Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Ys Seven is probably my most played PSP game up there with ZHP. I'm looking forward to the delayed yet imminent release of Ys Chronicle as well.

*checks list again*

Wait, Dissidia is not listed as a recommended game?

The Armored Core Portable series should probably be mentioned as well, although they seem to be releasing new ones rather frequently (ACP3, AC:LRP, AC:SLP were each released about 4 months apart iirc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

davidHalestorm posted:

I love Trails in the Sky. Be warned, though, as the ChiTownEddie said, it's part of a trilogy. If you care about the story at all, like me, you'll have blueballs by the time the game ends. It took me 40 hours to finished the game.

XSeed are probably working on translating/localizing the second chapter, but they won't confirm anything about it. Last I heard, XSeed were finishing up translating a new Wizardry game for PS3, but other than that they've been pretty quiet.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

ChiTownEddie posted:

Never heard of it, is it something worth getting excited about?
(Said by someone who usually appreciates XSEED translating RPGs to English)

It's a Vanillaware game (same people who did Odin's Sphere and Muramasa: The Demon Blade). That alone gives me reason to buy it, since they have yet to disappoint.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

bubblegumbo0 posted:

There is also no reason why SC and 3rd cannot both be available for Vita via PSN and not just the PSP, XSEED is probably trying to sort that out with Falcom from an interview I read a while ago.

The problem with that and XSEED localizing Trails in the Sky SC is that the game was released on 2 UMDs and there has been no digital download release of it by Falcom, so unless Falcom and XSEED want to spend way more on a sequel which will probably sell less than FC they're going to have to do with a UMD-only release. Then again, the sales of AnK Japan-side might just give Falcom enough money to throw around, since it sold a lot over there.

Alternatively, XSEED could have gone the PC-version route and they would probably be done with the trilogy by now, but they're taking the long road for whatever reason. I'm sure it's a good one.

Edit:
vvvv Agreed, the next games in the series are probably better than FC, but I remember seeing a few articles about the problems they have to deal with regarding the localization from the recent interviews with Falcom.

toddy. fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 11, 2011

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Captain Novolin posted:

P3P is the only JRPG that's managed to keep me interested for more than a handful of hours. This is coming from the guy who got burnt out on Chrono Trigger.

If you want a lighter JRPG I'd recommend PoPoLoCrois. It's really cheap on UMD nowadays. I got it for $5 and it's easily one of my favourite PSP titles.

• Locked thread