Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

hunter x az posted:

you guys take it WAY too personal.

When you listen to nothing but one show for 4-5 hours a day, then additional programming related to that show the rest of the day, your world becomes that show. You start to think that you're part of the conversation that Howard and Robin and Fred and Gary are having, even though you can't communicate with them. It's hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
And you know, outside of my family and a couple of friends, Howard is my longest relationship. I'm 35 and have been listening regularly since I was 19 or 20. So gently caress yeah I am going to take the show a bit personally.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

sedative posted:

You guys can keep posting twitter pictures of his wife though

The only downside of losing Bubba talk :(

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Kelly posted:

And you know, outside of my family and a couple of friends, Howard is my longest relationship. I'm 35 and have been listening regularly since I was 19 or 20. So gently caress yeah I am going to take the show a bit personally.

That's pretty hosed up.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I dont know if we have enough people who listen to start a whole new thread.
Plus, It wouldnt surprise me if Bubba is actually back on 101 before the end of the month. Howard has said they are still talking and trying to resolve things and obviously he doesnt want to burn any calories trying to get new programming on H101

I will gladly do a Bubba thread, but maybe we can just hold off until we know everything is set in stone.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

sedative posted:

Yeah, this.

Also, Howard and Gary are the two biggest retards when it comes to "gadgets". If his favorite chess site wasn't retarded they'd have an app on the iPad that would allow you to play chess with others with all the features as the main site. Flash is completely useless now.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kelly posted:

Are you from Brooklyn? Maryann?!?!?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

sedative posted:

Meh, she got rid of her implants, didn't she?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ha...well that sounded a lot more dramatic then intended.

But really, you guys that are 10 plus years out of high school - you're still in touch with those people? I've been out of college for 12, but still, I've been listening to Howard longer than I've known those people too!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

AxeManiac posted:

Are you from Brooklyn? Maryann?!?!?

Caww Caww

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

All I need is How-werd in my life!!!!!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Kelly posted:

All I need is How-werd in my life!!!!!

my god...my spine just stiffened as I read that in her voice.

Have they ever interviewed her husband or kids?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I dont know if we have enough people who listen to start a whole new thread.
Plus, It wouldnt surprise me if Bubba is actually back on 101 before the end of the month. Howard has said they are still talking and trying to resolve things and obviously he doesnt want to burn any calories trying to get new programming on H101

I will gladly do a Bubba thread, but maybe we can just hold off until we know everything is set in stone.

Howard is full of poo poo. He's just saying hopeful things and hoping the complaints will go away.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

FogHelmut posted:

Howard is full of poo poo. He's just saying hopeful things and hoping the complaints will go away.

Maybe, but Bubba and Spice also mentioned today that they were still talking to Sirius. Bubba gave a good interview yesterday and said that they were willing to take a pay cut like everyone else. The number Bubba gave was $600k. 400 less than they made, but 400 more than Sirius offered. Seems reasonable to me.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Bonzo posted:

my god...my spine just stiffened as I read that in her voice.

Have they ever interviewed her husband or kids?
Nope never happened.

My god that poor guy :(

She is actually a really attractive woman but imagine having to listen to that voice all day, thats reason for suicide right there.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Cant listen to Maryann for longer then 5 seconds. However I could listen to Artie's impression of her forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdnZw6yKlRg

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Graviton v2 posted:

She is actually a really attractive woman but imagine having to listen to that voice all day, thats reason for suicide right there.

I think Maryann's voice just goes like that when she gets excited that she's on the air and starts yelling.

I remember watching a Howard tv segment that she was backstage at where someone was hitting on her. She thanked them in a very quiet, bashful voice and it was kind of cute.

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

Since HowardTV is airing daily shows from the new year does this mean that the show signed another five year television deal as well? I haven't heard anything about it.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Vakal posted:

I think Maryann's voice just goes like that when she gets excited that she's on the air and starts yelling.

I remember watching a Howard tv segment that she was backstage at where someone was hitting on her. She thanked them in a very quiet, bashful voice and it was kind of cute.

When she's excited? Dude I think you broke my dick. I can't imagine how awful it would be to hear that voice in the middle of sex. "Oh my GAWDDDDD"

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

therapy posted:

I am in full support of this. I don't want to hear about the Bubba show unless it's in reference to something Howard has to do with it.

that's great but nobody cares what therapy from the internet thinks

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Millstone posted:

He's right though, I scroll past Bubba chat and have done since this thread was in GBS. I saw someone mention making a Bubba OP/thread, it's time.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Millstone posted:

Well, I agree with him; and that's really great, too.
If BTLS isn't on Sirius anymore then he's off-topic.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

-Atom- posted:

I don't like John Hein at all but him fast-forwarding the Christian part in Charlie Brown is really funny to me.

My junior high history class showed Ben-Hur to illustrate ancient Rome, except I went to a public school so they decided they had to fast forward through all the scenes about Jesus. They skipped so much by the end of the movie the plot made no sense.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

T. Finn posted:

I saw someone mention making a Bubba OP/thread, it's time.
I'll do it, but I think currently most Bubba talk has been in regards to Sirius and the programming on H101. Can we give it a week or so? That will be enough time to exhaust the Bubba/Sirius talk and see what actually is going to happen with H101.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Well, I agree with him; and that's really great, too.
If BTLS isn't on Sirius anymore then he's off-topic.

A Bubba thread on its own would either get gassed in 5 minutes or buried. It can't survive on its own. :saddowns:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I'll do it, but I think currently most Bubba talk has been in regards to Sirius and the programming on H101. Can we give it a week or so? That will be enough time to exhaust the Bubba/Sirius talk and see what actually is going to happen with H101.

Yeah no rush at all

quote:

A Bubba thread on its own would either get gassed in 5 minutes or buried. It can't survive on its own.

Why would it get gassed? That will never happen, and I'm sure you guys will be posting enough to keep it from sliding into the archives.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Thank you for your call!

I've been paying for sirius for nearly 7 years now. The last 2 of which I haven't had a working radio. Last time I dealt with sirius customer support I was on hold for loving 2 hours. I'm not putting up with that bullshit again if I don't have to. I'll happily pay them the money and continue to torrent the episodes at my leisure. Glad we finally got a new thread, as the last one was bloated as poo poo.

A request: Everyone knows the drop "It doesn't matter!", right? Does anyone know where I can find the full clip of that call? That was one of the funniest phone calls I can remember. I'm going to guess it was from some time in 1995 or 1996.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Air Julio posted:

A request: Everyone knows the drop "It doesn't matter!", right? Does anyone know where I can find the full clip of that call? That was one of the funniest phone calls I can remember. I'm going to guess it was from some time in 1995 or 1996.

Here is most of the call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHcJsByFBEc

It was based around The million man march, I think that was 1995.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Millstone posted:

Yes and we all wait with baited breath for your opinion.

My point is that there are two completely different shows that have absolutely no correlation any longer unless Bubba is back on H101 in the future. The only reason Bubba was even in the old thread was because it was a catch-all H100/H101 thread. This is the Howard Stern Show Megathread. Not H100/H101.

If people want to talk about Bubba or Ferrell they should have their own threads.

Different shows on the same network have their own threads, I don't know why different radio shows that happen to be on the same channel don't have their own.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

therapy posted:

If people want to talk about Bubba or Ferrell they should have their own threads.

Does anybody listen to Ferrell?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

-Atom- posted:

No

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

-Atom- posted:

I tried it when it first came on but being British and not interested in even British sports let alone American sports I found myself not wanting to listen. That said the guys delivery and style is awesome, its just for a sports person I guess.

Lest we not forget Ferrell re-discovered the Iron Shiek which made like 2 years worth of good bits on the show.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Graviton v2 posted:

I tried it when it first came on but being British and not interested in even British sports let alone American sports I found myself not wanting to listen. That said the guys delivery and style is awesome, its just for a sports person I guess.

Lest we not forget Ferrell re-discovered the Iron Shiek which made like 2 years worth of good bits on the show.

Right but Ferrall kind of wears you out within 1 minute of listening to him. He sounds like a lawnmower, has music blaring in the background, god knows what is going on :psyduck:

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Millstone posted:

Right but Ferrall kind of wears you out within 1 minute of listening to him. He sounds like a lawnmower, has music blaring in the background, god knows what is going on :psyduck:

Hahaha he totally does sound like a lawnmower. And for the longest time I couldn't tell if his catch phrase was "Check it out" or "Shake it up". The best part about Ferrall's show is that Sour Shoes sounds exactly like him but can't keep it up for very long because it's loving exhausting apparently.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I love Ferrall and listen to the show as much as I can. However, I am a huge sports guy and listened to his terrestrial show on and off when my markets had it. He really is a big name in sports talk radio.
The problem with his current show is the time slot. I wish I was on the west coast and commuted because I bet his show is even better at 5pm drive time. Its super high energy and always has music playing.
Its hard to catch him at 8pm out east. Usually its just when your in the car, and those car rides typically last a few minutes.

I dont think we need a Ferrall thread. The show material is day to day based on the sporting news and events. Sometimes whole hours of his show are spent doing play by play for a dozen live sports events. It really doesnt provide any reason for daily discussion.

If they have to fill the 3pm time slot I say give it to Scottie. The only problem with that is that so much of his show revolves around actually watching sports on the air and updating the audience.
Not much going on between 3 and 8.

Edit.
HAHAHAHAHAH ProFootballtalk.com does a daily video show and today they took calls for the first time ever. Guess what happened?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 7, 2011

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Indolent Bastard posted:

You might try solder paste. (Just don't confuse it with flux which is nowhere near the same thing).

What the poo poo is solder paste? Is it something that I can just dab on the joint with a pin, or toothpick?
Thanks.

On topic, I thought the Seth Rogen interview was good today. Finally a decent guest, that isn't George/ gilbert/ Mr.T.
Also, I didn't hear them busting Richard's balls today, but I have to agree that holy gently caress, sometimes they just go too far, and not by being mean or cruel but they just keep going and going. I got fuckin sick of Howard loving with gary for 2 hours a day when his book was coming out, and he was doing the book tour.
gently caress, enough already.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Daddy loves you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH7A2F5_M2A

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Farrell is loving awesome. Its the one thing I really miss about not having a working radio anymore :(

Gibbon
Feb 22, 2004
chang chang!
Lisa G's segments are driving me crazy, they are so boring, she is so boring. Do you guys ever think out of all the possible content they could put on the show, they chose this? What a waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

King of All Blacks is the creepiest bastard. His story today about saving his wife's sweaty socks and keeping them in a plastic bag so they won't lose the scent... nauseating.