Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
"Chrome and Foxfire." -Robin Quivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Has anyone ever determined what KOAB's dad did to get a lot of money? Did he run a successful business?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

He's a sanitation worker which in some places isn't a bad living at all. His dad also apparently gives him money all the time.

I know he makes good money as a sanitation worker, but he makes it sound like his dad is fairly wealthy. Does anyone know how he earned his wealth?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

AltronHGX posted:

I want him to go to jail for this.

With the months of prep work, that may be the best prank call ever.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm glad Howard got rid of the guy with the infectious laugh quickly, but what in the gently caress were they thinking to have him on in the first place?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

That conversation was maddening. It really made me upset with them spouting all of that non-scientific bullshit. Then an actual nuclear scientist came on to dispute them and no one in the studio gave him the time of day.

I expect this craziness from Robin, but from Howard too...it really put me in a foul mood.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

"You can't get it fixed 'cause they went out of business!"

Thats such an amazing line, KOAB.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

This should get interesting: http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/22/howard-stern-lawsuit-sirius-xm-radio-stock-performanced-based/

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

If anyone is actually interested in reading the actual lawsuit its here

http://www.scribd.com/doc/51320553/Stern-v-SiriusComplaint

So essentially Sirius' contract says that if there are X number of subscribers regardless of where they came from, he gets his bonus? Wow.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Howard is saying to this Stussy guy everything he wants to say to his daughters.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

-Atom- posted:

What gives you this impression? I'm sort of out of the loop on what his daughters do.

Specifically the one that was naked in that play a few years ago.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

I think his name is Ira the Weatherman. I know nothing about him.

As far as I know, he's a made up character like Ned on Bubba, but I have no idea who plays his voice.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

What the gently caress is Howard's problem with movies about someone being falsely accused?

Gotta admit, I'm the same way. I'll watch a movie where that happens of course, but it makes me tense.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Did some Goon's email just get read regarding the "furtography"?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

qbert posted:

Does anyone else get annoyed when Howard asks guests how much money they make? This is a go-to question in literally every interview. This coming from a guy who adamantly refuses to discuss his own finances, ever?

Why doesn't a guest ever throw the question right back at him?

Because sometimes they answer honestly and it's interesting. Case in point, Bradley Cooper saying how much he made for his latest movie. Just like Stuttering John, I love finding out how much someone makes.

Probably because guests are intimidated or they know he won't answer.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Here's the EXIF information for Howard's Robin picture. Nothing really identifying. He used Camera+ though.

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpics.campl.us%2Ff%2Fe%2Feb21deb2aae656d8ef2c232574d8815c.jpg

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Is there such a thing as a 30-pack of beer?

Apparently so - http://taxfreeliquors.com/?pg=beer

Sams and Costco also sell them, I believe.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

The new official Sirius.com online player is perhaps the single worst Flash media player I've ever used. No exaggeration.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

SpeedyCow posted:

Jesse Ventura was a governor in the United States. Now he says we control the weather from a station in Alaska and we put fluoride in our tap water because it is the main ingredient of Prozac and the Nazis did it.

It sucks that Jim Norton is the only with enough balls to question the poo poo coming out of his mouth.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Awwww...
I think there are 3 or 4 of us :)

While we are on the subject tho. It really seems The BTLS ship is starting to go down. The radioIO stuff is a complete mess, they have staff quitting and are trying to run a new venture that is entirely dependent on having a qualified IT security team. They tried to do this on the cheap and its coming back to haunt them.

I know I have personally sent Spice and Brent emails explaining how because they use Icecast the paid services will never be secured and anyone who has the streaming link can play it.
Kinda bums me out because they all seem like good dudes who just want to put on a good radio show.

Yeah, I'm a fan but it's hard to listen to RadioIO. Tons of ads that are the scammiest of the scams.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I would love to watch Sal work as a writer on a black television show.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Aren't many of those writers white anyway?

From the Greg Fitzsimmons interview today, there was him and Hugh Fink and then 12 black writers for some Jamie Foxx show. If Greg managed to offend them, I can only imagine what Sal would've done.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

http://twitpic.com/4kr3y6/full

Hand sanitizer, front and center. Courteney Cox really is stunningly beautiful. It's neat seeing behind Howard's console.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

Holy poo poo, he did a live read during his interview with Courtney. What a class act.

I gotta defend Howard on those live reads. He probably has to read them at a specific time, and I'd much rather him just take 30 seconds to read it rather than taking a whole commercial break.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Dr. Keith Ablow was shown in a clip on The Daily Show last night regarding the J. Crew ad with the young boy's toe nails painted pink. I'm pretty sure his name was cited along with Glenn Beck and he was just saying some real stupid poo poo.

He recently jumped aboard the Glenn Beck train and co-wrote some stupid book with him.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm looking forward to a full week of busting on Robin for her trip to Peru. She's now elevated to a 36 from a 34.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

burmart posted:

Yes, Howard. Louis CK and Ricky Gervais are not nearly as funny as Chris Rock.

How much do you want to bed that Howard has never seen a Louis CK standup or heard of anything that Gervais has done?

Frankly, I think Louis CK is the best standup out there right now. Much better than Chris Rock at this point.

I completely agree, and hasn't Louis written for both Chris Rock and Ricky Gervais? To me he's easily the freshest and funniest stand up out there.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Peter North posted:

Robin Quivers talking about going to Peru, tripping on DMT and Ayahuasca. gently caress that's hilarious ahahaahahaha

God yes, and it's going to be months of ballbusting.

Today's show was awesome.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Ohh god, the 34 gets thrown around a lot but jesus, "well people go and buy it and take it but I drank it in tea" :rolleyes:

The part where she was talking about the visions made her question why she has to make anyone else in her life happy screamed a friggin 36.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

godzirraRAWR posted:

Did gilbert talk about the Aflac stuff at all?

Pretty extensively (for Gilbert) which is what made it interesting, he actually gave honest answers to Howard's questions.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

I actually was interested in both Kim Cattral and Kara DioGuardi. I couldn't care less about Beth, though.

Same here, well at least with Kara. Really highlights how great of an interviewer Howard is. Got all sorts of things out about her life as a songwriter which is pretty interesting.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

They're just trying to compete with the Bubba's RadioIO empire. Hahahahaha

They'd have to make everything even shittier than it already is and much much slower. God radioio.com is pure poo poo. Who builds their entire *radio* business on top of Wordpress?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

This is starting to remind me of that old South Park episode where that holistic healer shows up (I think Cheech and Chong do the voices) and they start selling all this bullshit to cure people. Then one of the kids gets really sick and Cheech is like "no this kid is really sick, he needs a doctor!"

Seriously, rubbing her with cookies and candy and blowing on her head and feet?

"Doctors are only good for emergencies." -ROQ

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Nick "stop calling me racist when I say racist things" DiPaolo

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Streebs posted:

Every day before the news they play a Robin parody song then Robin starts talking and Fred interrupts her with the Guatemala music and now the new music (with the volume turned way up) and completely cuts her off. Every single day. I laugh my rear end off every time because it's such a dick move.

And you just know it pisses her off so loving much.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Kelly posted:

Is the show live today? Nick DiPaolo is in studio right now - is this from yesterday?

Edit: Nevermind - the show is just starting 20 minutes late, according to the online stream at least!

Okay, it looks like the online stream is not working. Anyone else having problems? It picks up on yesterday's replay, when Hanzi is on the phone. It cuts out to the John the Stutter song that was in today's intro, then it cuts out with the "Data stream has been lost" message. When it picks back up, it is at the exact same spot - when Hanzi is yelling at Nick DiPaolo. This has happened four or five times in a row.

Yup this happened to me as well. I'll chalk it up to the channel updates, but still, was very annoying. I had to switch to the online player which is literally the worst interface I've ever used on a computer. Ever.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

an adult beverage posted:

I didn't listen to that yet, but a lot of times people will misrepresent their IQ. Usually the only valid IQ test you have to pay money for and be administered by a clinical psychologist. Any other "IQ Test" such as online or elsewhere is usually bullshit.

They did pay money to have the tests professionally administered, something like $500 a test.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

She should be gunning for Judge Judy as she has better ratings than Oprah at this point. But yeah, this will be a disaster if she does it.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Can anyone else not login to the official Sirius Internet player (either iPad or the web browser one?) It keeps saying bad username/password, but I can log into the My Account section just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

It's gotta be the people they have working on it. I mean, look at Pandora, Grooveshark, Slacker, rdio, etc. They all seem to get it right. They probably have a handful of people working on it making peanuts compared to what they should be making and thus they churn out poo poo like this:

http://i.imgur.com/4eaEG.png

Edit: Oh god this is painful. I logged in, changed my password, no dice. Click "Make a Payment" to make sure I am paid in full (I should be, it auto-deducts), and it logs me out. God what a piece of trash system. Just absolutely dreadful.