Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Depressing, yeah. It's very strange to see the show winding down in slow motion.

Sirius has always been a lovely company and I'll enjoy watching them shrivel up when Howard leaves. I cancelled my subscription about a year ago but I'd gladly pay for the show again in a podcast format or some other service that isn't complete poo poo. I honestly don't know why anyone has satellite for anything other than the HSS. It costs twice as much as Netflix and the content is all garbage.

Here's a great clip- gilbert sitting in on the news around 2000. The Michael Jackson goofing gets me every time. There's also this one moment at 1:02:17 where Gilbert is obviously passed a note because he starts laughing out of nowhere - right before they launch in to making fun of Kelsey Grammer's wife's irritable bowel syndrome and playing fart drops for 5 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l7vJxDOEps&t=3013s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I'm considering changing my custom text, because my current one is a bad Dexter joke mixed with a good Community one. There are no other good options other than something Stern-related. My current options are:

1) Is this how you get your lust... jollies?
2) Can I tell you my favourite Matt Dillon story, REAL briefly? (poo poo, this was all set up with my word predictions, wow)
3) Lowest Common Deniner.
4) (the Webster Tarpley thing from further down the Rabbit Hole)

If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know.

Low.. self.. estital.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRTixHFEnOM

:allears:

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I want you to go to jail for this. And I would be happy to uh, work on that.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I watched Escape from the Planet of the Apes recently, and there's a scene in a zoo that has a lot random zoo animal noises. I recognized the exact double elephant trumpet that Fred uses when they're discussing someone's weight. This is interesting to zero point zero people I know irl.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

A Donald Trump call in to the Stern show could be relevant to the 2016 election. God help us all

A good post.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Happy mothers day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QGenMI-2ow

The station did a terrible thing...

This is so great. I remember listening to this at work with my stern fan buddy, wearing headphones in a quiet office. We were both turning red and practically crying.

Mexican Radio fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 13, 2016

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I'm.. I'm in the bathroom right now.. Where I.. Where I take a poo poo

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Uh, what was your third item puhleease..

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
The embedded thing that Wolfie did with Wendy recently was fascinating. What a life.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Stumbled on a good random talk clip from the beginning of Sirius that I don't remember. The gang rips on Sal and Richard for their repetitive bits and then a discussion of whether Ralph is a good caller featuring a clip of Jan Hein screaming obscenities at Ralph on the WUP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uw8yg4G6Hc

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
My favorite ETM moment is the press conference he gave over the internet during one of his breaks from the show. There's a computer fan hum sound in that background that goes between a low and higher frequency. It's sublime and I don't know why.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Had to buy a new faucet for the kitchen today. You know I bought a MOWEN FAWCET.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
You know, until recently brars were a practo type thing

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
https://mobile.twitter.com/alt_uscis/status/986256163011428357

Air f-orce am-y

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I'm eggSTREMEly dumvoundeded

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Hi. This is Sal Goobernally.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I WANNA KNOW WHAT FRED IS

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Jared did a terrible thing. He put us in a rocket and shot us to Krypton and we're here living under the tyranny of the red sun.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Had he been on recently? Or was he "around"?

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I've only been to one bar that did buybacks, a divey corner bar in south Philly. After your second beer the bartender would put a poker chip by your beer and it basically means "next one's on the house".

I'd never expect that at a place in midtown Manhattan, though.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Yes this Gabe Athouse

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

wesleywillis posted:

I'm going to start an email campaign.

"The best of Richard and his dad/parents".

The interview that howard did with Richard's parents, and all the phone messages, and discussions around the phone messages. Plus Maybe some Richard in there talking about memories of the farm/roadkill cooking or whatever.

You should search for voicemails from richard christy's father on a popular video sharing website.

I never get tired of this clip pack. You could say its my faaaavorite.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Snorting coke before a drug test is the same behavior as gambling $1000 that he didn't have on a lacrosse game. He's gotta be in danger or he's not happy. He needs to be incarcerated or he's gonna die.. and soon.

I want him to go to jail for this. And I would be happy to uh, work on that.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
We're dark, boff.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
man how much do you think Sal spent on that? at least a couple grahhhhnd.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

Bonzo posted:

Brent and his ex-wife (Amanda) were into swinging so that's doesn't shock me. Someone posted pictures of her on Reddit and she's not horrible but definitely a Florida 7. She's the kind girl that looks great in a bar.

Now boff, these aren’t my favorite girls, they’re just girls that look great in a bar.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
and how bout the poo poo show?

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a_P-2KadbA

This was pretty fascinating to see. I love those Jackie/John drunk Bayville stories.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Eric, with that kind of affliction, do you have any idea how much of an rear end in a top hat you have to be to get people to not like you?

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Better get Jeff Schick on the phone.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
everything bahthas you

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Look mister, I’m not selling nothing. Let me take my glasses off here.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Depace is a disgusting person and I was glad he lost his job.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
ETM transcended the wack pack.

Paul Winchell is one with dice Gilbert drops where the guy kinda plays along until he mishears a drop as Gilbert confessing to having sex with kids and he calls him a loving rear end in a top hat and hangs up.

The Gilbert news segment that’s the source of most of those drops is one his best Sirius appearances. I love that awful Lennon impression: “I want to gently caress your big droopy yellow tits”.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
OUTTA HERE

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
A bleezy ara don
Amogay wo
Uhmoogy wo gaywu

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Richard is a national treasure.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

Bonzo posted:

I have a thumbdrive somewhere with a bunch of MP3s of the show I've gotten from here and there.

There's a segment with Gilbert and (maybe it was during the news?) they were talking about Kelsey Grammer's wife having IBS. For half an hour its just Fred playing farting and making GBS threads sounds while Gilbert, Howard and Jackie just riff.

Is this the same show where earlier in the news they goof on Michael Jackson and "gabba goo" and accidentally getting a light bulb stuck in your rectal passage? The IBS thing starts because Kelsey Grammer is mentioned and you can hear Gilbert start laughing out of nowhere like he's been passed a note and then they launch in to it. I think Kelsey Grammer/IBS/fart sounds was a recurring news bit.

I've listened to that show an embarrassing number of times.

edit: it's the beginning of part 8 of the todd packer gilbert clip pack, if you've got it

Mexican Radio fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
the important thing here that we can learn is