Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

WickedIcon posted:

Okay jesus loving christ you guys are overreacting like hell to that ending.

Is it poorly written and somewhat creepy? Yes. Is it anywhere near the level of, say, That Anime? God no. Hell, I don't even think the ending ruins the manga, it's literally two chapters out of a significantly larger amount and it's really the only thing the manga did wrong.

And it most certainly should not be treated as a reason not to read the manga or watch the anime. It especially shouldn't be used as a reason not to watch similar series, because seriously that is all kinds of loving dumb.

Now you have me curious. What is That Anime? I can't think of any other show with a more disappointing ending than Usagi Drop.

Also, I don't think anyone was using this series as a deterrent to other series like it. Hell, others have even recommended a very similar series (My Girl) in order to wash out the awful after taste.

I'd also like to know if there's been any backlash in Japan. I couldn't find anything on Google about it in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I don't understand how anyone can read Good Ending past the chapter where they hold hands on a bench in the middle of the night. I stopped reading after that because I knew the author was just going to poo poo over that moment in the future, and I was tired of being jerked around with borderline NTR bullshit.

I did the same thing with Kimi no Iru Machi. I stopped at the chapter where they both walk into the night talking about their vacation. It actually felt like a conclusion (because I ignored that stupid teacher part).

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Tiara posted:

Is anybody else still keeping up with Good Ending? Because it is clear that the author is planning on dragging this poo poo out for as long as possible and I don't recommend anybody get back into it.

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Yeah. I'm starting to get worn out on it too, due to the recent events (significant spoilers I guess)namely, Seiji losing his virginity to that white haired girl I can't even remember the name of who he's dating. The way the series has been going that's a guaranteed future plot point, as a pregnancy scare or dirty laundry when the two of them break up/go through a rocky part of their relationship, I'm expecting and when it does I'll probably drop the series for good.

Holy poo poo, am I glad I stopped following this series when I did. I wish this series ended twenty chapters in so it would have been about a guy who is awkward with girls gets a wing-man, who happens to be a girl, to help him out. Now that's a series I'd like to read.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

AxeBreaker posted:

Kimi no Iru Machi "Farts!"

Finally the series understands how I feel about it.

I have no idea why this is getting an anime. :sigh: