Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

There's no way he booked this.

Gary is just on-air "talent" at this point. He hasn't been a producer (in terms of what his old role was) in years. Will is largely doing that work, and Jon Hein is in charge of pre-interview prep (a/k/a/ reading the guest's Wikipedia page and writing up questions for Howard to ask about it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I would assume Hein has mostly handed that down to whatever they are doing in place of interns now (minimum wage theater majors or whatever).

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Was Biden in studio?

Marc Maron talked about the behind the scenes stuff when he interviewed Obama and it seems largely the White House tells you they are coming and what to do while they are there. They take care of everything.

This is going to drive Trump crazy.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Was Biden in studio?

Marc Maron talked about the behind the scenes stuff when he interviewed Obama and it seems largely the White House tells you they are coming and what to do while they are there. They take care of everything.

I remember this, basically imagine talking to someone in your living room knowing that there are snipers on the roof of every house in line of sight

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wild. I'll have to listen to this later. Does he ride the sybian?

Bonzo posted:

Technically, Trump was on the show first. And he can honestly claim the viewership was higher.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

... that's it Joe, get the poison out.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Is Sal going to approach Joe Biden with “let’s go Brandon” painted on his cock and say “hey Mr. President, don’t you want a picture with me?”

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Now I wish Scott Depace was still on the show.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So do you still bang Jill a lot? Do you call her Dr. Biden in bed? You ever gotten a bj from one of those hot interns?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It definitely speaks volumes that he had a sitting president live on the show today and the response is that you have about 5 of us in this thread to acknowledge it and I think only a couple of the posters still listen?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Let the poison out Brandon

e. dammit!

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 26, 2024

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Squashy Nipples posted:

... that's it Joe, get the poison out.

Did he give Joe a chance to win a trip to the Bunny Ranch?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lifespan posted:

It definitely speaks volumes that he had a sitting president live on the show today and the response is that you have about 5 of us in this thread to acknowledge it and I think only a couple of the posters still listen?

I heard them mention it in passing on CNN and then I came to this thread and no one had posted since last night

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The NYTimes finally posted a story about it 4 minutes ago, at 4:02 PM EST.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I mean to be fair sitting presidents give interviews pretty often...maybe not so much this one, but its not usually a news item when it happens.
Howard still thinks Hilary would have won if she had come on his show, so he has had a bug up his rear end for almost 10 years now about getting a candidate on the show.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Presidents coming on casual talk shows as opposed to formal interviews with news outlets really only picked up steam with Obama (there were pundits that were furious he went on the Tonight Show for example). Conan had Biden on a few months ago, but it was limited to 30 mins and he actually went to the White House to do it. What was the format for Howard?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ralph Hurley posted:

Is Sal going to approach Joe Biden with “let’s go Brandon” painted on his cock and say “hey Mr. President, don’t you want a picture with me?”

then gets shot 10000000 times by secret service

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
And captures all the rounds in his pouch

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
In response to Biden saying he'll debate Trump, now Donald is double dog daring him to debate outside the courtroom tonight. What the gently caress is happening?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looks like both Howard and Biden were in studio today... and Howard wore a suit. It looks weird as gently caress. I wonder if they did it on a Friday to ensure they only had a skeleton crew for Secret Service to investigate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMsYVYVi9M4

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
What a loving odd display.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Two Kings posted:

Did he give Joe a chance to win a trip to the Bunny Ranch?

He gave him some Carson's Ribs.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Wonder if Biden listened to Stern on his morning train commute a few times 30 years ago

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Burden posted:

He gave him some Carson's Ribs.

Still not sure if that was a good or bad sponsorship. They kept trying to hand them out to people on the air as a consolation prize and would often times get a "no thanks."

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
“Jill Biden: shaved, or full bush?”

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

In response to Biden saying he'll debate Trump, now Donald is double dog daring him to debate outside the courtroom tonight. What the gently caress is happening?

Boomers are going super nova

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Sal and Richard wanted to get naked in the studio in front of the president. Richard was the only one of then to consent to a cavity search.

You know how this is going to work out. The righties are going to be all like "CAN YOU BELIEVE THE PRESIDENT IS SO DEPRAVED THAT HE WENT ON HOWARD STERN!?!?!."

At the debates: "you knew... what you were doing"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Y'all motherfuckers think that ol' Joey has moen faucets?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
"You were hanging out with that prick, Howard Stern?"

"Im assume u've been briefed" - the Secret Service

DeadBonesBrook fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 27, 2024

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How did this go completely under the radar everywhere until AFTER it happened? This one is just weird to not promote the hell out of it.

I only have SXM in my car and I may have listened to it if I knew it was happening.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I found out about the interview from a text from my mother in law. We are through the looking glass here people.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I just heard an NPR news story that the NYT are all pissed off because they never get interviews with Biden but he gave one to Stern right down the street and gave him some exclusive reveals. What an odd day.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Lifespan posted:

What an odd day.

week

Lifespan posted:

What an odd day.

month

Lifespan posted:

What an odd day.

year

Lifespan posted:

What an odd day.

decade

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

wesleywillis posted:

Y'all motherfuckers think that ol' Joey has moen faucets?

You beat me to it like I'd smack my beige computer when it wouldn't work.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Probably got one a them too!

I bet he walked around wif a backpack

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Astro7x posted:

How did this go completely under the radar everywhere until AFTER it happened? This one is just weird to not promote the hell out of it.

I only have SXM in my car and I may have listened to it if I knew it was happening.
Could be for security reasons. Especially with trumps trial going on in the same city

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

wesleywillis posted:

Could be for security reasons. Especially with trumps trial going on in the same city

Biden and Stern were actually in the studio?

edit: lol they were and stern dressed up in a suit. this is all very silly

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Did Beth randomly chime in and ask Joe questions too?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
We can only hope. I hope she also desperately mentioned how much she loves Howard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Corb3t posted:

Did Beth randomly chime in and ask Joe questions too?

Biden: "So you have a Melania too? Good for you."