Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Celery Face posted:

There's actually a video of his show when that happened and man, he's trying so hard not to fly into a rage. It's hilarious. I didn't know it was impossible to be worse at comebacks than Riley but Jonah Falcon just did it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ib5tLRU9M
(He dyed his hair blond because he thought it would get him more acting work)

Some of my favourite prank calls are the ones with Russell, the old man who sounds like he's about to fall asleep. Artie dying laughing makes it even better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWeG5Pn_SFM

"Is this, this how you get your lust...jollies off?"

Howard's impression of the jollies guy is perfect.

Also, holy poo poo, Jonah looks like so much more of a douche than he ever has before.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I was at my in-laws this weekend, and my wife was looking through her old high school agenda. This was a collage she made for the cover.

http://i.imgur.com/YxwaN2M.jpg

It really should be Howard's band's name.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

That whole inform them thing ONLY applies to prank calls that are live on-air. It really isn't worth the effort to do that. What most do, like Richard and Sal, is make the call and then call back later and explain it was a prank and to get permission.

I would love to hear them explain and try to get permission.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm finally going through all of the ETM clips on youtube. He's just about to be in American Dreams. I have no idea how this is going to play out, since I know nothing of it, but I sort of assume that he doesn't get it, or doesn't go, or screws it up. I know that he was in some shows, but I think that all came later? Anyway, looking forward to the whole thing.

Also, genuinely laughed out loud at:

Howard: And make sure his name is above the title!
Artie: That's the first time he's been above anything.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I'd pay a pretty penny to hear the ones they don't get permission to use

I wanna hear the clip of the school principal that flipped out at who he thought was Richard.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Not if his head explodes during the episode. Then you just get a decent five-season run.

The whole thing about Eric's head exploding was epic.

Is that Fringe?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I like Baba Booey. He's great. Wouldn't be the same show without him.

However, it drives me loving nuts when he gets cut off by studio banter, and every time he tries to say what he wants to say, not only does he start saying the EXACT same thing, but he's always starting it with a quick question.

"Do you wanna know something funny about that?"
"Did you know about this?"
"Do you know what I find interesting?"
"Can I tell you something?"
"Can I tell you the other thing that really upsets me about Eric?"

JUST GET TO THE POINT. It's sort of like when he and Howard were talking about the website What Would Tyler Durden Do. Howard gave him poo poo for asking "Do you know who Tyler Durden is?" and not just telling him. I didn't really get Howard's rage then, but I do now. After around 30 years of that sort of thing, I'd be annoyed by it, too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

"NOBODY'S ever heard of the song 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen..." - Howard Stern, King of all Media

When the hell did he say this?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Finally got to the origin of flying ETM with balloons.

:stare: It's finally happening.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh man, Artie's Johnny Fratto impression is amazing.

I'll tell ya a quick story bout Adrian Greneeeeer, and Jerry Piven!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I like it when someone will say something 'offensive', and you hear Fred going 'Whoa.....' from the background.

Also, the buzzer as ETM is great. Especially when it's the buzzer vs Howard's impression.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I wonder if she's got that super loud dance music that she blares on her phone?

EDIT: Also, what's with the Dr. Who theme playing when ETM is on? I'm only on part 6 of the 12-part Todd Packer anthology, so I don't know if this stops in the future.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 12, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I continually am in awe at just how horrible ETM is. Jesus christ :psyduck:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I wouldn't want to listen to the show if people like Hanzi, Eric the Midget, Benjy, or Baba Booey weren't constantly a part of it, good or bad. The bad just turns around to be good.

Boring is truly bad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I must know more about these Xbox Live reads.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

No, I listened to the audio on TMZ (because I hate myself) and it seemed totally fake. Benjy basically reacted to a finger in his rear end the same way he reacted to someone mentioning Detlev Bronk.

What was the whole thing with Detlev, anyway? In my listening to clips from youtube, I've only caught a bit of Benjy freaking out over the mention of a celebrity with the same last name as him. Did he ever explain what the big deal is?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is he meta or something? I mean, is everything he does a bit? I think a goon explained that to me earlier in the thread; he's just constantly pulling something for the show. Just not in a good way. With Sal, you can, at any point, test his knowledge in ANYTHING, and then have him misuse a word when he tries to explain himself. With Richard, you just need to ask 'Hey, Richard, what gross thing did you do this weekend?' and you've got a 45 minute (usually interesting, sometimes hilarious) discussion.

With Benjy, no one cares, so it's like he's trying to make people care. Doesn't work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'll have to break from my JD sound pack to listen to the Vinnie tape on Monday. I swear, one of the best things about my job is the ability to listen to whatever I want during the day. Last week, I finished up the ETM pack, and I wish there was more, as it stopped before the end of 2009. Does anyone know if Todd plans to make another one?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Man, when Howard and Artie start 'singing' along to JD's techno song; these sound packs are amazing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've only tried a little bit, but the reasons I can't jump in to O&A is that there's no Sal, Richard, Gary, Fred, Robin, Ralph, JD, Eric (high-pitched or low-standing), or any of the rest of the wack pack.

Also, Anthony sounds like a genuinely horrible person. Howard complains and complains, and might be annoying to hang out with, but I feel like it would be worlds better than spending time with a racist, gun-obsessed rear end in a top hat.

Plus, I doubt they'd want to hear my favourite Matt Dillon story, real briefly.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm sad that I can't find a "Shut the gently caress Up/Can't Hurry Love" ETM song anywhere on Youtube. What the hell?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

It got trashed pretty hard in here, but I actually enjoyed MahMahMonkey's book.

What would you rate it, eight... noine out of ten?

OOOOOoooooooh.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

As someone who doesn't love Bruce Campbell, I can understand... uhh... not loving him. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but it's like he's the poster-guy for 'intentional campiness', and that I do hate.

gently caress Sharknado.

Also Cabin in the Woods. Bleh.

EDIT: gently caress Benjy, as well. Almost forgot.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 10, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

God I hate how MarksFriggin writes.

Ok, what/who is MarksFriggin? Is it just some autist who constantly blogs about the show?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Does anyone know or have a clip from when they started saying 'eh eh eh' instead of Sirius? I've never heard the origin of this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

If there is one thing I'm happy to flip flop on, it's which Gay KC song is the best. Cause they all are.

Gay KC, KC's a homo, Gay KC (anyone know which song that is? I can sing it, but drat if I can remember it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZyGoIk_AXY
One of the better reasons for Cabbie existing

What song are you referring to, the one in the video? If so, 'Yesterday' by The Beatles. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Sadly Richard lost his love and respect for Howard, so he no longer tries to please him and just sends his time trying to urinate with his good buddy Sal.

When did this happen? Was there some sort of falling out between Howard and Richard?

Man, while I love going through the golden years of the show, it really bums me out how it's just not the same anymore. I'm glad I still have a bunch of stuff to catch up with, though that's running out.

And I could listen to that 4-hour long Tradio/Prank call compilation every drat day of the week.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Richard, I just want to say... 143.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Tonight Jay welcomes Pameler Anderson, Niggerless Cage and Larry Shandling!

Don't forget Adreeen Greneeeeer, the little fucker.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I find it weird that even though he only uploaded them to YouTube last March or so, his ETM clips only go until about 2008-2009.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh my god, Steve, I'm really busy, can I call you right back?

Best Sour Shoes moment, by far. The whole loving thing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Speaking about catholic school, I've noticed that anyone I talk to who has gone through it pronounces their H's like "hayche". At least in Eastern Canada. Anyone else notice this?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Baba booey's on Hollywood Game Night. Is this a repeat? I don't watch the show much.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

If I had to guess, Howard told his Man of the Year story for the 1000th time.

What story is this?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Got a silly question, what's the name of the song that starts off with one guitar note, which I believe is a harmonic? I ask here, because it's one of the tracks used in the Mike Walker fart clip.

Mike Walker farts - Artie laughs hysterically: http://youtu.be/LmlCg783HNY

I don't have a timestamp, I'm using my phone and can't listen right now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My wife doesn't think Evil Dave sounds at all like Dave Letterman. :psyduck:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, JD, what did you think of the MTV awards?

Iaaauuuuno, whatever, I guess. WHOOP.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimBreuer/status/504250880431247360

RIP Jim Breuer's dad.

I've said it before, but listening to him on the HSS has given me a huge amount of respect for the guy. Before that, I just knew him as that SNL cast member who barely did anything afterwards. Man, was I wrong, though I hope he catches a huge break. Dude deserves it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Smeep posted:

How cynical am I that the first thing I thought was that he probably demanded he be allowed to deliver the eulogy or else he wouldn't attend.

I wonder what he thought of the seating arrangements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Howard Stern Show Megathread: "Can I tell you my favorite HS bit, real briefly?"