Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I was just about to write a note to the Francis Scott Key Bridge, Robin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Zoben posted:

I've never heard anyone refer to a group of people as "Spanish" unless they're specifically from Spain, unless that's some kind of NYC thing. I tend to think it's a "dumb Sal" thing.

As a NYC-er, I'm pretty sure it's both.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Robins Daddy touched her under that bridge.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I put the Vaseline on the tip of my pillar.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

mayday, mayday

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

beep by grandpa posted:

mayday, mayday

Steak for 2 for 1. For me Dominic.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Steak for 2 for 1. For me Dominic.

Ok, you've got me, I don't recognize the reference. Pretty rare, so I got to say it when it happens.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

Ok, you've got me, I don't recognize the reference. Pretty rare, so I got to say it when it happens.

https://youtu.be/d9hJ4fXQ2xE?si=ff2weyEdRwNJLqYn

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I only recently heard a compilation of his final existence on the Stern show. Dude was always a grifter and I feel like people on the show that closer to him always figured that out quickly. It's like they let him hang around knowing there would be a collapse some day.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
I had a jump scare when Dominic showed up in What’s Wrong With Aunt Diane to defend the lady that drove down the turnpike in the wrong direction with her entire family in the car. He was such a slime ball

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Thanks for the clip, I remember that from back in the day, but I hadn't heard it since. Great stuff.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

GodspeedYou!Witchy posted:

I had a jump scare when Dominic showed up in What’s Wrong With Aunt Diane to defend the lady that drove down the turnpike in the wrong direction with her entire family in the car. He was such a slime ball

Dominic was everything that is wrong with lawyers. He got everything that was coming to him.

It’s also so great that he was Anthony Cumia’s ex wife’s attorney and took him for every cent he possibly could.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn’t remember stuttering John and Beth overlapped

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Khrab khakes fuh everyone!
Vodkha with khranberry!
And TWO LEMONS!

Fuh DOMINIKH!

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

euphronius posted:

I didn’t remember stuttering John and Beth overlapped

Howard was seriously dating Beth remarkable soon after his divorce.

Suzanner and Beth were friends for years after John left the show. Which really seemed to piss Howard off.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
John was an early Beth rear end-kisser because he knew it was a way to get into Howard's good books/inner circle.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Right now it’s coming back

Crazy listening to Howard easily go to restaurants and share food at a table

He’s gotten really ill over the years

euphronius fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 27, 2024

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DeadBonesBrook posted:

John was an early Beth rear end-kisser

Hey, just like her former principal.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Ralph Hurley posted:

Khrab khakes fuh everyone!
Vodkha with khranberry!
And TWO LEMONS!

Fuh DOMINIKH!

Perfect!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Steak for two. . . For one !!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Two Kings posted:

Dominic was everything that is wrong with lawyers. He got everything that was coming to him.

It’s also so great that he was Anthony Cumia’s ex wife’s attorney and took him for every cent he possibly could.

What happened to Dominic? I've never heard that tale.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

He was disbarred for defrauding clients. He was arrested for violating restraining orders from his ex wife. His Shelter Island home was foreclosed on and might still be rotting away to this day. He basically lost everything.

He also seemed to have some sort of manic or depressive episode and was making bizarre calls into the show before they stopped even mentioning him.

Last I saw years ago he was trying to hock some diet pill scams.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The whole reason he was even on the show was because he said he'd work Jessica Hahn's case for free. So you know he was just in it for fame.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’d say drug and alcohol abuse melted his brain

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
N****rless Cage.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

The whole reason he was even on the show was because he said he'd work Jessica Hahn's case for free. So you know he was just in it for fame.

The biggest star fucker associated with the show, and that's saying something. Few could top his "any attention is good attention" stance, and he never missed an opportunity to try and buy his way into air time. For me, he's up there with Jeff the Vomit Guy for the most vile person in show history.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Two Kings posted:

He was disbarred for defrauding clients. He was arrested for violating restraining orders from his ex wife. His Shelter Island home was foreclosed on and might still be rotting away to this day. He basically lost everything.

He also seemed to have some sort of manic or depressive episode and was making bizarre calls into the show before they stopped even mentioning him.

Last I saw years ago he was trying to hock some diet pill scams.

lol wow. I always loved how he would just always rush onto the phone when anything legal or financial was involved.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I listened to the rear end Napkin Ed compilation for the first time.

I really lost it at work when he claimed making GBS threads into a bucket in the sink didn't stink "because of the candles."

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Dominic Barbera was actually very successful in the NYC society/celebrity legal world in the 70's and 80's and represented a ton of famous/well-known names before he became a goof on Howard's show. You couldn't go into Rao's in the 80's without seeing him eating with some recognizable criminal or other (Trump, Giuliani, Bo Dietl, Jordan Belfort, Gotti, etc)

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

During the Cabbie meltdown when he is trying to create a "charity" during the Iraq War, Dominic calls in and tells Cabbie he will introduce him to a great lawyer who knows how to setup charities and whatnot......that lawyer was Michael Cohen. Pretty much all you need to know about the circle Dominic ran in during his glory days.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

During the Cabbie meltdown when he is trying to create a "charity" during the Iraq War, Dominic calls in and tells Cabbie he will introduce him to a great lawyer who knows how to setup charities and whatnot......that lawyer was Michael Cohen. Pretty much all you need to know about the circle Dominic ran in during his glory days.

Support Our War Dot Com!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

The biggest star fucker associated with the show, and that's saying something. Few could top his "any attention is good attention" stance, and he never missed an opportunity to try and buy his way into air time. For me, he's up there with Jeff the Vomit Guy for the most vile person in show history.

Perfectly said.

EDIT:
The more I think about at, the "addiction to attention at all costs" thing is probably the most odious of all of the wackpacker traits. This is why we love Betel and hate ETM.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 28, 2024

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Speaking of ETM:
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/katharine-mcphee-celebrates-40th-birthday-191514644.html

I would have flown with balloons for that.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I was talking to an old buddy the other day and KOAB come up. We were trying to think what modern things he would think are stylish, like Moen faucets.

He's definitely an iPhone Instagram guy and will not text with Android users.

Probably thinks HelloFresh is better and ChefsPlate is subpar.

He uses Google smart home devices, thinks Amazon is racist.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

That KOAB / Angry Black argument might be my personal favorite fight on the show. I know there are probably better or more famous arguments, but when he started bragging about Moen faucets I completely lost it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I can't look at a Moen faucet and not think of it.

Same deal with the huge list of songs used in really great or memorable parodies. I mean, fuckin' Sour Shoes has actually permanently instilled the image of Steve Langford's monster fat penis in my mind whenever one of those songs come on.

Steve Langford: allegedly hung like a Moen faucet.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 28, 2024

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

ultraviolence123 posted:

That KOAB / Angry Black argument might be my personal favorite fight on the show. I know there are probably better or more famous arguments, but when he started bragging about Moen faucets I completely lost it.

What about him vs Rashan?
Especially when he was leaving voice mails calling Rashan various derogatory terms for blacks.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I bet he got a beige computer

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I bet his phone flips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Lifespan posted:

I bet he got a beige computer

This was actually really funny at the time he said it though.

It's one of those lines I heard live that I instantly knew I was going to remember forever.