Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Great post, OP.

I'd say Robin's been with the show closer to 30 years since 1981-82 in DC, and may also note that Will is not only the most normal, but also the most intelligent with an IQ of 130 beating Scott DePace's 122.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Sock The Great posted:

The iOS app doesn't have multitasking? That there is reason enough not to bother with an online sub.

The multitasking works fine on the iPad, does it not on the phone (it's the same app)?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Howard always says he wants to get off the air by 10, does it for a few days, and then goes back to leaving around 11. I would be very surprised if he sticks to getting off at 10.

Sirius could've easily offered Bubba an exclusive contract for like $5 million a year, he would've been happy and they'd have another actual radio performer exclusive to them. Instead, they give Oprah, Martha Stewart, Jamie Foxx, and Eminem huge contracts for poo poo product. I suspect that's what made Bubba turn down the syndication deal.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I love how everyone is down on Richard for having a side band.

Gary just said "so if you don't make any money, why do you do it?"

I'm glad Richard is standing up for himself.

Edit: I do love Sal's racist raps and logic.

musclecoder fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 5, 2011

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Wait they were giving Richard poo poo for having a band?

Was there a valid reason or jealousy that he has a passion other than being on the Greatest Radio Show of All Time

Pure jealousy. Howard even said "why don't you go make some phony calls while on your break?" It was pretty rage inducing. And this isn't ragging on one of Jackie's lovely CD's, Richard was a legitimate metal drummer for years. Dude has insane talent.

And Richard can play the intro to Hot For Teacher, he did it without much warmup either.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Wasco Jr. posted:

Seth Rogen is the Richard Christy of the movies

Hah, I was literally thinking the exact same thing on my way into work.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Really, howardstern.com sucks. The HTML behind it is horrible and in no way set up to be indexed well. The fact that unique URL's are hard to come by (notice clicking Show Rundown keeps you at howardstern.com) is bad too. Frames? In 2011. Really?

Like a lot of things un-related to his show or content he's directly responsible for producing, it's horrible.

Also, Wikipedia has more PageRank than god so that's why it ranks above howardstern.com (it shouldn't if howardstern.com was built well).

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Snark posted:

Howard totally used internet technology to it fullest when his website had an embedded clip from the show discussing Spread, the amazing new movie from Howard's Hamptons buddy Ashton Kutcher.

Or pictures from their last day at K-ROCK party. On the Deep Features rotator...

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Goddamn does that ever look like a programmer designed that.

Edit: Of course, I guess it's better than pulling carts.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

-Atom- posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jATfJLZjyM

This is honestly one of my favorite bits of all time. I could listen to the entire thing on repeat for hours without getting bored.

It honestly just shows you that A. Howard can rip on you for anything and B. Gary is a dumb person.

Regarding B, if he would just shutup about it, Howard would stop.

Edit: That's probably true of every Gary/Howard fight too.

musclecoder fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 9, 2011

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Sock The Great posted:

Where does one even get a cat kidney?

I'm willing to bet Charlie Kelly would know.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

How on earth does Robin not see that Howard goofing on this Braco guy is really goofing on her? She can't be that dense.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

They really are technically incompetent. I typed "new york post" in the App Store on my iPad and the regular app came up as the first result. Couldn't be easier.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Former Human posted:

I don't know how Fred does it. I timed it: On Tuesday when Howard mentioned he tried green drink at a restaurant but put vodka in it, Fred hit the "vodka straight up thank yooouuuu" clip 2.4 seconds later.

I always imagine Fred's system at Sirius like typing a Google search where it does the type-ahead find. So he can start typing "vodk" and it'd show all clips with that in it's title/description/meta-data and then he can just click and play one.

What's more impressive is when this wasn't on the Prophet system and he was using carts. One time Howard even tested him by making up some story about walking through dark woods and Fred was right there with sound effects.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

I have to give Eric credit for having the foresight to write all these e-mails and make all these videos in advance of his passing.

Did anyone else read that and insert pauses at random places? I did. "worthles....rear end....site"

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Wait, Bubba is not talking to Janey Cakes anymore and is talking to Doug Clem? I haven't listened to the show for a while, anyone know whats up (until we start a new Bubba thread...)

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

Howard is apparently doing several late night shows in the next few weeks. Anyone think this is contractually obligated?

Pretty sure he said it was.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

Ah. I haven't been able to listen much in the past couple weeks. I figured he wouldn't come right out and say it.

Yeah, along the lines of "yeah with my new contract they want me to go out and promote the mobile app."

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

burmart posted:

Am I the only one that wonders if Howard was paid off to rave about the song "Big Big Bang?" Something just didn't seem right about him loving the song.

He talked about that today, that everyone always accuses him of being paid off to talk about things.

Why do you think it's odd he likes that long? He likes tons of other poo poo (like lovely TV and some top 40's stuff).

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

God the Lil Lupe stuff was painful to listen to. Absolutely painful.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Manwithastick posted:

Would people listen to a full length Richard and Sal led show? Just doing werid poo poo, prank calls and jack and rod stuff

I would listen the hell to that!

I'd listen to a show where they just let Sal go. Give us all of his opinions on women, marriages, blacks, Jews, masturbating at work, sniffing 16 year old used panties, masturbating to his aunt taking a poo poo, and every other hosed up thing that Sal thinks about.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

Oh god I remember this! Do we have a this clip handy?

Yup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGMUtmELFPQ

And eventual apology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gEvAavioWo

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

I really want KOAB to drive his street sweeper off a cliff. It's disgusting that he's possibly making $5k in two weeks plowing snow and sweeping streets. He's everything thats wrong with state employees.

Have we ever found out what his dad did to get enough money to support King for life?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

therapy posted:

Beth is pushing 40 now, and as you get to that age your risk of birth defects during pregnancy skyrockets, especially stuff like Down Syndrome. A friend of mine said the best thing that could happen to the show is for Beth to get pregnant with a Down's baby and Howard has to raise it for the next 18 years.

More like raise until Howard dies, unless it's a kid like Gary the Retard who can somehow live on his own. Wendie still lives with her mother. Although calling his kid on the air would be funny:

"Has Dick Cheney ever raped you?"
"Yes"
"Are your pants full of poo poo right now?"
"Yes"
"Are you a retahd?"
"Yes"

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

liz con queso posted:

Man, you people are difficult to impress. It's not like I'm in side-splitting laughter the entire time I'm listening to the show, but it definitely makes me smile and brings my mood up every time I get in the car. I am super grateful he extended the contract another 5 years, because I was sorta/kinda getting into panic mode thinking about having no Howard in the morning.

Also, I don't have any issues with Jon Hein at all. Benjy is the one that gives me douche chills like nothing else on this goddamned Earth.

I'm the same way. I bet everyone in this thread listens to all 4 hours of the show every day, and we're goons and Stern fans, so we complain because we love.

It will be weird when he's off the air for good.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

My Twitter account is @leftnode but it's mainly about software :)

I'll be interested to see what Howard thinks on Monday about using Twitter. It definitely fits him better than Facebook.

He gets it because it's just a place to write down your inane thoughts, post pictures, etc.

I think someone registered @HowardStern a long time ago specifically so they could be the person to give him the name if he ever got on. If you search for "howard stern" on Twitter, there's a bunch of accounts like "theRealHoward" and "howardThe_Real" and what not. Each of their About Me section is like "contact me@address.com if you're really Howard and want to claim this account."

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Fergie's whole rear end in a top hat is hanging out of her skirt during the halftime show. The 3 black guys just got done loving her too.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Oh god Piers Morgan is insufferable.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Skitz posted:

Anybody else having problems with the wacky new online player?

Wow, well they finally moved to a Flash player, but good god does it suck. What an absolutely horrible interface.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I like the Computer That Sits in the Artie Chair.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I maintain the best thing Howard ever did for his career was to bring in those tapes of his dad yelling at him as a kid. Gave credibility to everything else he said since about his messed up childhood.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

That is depressing. I remember watching him on Married with Children as a kid.

He was originally supposed to play Al Bundy too, I believe.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Vakal posted:

I know that most of the companies that advertise on radio commercials are shady at best, but those ones for Regus stand out to me.

The best I can tell, they rent out a floor in an upscale office building, fix up a bunch of offices, and timeshare them out to people who don't need a 24/7 office.

On the surface this seems like a decent idea, but when you think about it, would you really want to do business with someone who has to call ahead to make sure an office is available to them before they can meet with you? And then they have to sneak in quick before you get there and place family photos on the desk and diplomas on the wall so it looks like it belongs to them.

It just seems like it is setup to cater to fly-by-night operators who need to make quick getaways.

Like others have said, they're not. It's a fairly large company with lots of office space.

The ones for Numis, Beezid (or any of the penny-auctions) are the scummiest.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

I love this stuff.

They saw him coming from a mile away. That salesperson made their commission early and called it a day. 5 grand? Hahah.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Ribsauce posted:

That parrot lady was so bad I actually turned it off for a few minutes. Thank god I turned it back on before Rickyman called in. I almost pissed myself laughing. T-O-P-L-E-S-S makes me laugh every loving time ever. I only wish they could have dropped in "Scoresman, got a tattoo"

Anytime Howard goofs on Ronnie it's great. I was let down with the strip club clips this morning, especially with how long he delayed playing them. Giving Ronnie poo poo for being a 70 year old guy at a strip club acting like that is a highlight for me.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

I usually find the same to be true for David Bowie. I like the guy, but when I can hear his stuff on 6 different channels at any given time, something is wrong.

Rebel Rebel.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Yeah, Danny DeVito hasn't been in anything recent and no young people know about him.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

What is this conversation about doing commercials? It's bad when Jay Leno does it, but not when Howard spends half the day doing live reads.

While I see your point, I think Howard would say that commercials are part of how he makes his living (at least, it was during terrestrial days, not as much now obviously) but Jay did a commercial for no other reason to do a commercial. Or something.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Goddamn did they ever gently caress up the redesign of RadioIO.com. Wordpress? Are you kidding me!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Djarum posted:

In the last SEC filing Sirius said they earned about $65,000 from commercials. Either there is something wrong with that or their ad rates are so low it is not worth having them. We should make a fake company website and order a commercial on Sirius. Make it so wacky of a product and commercials that we make a mockery of it.

That's 65,000 x 1000. At least, according to their quarterly report for July 1st - September 30th, they made $12.418 million dollars from advertising revenue.

http://investor.sirius.com/common/download/sec.cfm?companyid=SIRI&fid=950123-09-58553&cik=908937

So I imagine they made $65 million in advertising revenue, not $65,000.