Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kodansha has finally licensed the Pretty Guardian re-print of the Sailor Moon manga...to itself, but come september, we're getting Bi Monthly Sailor Moon again!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-18/kodansha-usa-to-publish-sailor-v-sailor-moon-manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

WickedIcon posted:

Okay jesus loving christ you guys are overreacting like hell to that ending.

Is it poorly written and somewhat creepy? Yes. Is it anywhere near the level of, say, That Anime? God no. Hell, I don't even think the ending ruins the manga, it's literally two chapters out of a significantly larger amount and it's really the only thing the manga did wrong.

And it most certainly should not be treated as a reason not to read the manga or watch the anime. It especially shouldn't be used as a reason not to watch similar series, because seriously that is all kinds of loving dumb.

Because how DARE we have opinions about a show that are formed as a result of a sudden and badly done cop out?!

When we ride, we run right off that cliff based on the first five episodes and nothing else!

Hey, it's more or less how Gonzo has stayed solvent for as long as it has!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

WickedIcon posted:

:ughh:

So because I don't think the ending is worthy of the constant bitching and threadshitting that happens whenever Usagi Drop is brought up, I suddenly support the exact opposite extreme! Good job, you've managed to either completely miss my point or deliberately ignore it! :downsbravo:

And yes, I do think it is pretty weird. It's also really poorly written and inarguably the low point of the series. That does not make it literally Hitler.

When I said that people are using it as an excuse to poo poo on similar shows, I was referring to this little gem from the Ikoku Meiro no Croisee thread:

Welcome to the magical world of opinions. In this magical universe, Opinions can be formed, can be rather drastically different from it's original state and can be used to base opinions on new things!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That My Girl manga suggested a few pages back is really good. Sure it's fluff compaired to early Usagi Drop but it's good fluff.

That and I absolutely loved the way they ended the Pregnancy Scare arc. That was the prefect solution to that.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Holy moly, My Girl is a loving rollercoaster of :smith: and :unsmith:. I finally started really reading it, I'm on chapter 14 and Jesus Christ. Is it monthly? Bimonthly? How often does it come out, it says it was released in 2007 but there's only 24 chapters up, did the group translating it drop it?

I was told it's like Usagi Drop, but it really isn't. It's cute but it's a hell of a lot more depressing as it goes.

My Girl, and let's be clear that I'm not putting it down in any way, strikes me as using the whole raising a kid thing to focus on regret/and or longing of the past (IE: Youko, Shuu's parents, even Masamune's folks to a degree) and insecurities about the future (The pregnancy scare and Youko's actions) rather than making any real focus on parenting beyond a surface level.
:goonsay:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Amazon Delivered Sailor V volume 1 today. They're saying that they won't be able to ship Sailor Moon Volume 1 until next month so that suggests one of two things; Sailor Moon is selling like mad and Kodansha can't keep up, or they're arsing about.

I hope it's the former.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

jhennauchan posted:

My Sailor Moon Volume 1 and Sailor V Volume 1 both came on the 12th. I pre-ordered, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Let's hope they're selling like crazy, cause I want a faster release schedule by golly.

I preordered as well (amazon.co.uk) so I dunno if the UK just got the shaft on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sailor Moon Kai to happen next year.

Between this and JoJo's the 90's are back to take names.