Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I agree that GT PSP should be recommended. And Wipeout Pulse.

You also might add something about the Go adding bluetooth and using different memory sticks (micro M2) than the older models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Captain Novolin posted:

Just picked up Ace Combat: Joint Assault and it's really fun so far. The voice acting is on par with the rest of the series, so it's hilariously bad, and it supports infrastructure Multiplayer, so I can play with other people!* The controls work really well although my thumb is a little sore from switching between the stick and D-pad for control of the rudders.

*Assuming I can ever get it to connect to campus internet

If you want to play sometime, let me know. PSN: smh17.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I wonder how the 3G will be paid for; hopefully by the initial cost of buy-in to the ecosystem like the Kindle. Unlikely, though.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

BGrifter posted:

What sort of cases are you guys using for the PSP Go? The two official ones are a little underwhelming. Are there any cellphones similar in size that might have a workable case?

I use the smallest one of these: http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/images/travelcase-set-black-lg.jpg. It's a tight fit for the go's height, but it still works well. I can cram the usb cable in there too. I'd much prefer some kind of slipcase, but this one at least has enough padding I can carelessly throw it in my manpurse without worry.

OFW 6.37 is up. No feature list, just fixing security.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

smallmouth posted:

I use the smallest iPod travel case from http://www.sfbags.com. It's a tight fit for the go's height, but it still works well. I can cram the usb cable in there too. I'd much prefer some kind of slipcase, but this one at least has enough padding I can carelessly throw it in my manpurse without worry.

OFW 6.37 is up. No feature list, just fixing security.

Damnit, doublepost. Sorry. Link fixed above.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Something like that looks perfect, good to know that an iPhone bag will fit even if it's a little on the tight side. Opens up a ton of options for cases.

Well, that particular iPhone bag at least. I don't think just any iPhone case would work. The go has similar dimensions to some of the smart phones, but always seems off by just enough. I haven't found many cases that work with it. I'd prefer something slim enough I could pocket it without having to worry about the screen. If you find something else that works well, let us know.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sheep posted:

Right after I spent $100 importing a loving 16 gigabyte M2 card for my Go. Sony really needs to go just stop with their proprietary formats for everything. That or at least quit losing and have their formats fall into obscurity (Betamax, Memorystick, MD everywhere except Japan, UMD, etc).

Edit: the fact that I had to buy a Sandisk brand M2 was kind of sad as well.

What? Why would you import an M2 card?

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 26, 2011

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I have a Go as well, with a 16GB card. You guys got taken for a ride. I bought mine quite a while ago and it was only $40 then.

All said, I agree it'd be nice if Sony used more ubiquitous formats.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 26, 2011

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sheep posted:

I live in Japan, where oddly enough even things made in Japan (like Sony M2 cards) are cheaper to just import from America. Cheapest M2 card I found in my city of half a million was roughly $140 USD, although after looking deeper I could have bought one from amazon.co.jp for ~$80 USD.

That's insane. Sorry for my Western-centric assumptions.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Tactics Ogre is released in February.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I don't know how a PSP looks with TV out cables, but if it's anything like how it looks when you stretch the image to even just 2x in RemoteJoyLite, it aint pretty. Of course, I don't know if it properly upscales the image or just stretches it, but I imagine it just stretches it. Nothing at that low a resolution is meant to be displayed on a TV.

It really depends on your TV's ability to display the strange resolution the PSP puts out. If it has something that can accommodate, it can look decent enough.

Edit: sorry about the table-breaking.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I think videos are only one time downloads. Games are as many times as you need.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

frogg posted:

What kind of battery life does your Go have with the playing music and all? I've never timed the battery life on mine but I swear it's way below what it should be. I hate how it only has 3 bars on the battery icon :mad:, I can never tell how long I've been playing or how long I have left but it always seems to hover around 2 or 1 whenever I do end up looking at it.

I'm curious about this too. I have a 4+ hour flight coming up and I'd rather only take my Go than it and my MP3 player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Be careful about getting dust on the screen. I had some dust between the screen and cover of my 2000, took the face off to get it out and only managed to get more in there.

• Locked thread