Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Picked up a webtoon called The Man Who Cleans up Makeup recently.
Story is about a college student, Kim Yeseul, who is a photography major that spent her whole life studying at the cost of learning how to keep her appearance up.

After her first foray into trying out makeup goes less than as she planned she gets recruited to help out a famed makeup artist, Cheon Yuseong, into being his model for an major corporate funded competition. It's 21 chapters so far with the current translations trailing not too far behind the story and releases every 4 or so days. We'll be caught up in a couple weeks.

As for the story itself
My first though was that Yeseul would be playing second fiddle to Cheon when it came the modelling scene as I wasn't sure what she could bring to the table and the story would be solely about her gaining confidence in her looks. But her photography degree and personality has proven to be just as important, if not more important, as Cheon's skills with a brush given their first photo shoot. Her eye for detail and framing and theme, as well as her drive to change herself both work really well here.

I'm also happy that Juhee seems to be a decent person, just really driven to make it into the industry and more than just a vain pretty face. It would have been really easy to just make her a bitchy character with nothing else going on, but that role seems to be relegated to the copy-cat instead.

Would definitely recommend this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's a rough week in the world of makeup. Turns out putting on a nice face isn't going to automatically make you happy.

Reminds me of another series about a succubus and normal guy. This time the goal is to cure his depression so he can get it up and she can do her job. Although she could stand to eat a few sandwiches herself to be honest.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Succubus and Salaryman got a bath episode.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Was this posted already, because it is great. The chapters are very short, though.
That Girl Is Not Just Cute

Brainamp posted:

This is Very Good.
I hope the twist is that this girl is a local goddess or something. She's really cool but also doesn't look human whenever she's in serious mode.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Six months of hiding that rack?!

They aren't even bound or anything. Other girl has just demonstrated some next level density for not noticing for half a year.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Blond girl has an ultra instinct mode, everything is fine.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cephas posted:

this premise deserves 20 volumes

Not exactly the same premise, but it kind of reminds me of Jun and Kaoru which is about two neighbors/childhood friends who swap gender every day at midnight.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mikl posted:

Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu laying down some serious :kimchi:

Boxing bros are true bros.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What happens when a 300 year old elf tries to seduce his tomboy human girlfriend? Comedy gold is what happens

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Jesus we're going all the way with these two, just like in the original comics.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Childhood friends can be very dangerous. And is anyone reading Yoko's other series (of which I think he's working on 3 at the moment) Destroy all Humanity that Can't be Regenerated? I was never into magic the gathering too much back when I used to play CCGs, but this series will probably hit some nostalgia points for anyone who did play back in 99. Main couple has good chemistry and overall it reminds me of Wizard's Souls where there's actual attention payed to the card games themselves and the main duo's relationship is so far kept to the side lines.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Took 20 chapters but it was worth it because the author kept my favorite technical breakdown of sex. BAM BAM gently caress AND FINISH!!!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Endorph posted:

i do think it kinda sucks that the girl is the one who gets a couple panels where she 'breaks character' and is vaguely demure and shy about it while the guy doesnt have any similar stuff. well, peace

That's been consistent across the whole series to be honest. The guy has no filter, she does.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There's a new chapter of Destroy all Humanity, They can't be regenerated where the MC is really struggling with the concept of having a crush.

Also a reminder that Japan has always had weird commercials but now I know a bit more about pro wrestling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC77AejnDRg

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't read that website on mobile apparently, but I take it by the series title and it having the literal BFM that it's a(probably sponsored/owned by WOTC) M:TG manga?

So weird to be reminded of The BFM, had a pair of those when Unglued was around like 20 years ago.

Yeah, Wizard sponsored an official manga done by Yokoto Takuma (Sesuji wo Pin, Shudan) and Ise Katsura; both of whom worked on Onani Master Kurosawa.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

lmao so the last main chapter of straightforward boyfriend/girlfriend was a pretty typical ridiculous morals committee testing chapter where they were forced to do some pretty hosed up things to prove their honesty or whatever.

So, in sticking with the straightforwardness of the series, this followup chapter deals with the morals committee chairman in a suitable manner

It gets annoying how these fictional student councils have authority to get people into situations like this so that look of utter contempt was cathartic as gently caress. My only regret is that this guy wasn't also put through invasive trials to prove some nonsense point.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Clitch posted:

We can start discussing MaoMao here? I haven't been following the seinen thread since it spawned a pages long dumpster fire over whether or not she's a Mary Sue.

It's not as farfetched when Japan's Idol culture is a very real thing.

Recent events in Saotome have been a tough read in that context. (I know that context is very much implied in Saotome itself)

Saotome is a different take since it's an actual public icon with the associated pressures that come from people trying to maintain an image for her. This was more the anime contrivances of shoving people in lockers and compelling them to wear swim suits to seduce a person while everyone watches. I don't know if the student council in actual japan has that kind of pull in real life.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

can't believe the big dude got a dick in his eye

I feel bad for the guy who had to carry a dude with a raging boner

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Let's put this in the right thread for a change.

Another monthly dose of Love and Magic: the Gathering
Unglued looks like a janky mess of broken and silly cards. But also makes me wish I'd gotten introduced to Magic around that time since kid me would totally love a card that weaponizes the Hokey Pokey. That's the kind of logic that got me playing Yu-gi-oh hoping that I could destroy flotation rings to KO entire groups of monsters.

Also a bit worried about that ending page.

Abrupt time-skips are the tell tale sign of the axe being dropped. And Most of Yoko's works were cut short before their time so here's hoping it's all according to plan and not the end of the good times. Unfortunately, looks like regardless of what happens there's no more younger version shenanigans

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Anyone reading Arakure Ojousama wa Monmon Shiteiru? Probably some of the most genuine laughs a romcom gets out of me.

Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido also got a new chapter.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I looked at my copy of the first volume and this was forshadowed. First chapter she goes to the bathroom to calm down and the music she puts on has a large black, and spiky word bubble coming off it with a gutteral shout visible. She's also headbanging in the stall.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It took less than a few hours for a pure, righteous elf to be utterly corrupted . Record time Japan.

Truga posted:

inuyasha has the best end.

kagome, after like eleventy years of inuyasha faffing about the countryside, getting ever more powerful and yet achieving nothing, picks up a bow and does the needful. the end :v:

Did they ever let Miroku use his wind tunnel or did the bees just keep showing up?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Angel and Demon in love got an update and it's appropriate that following a chapter titled "The Pink Demons" this one is about a green eyed monster.
Possibly evil older sister showing up cannot be good

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gnome7 posted:

New chapter is up, now with stronger snowman cookies.
That was a cute scene but this and Leslie having read multiple philosophers and having such a comparably deep understanding of history is starting to make me think she's going to dip into mary sue territory here.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

oh wait i got it lol

hosed up part is that they actually omitted some other doujins Fumita had worked on. The subject matter of a couple is not at all flattering.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Endorph posted:

For all i know a priest journey in an rpg world is a hilarious and heartwarming fantasy romp
It's tagged as hentai, you know what's up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A short update for Oddman 11. All I can say is Don't drill my nipples

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Elfface posted:

Why am I so invested in these horny weirdos?

Dowman is really good at taking very simple characters and having interact in engaging and fun ways. Plus his stories are always weird so there's lots of room for downright crazy stuff.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
We have a new chapter of Destroy all Humanity Thankfully it seems my fear of axing was premature. And it's a nice followup to the fireworks display.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Today is a good day for releases because a bomb has just been dropped in Cute Kaiju

Which led to

And then everything gets weirder. Mothra continues to be best wingwoman here, but I'm hoping this means at least boyfriend here learns Kuro's secret. Best not to linger on him not knowing when by this point it seems obvious to even him something about the timing of these "attacks" isn't right.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

chumbler posted:

I enjoyed this short webtoon about hot and somewhat dopey adults flirting with each other. Hopefully it continues to get updates.

https://mangadex.org/title/39319/love-war-s-victory

What if Kaguya-sama want's to be confessed too, but with adults. This is a nice read

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
To be honest, I fully expect the both of them to get taken down a peg by pretty much everyone because the author has made it clear most people don't care for the idol crap Saotome has to put up with and want her to be able to have her relationship. I don't expect much time to be payed to this if we only have a handful of chapters left, at worst maybe half of a chapter of Coach and everyone telling them off.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

There was another major dump of chapters today. Flashback arc is over and it ended on a good note. Also insert a joke about the Chad Pure Blooded Elf vs the Virgin Tomboy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Got a double dose of Yokota Takuma.

Destroy all Humankind has been heavily signposting that something is going to happen soon and with how this chapter played out seems it will start with the next chapter. But even still I want these two nerds to weather through it. At least now their secret trysts playing Magic together will be outed. I wonder if the reason these two started playing Magic around the same time will be relevant?

Dumb Prefect also got an update with a new addition to the cast.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

After 7 months, The Man Who Cleans Up Makeup finally updated.

:woop: Glad this is back. Joo Heewon continues to be a fantastic rival character, I thought she was going to be this rear end in a top hat glam girl and instead got a fiercely determined professional who knows how to leverage her talents and assets. She's also incredibly petty but in the right way. Well played indeed.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Another month, another episode of Kaiju in love

Mothra continues to be amazing and Minami continues to be super dense not to connect the dots between Kuroe and Harugon but at least he's solidified their relationship and also doomed Japan

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Valhalla got around to releasing another chapter of The Foolish Angel Dances with Demons and it's meh

Brainamp posted:

Too bad its a pretty garbo manga
The sameface is pretty egregious and the newer characters are pretty bad as well. There's a decent chapter once every blue moon but nothing really special either.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Haven't seen it mentioned but are people reading Dosanko Gyaru is mega cute? Story is about a Tokyo kid moving up north to Hokkaido and meets the resident Gyaru. Who apparently has anti-freeze running through her veins most days, which is an impressive feat to achieve without Vodka.

It's got 5 chapters and is off to a good start just setting up these two being interested in each other and clearing the omnipresent Misunderstanding within the same chapter it's introduced so I consider that an additional plus. Humor is good too, MC's reactions are solid but appropriate.

If Silver Spoon taught me anything it's that Hokkaido is a pretty cool area, am interested to see where else these two explore.

Cuntellectual posted:

I have no idea if anyone else reads 1-nen a gumi no monster, but power move by momo in the last chapter. :allears:
:crossarms: drat Momo, there's putting people on blast and then there is this.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Given that sukebans/delinquent girls aren't super popular lately, I'm sorta glad that I've come to like these mangas with rad gyarus. Thanks!
It's a neat era that's blossomed since around the time Galko-chan got popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

“Sexiled”, though.

Pretty sure I've seen that exact title in the Adult section of a video rental store.