Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsuki
Aug 30, 2005
Lipstick Apathy

LightWarden posted:

Glass Mask is really old. Started in 1976, it's a pretty influential series that many shoujo series owe something to. It's the story of a girl with a talent for acting who's discovered by a reclusive master of theater, and her ensuing ups and downs (and awesome rivalries) as she develops. Despite its age, it's still pretty drat good, and you can enjoy it for its weird sparkly charm.

Everyone really should read this one. I love it. It's one of those stories where I really will be sad when it is over. Maya is just so lovable.

If you are in the mood for ridiculous melodrama, check out Oniisama E. It's about a girl at a private school who joins an elite sorority of wealthy, beautiful (and crazy) girls. Her classmates think she doesn't deserve to be in it, and the troubled people in and around the sorority make her life difficult.
There is the manga, and also a 39 episode anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsuki
Aug 30, 2005
Lipstick Apathy
Oishii Kankei
I've been reading this one, slowly, but I thought I would share it.
Batoto summarizes it better than I could:

quote:

Fujiwara Momoe, a girl who loves to eat, was raised by her rich parents eating only the best.

When her father dies from heart disease and Momoe has to support her and her mother, she can't stand the food that she makes (she never cooked before).

One day, she walks into a little French restaurant and recognizes the food from its taste. She had eaten it several years earlier when celebrating her birthday at a 5-star restaurant with her parents. She asks to work there as a cook under the head chef, Oda-san. She falls in love with Oda, but he doesn't notice her feelings and only considers her an annoying apprentice. This series goes through joy and heartbreak, as experienced by Momoe.

I'm only up to volume 4, but so far it has given me the same feeling as reading Hana Yori Dango: frustration towards the romance, but still dying to know if they end up together.
Also, it makes me hungry.

tsuki
Aug 30, 2005
Lipstick Apathy
New Taiyou no Ie: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/134061/taiyou-no-ie_v4_ch15_by_maigo :3: