Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
KOAB was wittier and faster than Artie and benji. Crazy that he was like a street sweeper or something right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think if you run the stats the worst person to ever appear on the show is Robin

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

euphronius posted:

I think if you run the stats the worst person to ever appear on the show is Robin

Oh c'mon. HPE hands down.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

You wear security guard pants.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Some of the Black on Black episodes were funnier than THSS has been the last ten years or so.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Richard, calling into the hockey post-game show

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Enorma has never been more proud of her daughter.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lifespan posted:

Enorma has never been more proud of her daughter.

Norma*. Yes, I know it's not exactly "enormous tits" but when you say it fast enough, it doesn't matter.

I realize that a lot of the calls are re-recorded ("My name is Mohammed. I want to blow up your pus-..."), but the tradio/swap-shop hosts actually did say "Eaton Beaver" and "Curly Pubes" :allears:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Richard, calling into the hockey post-game show

I know what Rusy is popping off to

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Kelly and Herb Eaversmels

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Uhhhh Hugh Jasshoooooooole

and things of that nature

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

... from WHIS-wis-con-see-un!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

... from WHIS-wis-con-see-un!

A call from SUCK MY loving COCK NEW JERSEY.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Has Fred even said what he'll do after the show? What does he even do besides play in the Dad Rock band?

I recall him guest DJing on Deep Cuts and wasn't bad.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Fred has such a weird career outside of the show, like doing bit parts in Cruel Intentions and Law & Order SVU.

He was once hired to be a writer on a series that was the dumbest premise I've ever heard. It was a scripted show with wacky characters feuding with each other in the style of WWE, except they were monster truck drivers. I guess they would yell and threaten each other and then get in their trucks and run something over? Needless to say the show wasn't picked up.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Has Fred even said what he'll do after the show? What does he even do besides play in the Dad Rock band?

I recall him guest DJing on Deep Cuts and wasn't bad.

I think Fred has quietly put away enough money that he wont have to work when Howard finally hangs it up. His wife owned her own business of some kind in the early 2000s and Fred has talked about his house in the Hamptons and his Motorcycle collection so I think he has done pretty well. Didnt live extravagantly, probably invested well and milked the King Norris $$ for all it was worth between 95 and 2005.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Former Human posted:

Fred has such a weird career outside of the show, like doing bit parts in Cruel Intentions and Law & Order SVU.

He was once hired to be a writer on a series that was the dumbest premise I've ever heard. It was a scripted show with wacky characters feuding with each other in the style of WWE, except they were monster truck drivers. I guess they would yell and threaten each other and then get in their trucks and run something over? Needless to say the show wasn't picked up.

Monster Truck "matches" are predetermined just like WWE so it kinda makes sense.

edit: This was totally a cartoon in the 80s https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot_and_the_Muscle_Machines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvEe_AG7zOw

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 30, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
How have I never heard this bit before. Gilbert comes in right after Howard and Kinisen have a fight on the air and points out that they kept saying man, so it turns in to a game: https://youtu.be/cHVyFVK96tA?si=feJy9wUZz6qfEHOa

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 30, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Fred's been on the most successful radio show in world history for 45 years. I think he'll probably be okay when he retires at 75.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Two Kings posted:

Some of the Black on Black episodes were funnier than THSS has been the last ten years or so.

Sal's theme song, lmao

"BLACK ON BLAAAACK!!! Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiittttttt"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

euphronius posted:

Bonzo posted:

Oh c'mon. HPE hands down.

Bigfoot Jr. erasure itt

Bonzo posted:

Monster Truck "matches" are predetermined just like WWE so it kinda makes sense.

:aaaaa: I'm not saying that I think about monster trucks often, but it hadn't even occurred to me that the matches might be staged. Learn something new every day, I guess.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
OJ?

Daniel Carver?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I wouldn't include guests, so not OJ, but it totally has to be Daniel Carver.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lifespan posted:

How have I never heard this bit before. Gilbert comes in right after Howard and Kinisen have a fight on the air and points out that they kept saying man, so it turns in to a game: https://youtu.be/cHVyFVK96tA?si=feJy9wUZz6qfEHOa

lol I have not heard this in years.

Gilbert almost sounds like Artie.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Musculature

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

lol I have not heard this in years.

Gilbert almost sounds like Artie.

The only package I have that I have listened to more then once all the way through is the Gilbert pack... I just loving love Gilbert, this is only one of his amazing appearances.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

A green type of tube...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Gilbert was the best guest on the show and it's hosed up that they turned their back on him.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Lifespan posted:

Gilbert was the best guest on the show and it's hosed up that they turned their back on him.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Wait what? How did they turn their back on him?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Around the time of the infamous presentation where Howard told the staff that they needed to go hard after A listers, the show pretty much stopped having comedians unless they were big time, arena acts. That includes Gilbert, who stopped showing up on the show and made some comments that he had reached out to them repeatedly and gotten rejected. Some people thought it was because he had a number of appearances where he and Artie derailed the show, often with some racists riffs, but it was mainly because he wasn't a big enough star for the show anymore.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Around the time of the infamous presentation where Howard told the staff that they needed to go hard after A listers, the show pretty much stopped having comedians unless they were big time, arena acts. That includes Gilbert, who stopped showing up on the show and made some comments that he had reached out to them repeatedly and gotten rejected. Some people thought it was because he had a number of appearances where he and Artie derailed the show, often with some racists riffs, but it was mainly because he wasn't a big enough star for the show anymore.

And Gary had the balls to tell Gilbert "we don't book comedians anymore" and then they'd have loving Amy Schumer on.

But I don't think Gilbert was really bothered by it, certainly not the 1st rejection he's gotten. He never needed the show to be successful. Trust me, everyone knew who Gilbert was before they had even heard of Howard Stern.
I see Gilbert's podcast is still pumping out the reruns. They are great episodes but most of the guests are also dead by now.

Anyway, this may be one of my favorite Gilbert bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WDC_hu2Eqk

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I love that one because Howard says “caca doody poopy”

Who else’s first exposure to Gilbert was this MTV promo bit?
https://youtu.be/xPl7x9kQYPw?si=JMa3o7ZMFHhMdMHK

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

But I don't think Gilbert was really bothered by it, certainly not the 1st rejection he's gotten. He never needed the show to be successful. Trust me, everyone knew who Gilbert was before they had even heard of Howard Stern.

Oh yeah, I don't think it impacted his career in any way. He had his audience already and didn't seem like a guy that was trying to be anyone other than himself to widen his appeal. It was just super disrespectful after he contributed to so much to the show over the years and the established Howard audience absolutely wanted him back on the show.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Was Howard ever planning on writing Crazy Cabbie a note?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Dang. RIP Dickus!

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Zero point zero chance Howard acknowledges it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

GodspeedYou!Witchy posted:

KOAB was wittier and faster than Artie and benji. Crazy that he was like a street sweeper or something right?

One thing the internet and especially twitter proved was that average randos can come up with equal or better topical jokes than the professionals who work on the late night shows and other places.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lifespan posted:

lol, when the show was one of the biggest culturally relevant thing in the country they'd have guys like Gilbert, but now that the show is in the radio ghetto on satellite they'll only book A listers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

How old was Cabbie?

Saw this on that twitter link, never heard this before, any confirmation?

" Also Cabbie was supposedly there when Howard met Beth. "