Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

You think Janks is trying to call in to CNN and say that he's OJ's Oncologist and that he got cancer from Howard Stern's penis?

Sadly, modern day CNN only foolishly reports stupid-as-hell poo poo that any moron can tell is fake if it comes directly from the GOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I came here to post about OJ pretty much the instant I saw it but was beaten like Nicole Brown Simpson.

I texted my brother about it and he was all like "the ghosts of Ron and Nicole better watch out. OJ gonna be after them again".

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I will always blame O.J. for the Kardashians being a thing.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Ralph Hurley posted:

I will always blame O.J. for the Kardashians being a thing.

Imagine going back in time to tell your 1994 self about how this somehow leads to Kaitlin Jenner

God I loved this era of SNL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SSVIg4Noqc

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Reminder that Norm got fired from the show by OJ's golfing buddy.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I bet Jost and Che get a few good lines in this week. They are probably fitting Keenan in wardrobe right now.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Bonzo posted:

Look out!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I see oj. I see oj mayn an' he look daid.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lookie Lookie Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PFT_5CaIfo

Here's the whole trail saga from 1995. I am pretty sure they will never let this air on Sirius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70YeASMhdc

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Lookie Lookie Here

Here's the whole trail saga from 1995. I am pretty sure they will never let this air on Sirius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70YeASMhdc

Yah the Japanese racism against Ito was non stop, plus Howards constant Marsha Clark "She has a great body Id love to bang her"
would never make it to the air today.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I was in the jury pool for a murder trial in LA once, and the judge was Lance Ito. They filled the panel before they got to interviewing me but I got to sit in the courtroom for a day and a half and it was very interesting to see him in RL action.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dear OJ,

Arrivederci, cocksucker.

Hi Fred.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was in the jury pool for a murder trial in LA once, and the judge was Lance Ito. They filled the panel before they got to interviewing me but I got to sit in the courtroom for a day and a half and it was very interesting to see him in RL action.

Supposedly he loved the attention that the trial brought. The whole "Dancing Itos" thing, etc. Loved it. Top to bottom that whole thing was just an absolute joke.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Years ago i downloaded from kazaa or napster or somewhere, the stern show from tbe day after the verdict and they were talking about the only person on or associated with the show who predicted the out come was daniel carver.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 11, 2024

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Jfc I forgot about the Old Black OJ song.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Old Black OJ…..

No, bad idea.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I worry that I will reach a state of senility where I remember that song but don’t remember that it’s inappropriate

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Recut that song using clips from Trump's audio book.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Did you get selected?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
At least Sal no longer has to worry about any future black presidents pardoning O.J.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Ol' black oj's dead and gone lookie lookie here

Im interesred to hear the shiw on monsay now gotta admit.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

Did you get selected?

No, they picked their 12+2 before I was to be interviewed. I think I was #26 or something, I think they took the first 30 and had a jury by about 20, and the process took all of the first day and then until about noon of the second day. It was really pretty interesting, and Ito made the process compelling and understandable.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
anything else, Robin?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mexican Radio posted:

anything else, Robin?

Well hello dare!!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Remember when Howard cured his chronic back pain through the power of positive thinking?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Remember when Howard cured his chronic back pain through the power of positive thinking?

That's also how you cure Gay

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

Ah yes Dr. Sarno. Just tell the pain to go away

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Back pain? Feh.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"Zsa Zsa Gabor has mammoth oval office lips" - Ed McMahon

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

The worst part was Howard constantly telling guests that their pain was imaginary. The peak may have been when Spade was explaining a neck and head injury he received in high school, and Howard went all out with his Sarno BS.

So glad I don't have to hear about this rear end in a top hat anymore:

quote:

John Ernest Sarno Jr. (June 23, 1923 – June 22, 2017)[1][2][3] was Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, and attending physician at the Howard A. Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, New York University Medical Center. He graduated from Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan in 1943,[4] and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1950. In 1965, he was appointed the director of the Outpatient Department at the Rusk Institute.

Sarno originated the term tension myositis syndrome (TMS) to name a claimed psychosomatic condition producing pain, particularly back pain.[5] This syndrome diagnosis and treatment protocol are not accepted by the mainstream medical community.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 13, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm sure this cockamamie bullshit includes "stretch your hamstrings for your mild back tightness from sitting in a chair all day" and then presto! Your brain healed you.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I remember Howard berating the poo poo out of Sal because he had doubts about his goofy meditation cure all regimen. It was one of those rare occasions where Sal wasn’t actually being stupid but was reasonably skeptical about some pretty dubious claims.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Robin wins everything when it comes to alternative medicine.

Flying to the west coast on the weekend to have your blood recirculated lol

Or believing a french fry from 1998 is still in your intestine, which can only be removed by flushing coffee up your rear end.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Or believing a french fry from 1998 is still in your intestine, which can only be removed by flushing coffee up your rear end.

This is one of dumbest new age beliefs, and a simple colonoscopy should alleviate this delusion.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Like Robin's new-age health nuttery, Howard agreeing to pay some guy like $10k to install a small TV in his kitchen was pretty peak rich person being parted from their money syndrome.

Even Artie, who's main solution to everything is throwing money at it was like "that's crazy"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Magnets behind the ears was peak crazy Robin

Produced an amazing bit as well

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Like Robin's new-age health nuttery, Howard agreeing to pay some guy like $10k to install a small TV in his kitchen was pretty peak rich person being parted from their money syndrome.

Even Artie, who's main solution to everything is throwing money at it was like "that's crazy"

Didn't Artie pay Teddy something like $200 to just load songs on his ipod?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Recently one of the writers on the show, Sam, said she's going to eat her placenta after having her next baby. Robin immediately got on board about how that's so important and natural and blah blah. When Howard asked what it's supposed to accomplish, neither Sam nor Robin could give an explanation, just vague crap about how western medicine doesn't know everything and some cultures have been eating placentas since ancient times so that makes it legitimate.

Robin used to be a nurse so it's extra dumb when she spouts off about placenta eating and coffee enemas and magnets.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bonzo posted:

Didn't Artie pay Teddy something like $200 to just load songs on his ipod?

No, Artie never did that.

It was $500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

Recently one of the writers on the show, Sam, said she's going to eat her placenta after having her next baby. Robin immediately got on board about how that's so important and natural and blah blah. When Howard asked what it's supposed to accomplish, neither Sam nor Robin could give an explanation, just vague crap about how western medicine doesn't know everything and some cultures have been eating placentas since ancient times so that makes it legitimate.

Robin used to be a nurse so it's extra dumb when she spouts off about placenta eating and coffee enemas and magnets.

It is classic "oh shut the gently caress up Robin." Would have been nice to have Jackie there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEk4SgmaKlo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

No, Artie never did that.

It was $500

This was back when the main way of doing it was paying $1/song, so most probably went to music. Teddy didn't seem sharp enough to pirate all of it and manually copy it over.