Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Hah, thanks for the link! I've seen the first 10 chapters or so of the chapter posted in /a/ (the only good thing is their manga dump) and remember being impressed by it. It is just really, really cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Nate RFB posted:

I'm not sure how many people here actually follow Ah! My Goddess, and even if you don't it's not like you're missing much continuity-wise, but I want to just say that (from the latest chapter) god the artwork will always be a sight for sore eyes.

Wait, Ah! My Goddess is still going on? :psyduck: I...I thought it'd stopped years ago.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
B-but...it was used as 'hilarious' references in MSTings, back when it was still called MSTing and Everything What is Crap actually had life. It's like finding NES games are still being produced. It's just so representative of 'old days gone by' in my head.

Anyway, 14 Sai no Koi enters its 6th chapter, in which there is another exciting development in the life of our beloved mature 14 year olds!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
drat you, 35 Min :argh: I was just about to make a post on Horimiya!

Darth Walrus posted:

Wait, how do you be 'secretly outgoing'?

He's not outgoing at school. Just read the thing, it's brilliant. Also apparently this one is based on another manga named something like "Hori and Miyamura-kun".

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I've just found a promising new (-ly scanlated) shoujo manga titled Ore Monogatari. It's about this big and tough bully-looking (bara material) student thinking the new girl he fancies actually likes his friend, who was always popular with girls. I like it because it focuses on the handsome guy's less-handsome friend, something I have never seen before. Sadly there's only three chapters so far.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Skychrono posted:

We recently finished and loved one that I haven't seen anyone mention, though - B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time.

Seconding this. Also you should continue to read the ending in the manga.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Yeah, Nisekoi isn't that great in terms of romance. I especially hate just how manipulative the cliffhangers could be. On the other hand, I really love the art.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Does anyone know what's up with the recent slew of Harry Potter doujinshis (shonen ai or otherwise) being uploaded? I don't think this has ever happened before. I didn't even know there are doujinshis of Harry Potter.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 14, 2012

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There's a new chapter (technically a section) of Ore Monogatari! In this chapter there is a very important redaction:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 16, 2013

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
In the new chapter of Bonnouji, it once again reiterates the philosophy it had preached about since its first chapter: don't make your senior co-worker give speeches at your wedding.

More seriously though, I loved how lighthearted and unstressed this whole manga is. It remains :3: the Manga.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Bonnouji chapter 32 is out, dealing with diet and landmines.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

coathat posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shuuden-na-Kankei
Hibari is a young professional who works long hours and inevitably rides the last train home. It's not all bad. She also runs into the train station worker, Yokose. Yokose is kind and polite and is always looking out for Hibari as she often sleeps defenselessly (and with a bit of drool) on her way home. Their brief encounters are a bright spot in her hectic days.

It's cute.

We need more cuter older people in manga.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

I also feel weird reading it. I don't know, the concept of a girl who suddenly lost weight because her favourite character died and then, due to her losing weight, became popular with the boys just sounds wrong to me. I can't really explain why. I guess it's part of the humour, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
That's probably wise, Captain Invictus, since somehow you post it in seinen and shoujo misc threads while it's actually shonen.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't quite remember what thread I originally heard about it in.

Could it be from this jerk? :v:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Speaking of a series about a cute romance, 14-Sai no Koi just updated. Saying 'it's adorable' is probably not needed at this point.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Horimiya updated. What do you guys think of the shorter hair?

Blhue posted:

It may not go anywhere at all, but I think the mangaka has a thing for age gap romance as she has done a short series about a middle schooler and an OL winding up together.

Goddammit this almost reminds me of another romance series featuring a middle schooler and a working adult, except the schooler is female and the adult is male. I don't think it went anywhere, but looking back at it it sure felt really creepy.

On an unrelated note, what do you guys think about Uwagaki?

The premise: A guy named Ajiokawa has a crush on a girl named Terui. Terui notices this and tells Ajiokawa that she got a boyfriend and that he should give up. Their teacher notices this and creates a clone of Terui. This is all for an experiment on human love:

The premise horrifies me. It's odd how...content the girl is with the possibility of losing all her feelings or the clone is with...well, everything. The general tone of the manga so far seems to be lighthearted dramedy (comedy on clone, drama on original) and I quite enjoyed the clone's romantic bits, though.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 4, 2013

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There is a new chapter of Homiriya, introducing a new character to the already wonderful Hoyarami cast of characters: a black-haired version of the main female lead of Horimiya, a clear sign of time travel antics.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
The same person who made Kurenai Ouji made this: Kokoro Kimiiro Sakura Iro. The main premise is that a boy had claimed that a girl, who's his childhood friend, is going to become his bride and all the embarassment following from that. While this can easily be super creepy, I think it's not, because it's very obvious that the girl also liked the boy and not currently reciprocating his affections because she didn't process it yet. Or could be that the boy is finally breaking through her defenses.

The art is super cute though!!! It's pretty light-hearted so far and I really hope it won't be super creepy!

I am a bit weirded out that there are romance between the boy's siblings and the girl's siblings, to be honest. Nothing creepy, just...odd.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Girls shouldn't hit boys the same way boys shouldn't hit girls. Unless there's mutual consensus.

Also another thing people shouldn't do: disturbing the plants watering session. Watering plants is a very essential thing, it's taking care of precious lives! Stop bothering people when they're using a watering can. This is just one of many useful lessons one can learn from the new chapter of Kokoro Kimiiro Sakura Iro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Being bored of tropes is in fact also a trope. Here, let me link you to TVTropes...

On second thought, why not check the new chapter of Ojojojo? It has all the Os and Js you need, provided in a beautiful font.