Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
That description reads like they took every soap opera cliche ever and crammed it all into a comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

Didn't the guy with glasses end up with the widow with the scar on her back? I remember they did it, and I don't recall anything implying that they split up. Also the pottery girl seemed on-track with the suave co-worker.

Yeah, Those two pairs end up together, but no one really seems happy about it.

Uggg loving Honey & Clover. The first season ends on such a hopeful note, and then season 2 comes along and kicks you in the dick. That's one of the few shows I seriously wish I hadn't seen the second season of.

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

See, I really liked season 2. It was bittersweet, but it was kinda nice to recognize that sometimes things just don't work out and you have to move on with your life, instead of going for a kirameki rabu rabu story. I thought the ending was really well done, too. I was also having some issues in my life at the time I was watching it that kinda mirrored some of Takemoto's, so it was a bit cathartic for me, and that probably makes it a much better series for me than it would necessarily be for someone else.

And the unicorns guarding the princess will always be hilarious.

Haha, yeah I kinda felt the same way about season 1, since when I first watched it I was going through the same thing as Takemoto trying to figure out what I was going to do with my life. Season 2 was good, yeah, but it seemed like its whole point was to drive home that no one ever gets what they really want and that just depressed the hell out of me.