Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Millstone posted:

Gary responds to "Howard has become a left wing shill. I remember when he used to be a true independent going after both sides." with: "That's an opinion" on twitter

uhhh.... clearly that guy missed Howard's Tea Party-esque rants on taxes?

Anyway, The Jokeman performed at my college's Spring Fling back in 95. I've said this before, but here goes: his material is recycled poo poo, but the man knows how to work a room.

Then, again, 1 thousand drunken, screaming frat boys isn't that discerning of an audience. What got the biggest laughs were the racist jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Shes Not Impressed posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBOoIUj1Nic

Mr Blu...Mr. Blutarsky...

"NOBODY likes you, little man! ahahahahahhah"

Oh god, I miss Artie.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I actually found the Jockey interview interesting. The guys were forthcoming, and the one dude was surprisingly articulate.

Also, his share of the million-dollar Preakness purse? $40,000 before taxes. Ouch.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

musclecoder posted:

Pretty sure that was the joke...he's obviously not half-Jewish. Especially the other half being Italian.

Right, sort of like how any Yiddish phrases he uses are 'Italian'. It always cracks me up when he tells someone that, and they seem to believe it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Speak for yourself. I'm very good at working the vagina with my hands. My mouth, less so, but at least I know my way around the girl parts.

But yeah, it seems clear to me that Howard is bad at foreplay... and yet a few women over the years have claimed that he is a good lover? Who knows.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I've missed Evil Dave.

Me too. There was such a great energy in the room, too.

dyn posted:

I can understand the Beatles, Van Halen and Police songs going undetected, but the cough in Wish You Were Here is so incredibly obvious. I picked that up the first time I heard the song.

I feel the exact same way... I've heard that song a thousand times and never noticed the cough. I'll never be able to unhear any of those clips they played.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

AltronHGX posted:

Holy poo poo, going that gray at 43?

I'm nearly that grey at 37. It's one of the reasons that I started shaving my head.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mike Tahoe posted:

Howard101 currently has two feeds playing simultaneously.

That happened one Saturday when I was listening to replays of the week on 101. Basically, they started the show back up at the same time they ran the commercials, so they ran at the same time. This was during the wrap up show.

No one fixed the problem, the commercials ran until they ended, and then we were back to just the wrap up show. I'm guessing that no one was listening.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, the mid-summer and late-December breaks are always two weeks long.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, for a change.

I really hope that Stern manages to keep his schadenfreude under wraps... if he starts treating Artie like he has Stuttering John, then that will be the final nail in the coffin for me listening to his show.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Wow, listening to the analysis of the 9/11 show... getting some flashbacks. Pretty intense at times.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I was in Boston on 9/11, so it didn't feel quite as immediate as being in Manhattan, but I lost several colleagues that day. Also, my best friend at the time had just finished working a contract gig in one of the towers... he had been working there every day, just two weeks prior.

The 9/11 show was great, but the really important show to me was 9/12. I set my alarm for 5:55 so I could hear it from the beginning. Hearing the Sam Kinison bark, followed by 'American Nightmare' kicking in, was so totally relieving. A shred of normalcy.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

And telling KC to go put on a dress.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

What else do you need?

An original idea?

Gaga is getting close to the end of Madonna's playbook.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Was there any mention of Penny Crone leaving back when she got canned?

Yes, it was brief, but not much of a secret. Wasn't just Penny, there was another guy who did the early rundown on the show instead of Lisa G. He was a terrible fit for the show, though.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

burmart posted:

I was worried that no one would remember the Fred/Carol Alt feud.

Was just featured on the rerun of THOHS.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I was pissed yesterday at the break programming, I didn't really want to hear from a bunch of corpses.

And then they played the last Rodney interview... one of my favorite Stern interviews ever. Gets dark at times, but Rodney is just in the mood to share.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Let's use the rest of the vacation to talk about our favorite bits and interviews since Howard re-signed. I'll start:

Ok now you go

There was something Fred was doing that was kind of funny... can't think of what it was, though.

(I'm being dead serious, here)

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Wolfie just keeps it all in and lets the loonies talk. I'll never get tired of hearing nerds in masks stumble over questions and jobs and girls. It's amazing. I tried doing stuff like that at a few conventions, it is REALLY hard to do. You have to be nice or they just don't talk with you.

Yeah, the hard part is making it look easy.

I tried doing similar interviews back in business school, interviewing undergrads (I went to school where there was a massive gulf between grad and undergrad, almost like it was two different schools). You have to get the mix of nice and straight-faced reporterman just right, so that they will still talk to you once they realize what you are doing. Shuli was openly mocking his subjects, and that doesn't really work.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

burmart posted:

Man, I am really excited to hear Howard yelling about this super 8 business on Monday.

Of course, he'll probably ignore it because that's what he does with interesting things.

HEY! That's only what the NEW Howard does... Old Howard would have enjoyed the shitstorm.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I've heard Howard use the expression "The High Sign" for many years, usually "I see that Gary is giving me the High Sign."

What the gently caress does it look like?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

What a let down... He finds the most uninteresting way to deny things.

At least he talks about it relatively soon in the broadcast, maybe 20 minutes in. Basically just denied that it could possibly be him, and described the process the studio uses to deliver the disks to him.

Studio sends guy with disk to Sirius building, Gary or Tracy goes down to collect it, it goes into Stern's personal bag (man purse). Once he watches it, he brings it back in, and the process reverses: Gary calls the studio, and the send someone over to collect it.

That's it. He claims that he never gives/loans it out to anyone else. He mocked the idea that it could possibly have been Ralph.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Also, he is clearly feeling the heat of fan rage about the three day week... He has a new rap about it, and he has given it THREE times already this morning.

"You see, I was going to retire, I wanted out. And then Sirius came to me and was like, we need you, how about you do a few less shows a year? I thought that was a great compromise!

So basically, it was this or nothing, not my fault, so deal with it. And if you are complaining, then you aren't a true fan."

What an rear end in a top hat.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Howard's dad heads to the track to see a dog race. Howard heads homes to watch a horse race.

Howard refers to getting a blow job as "Strapping on the Feed Bag".

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Neither is as creepy as Benji wanting to put a naked woman in a box with holes in it so people can reach in and grope her. This would take place on the street in Harlem. According to Benji, this detail is what gives the bit context.

I actually participated in this at a pervert camp I went to last year.

It was a plywood box, a little bigger then a phone booth, with a bunch of port holes so you could reach through to grope the naked person inside. The port holes were covered with black rubber, to keep light from getting in. This kept it dark inside in box, so the gropers were anonymous. There was a night vision camera set up inside, and a 2 big monitors on top of the box, so you could see the reactions of the person being groped.

This was a lot of fun in the safe environment of camp, but doing it on street? Not only does that make it creepy, it makes it a sex crime.

"Context", my rear end.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

So what you are saying is, She Was Impressed?

There is a thread on the HardOCP forums about the screener leak, and they are making us look kind in comparison:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1627933

A Sample:

quote:

Howard Sterns stylist? I don't know what to be more surprised about, that Howard has a stylist or that they're asking the stylist if he/she leaked the movie.

I personally hate Howard Stern. Only because he talked trash about AVGN and gamers in general. Not that I ever listened to him to begin with.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

Yeah this really pissed me off this morning. It's one of the few good music channels left and now they've canned it. What the gently caress is wrong with them? They don't have any other channels that play that type of music.

One of many things that they don't have any more.. no more punk channel, for example.

Also, a minor quibble, but I steam Sirius in my house, and listen to XM in my car, and for some reason, the NPR stations are totally different.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Corbet posted:

This is true, but New York City is still the worst big city. I'd pick almost any other "no car needed" city over NYC.

I feel the exact opposite. If were to live without a car, the only place I'd want to live is in Manhattan.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, that cat is HUGE. Don't forget that Beth is hardly petite.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

When are they going to learn to stop doing NYC centric programming?

I'm glad that you keep beating this drum, because I'm from the North East, so the bias is pretty much invisible to me.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Kelly posted:

I am in NJ and I don't notice any bias either. :confused:

Yeah, but it's there. It's a big country.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I LOVE that clip of the Looney Tune's theme, done with Riley Martin uhs and ahs.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

I'm a grumpy dwarf
with a 5-inch cock
Look at me
I'm the first flying Ewok

IMO, this was the peak of the midget's funniness.

I'm still bitter that he never flew with balloons, and that has made all of his work since then less funny. He fuckin owes us that.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

That's so much better than reality could ever give us. You know in real life Eric wouldn't show up, or would and then back out.

Yeah, that's the thing though, back then I really thought he was gonna do it... so I feel burned that I ever believed it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

AltronHGX posted:

Isn't capitalizing words like Me, Him, His, etc mid-sentence only for when you're talking about God?

Dominants and Dominatrixes do it, to. Also, the abbreviation M/s (Master/slave) is deliberately capitalized that way.

I still think it's pretty stupid.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

chiz posted:

Did you learn that at your pervert camp?

No, at pervert camp you learn new skills and play your rear end off. It's spergy nerds that sit home and stress over "proper" capitalization protocols.

I have considered calling in with my grope box story, but I don't get up as early these days. Maybe I should call in to the Wrap Up show and tell Benji directly.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

lynch_69 posted:

Isn't this sort of thing blatant animal abuse?

I think so, but then again, I like cats.

Obviously not abuse in the eyes of the law. I say we sic Pet Island on em.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I have a Gilbert collection that someone posted here two years ago. Can upload if someone provides hosting.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I had a dream last night that I might have accidentally killed Eric The ShitCock.

For some reason, we were in my folks old house. He was being himself, an obnoxious, balky sack of poo poo, and he was pissing me off. I was trying to do something for him, and nothing was good enough.

As I got angrier and angrier, he started directly taunting me, cursing at me. Finally, I just snapped, and punched him square in the face. He went flying out of his chair, and hit the floor like a (small) sack of potatoes. He laid in a crumpled pile on the floor, and I got scared and ran out of the house, and drove away.

And they I woke up.
hosed up, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Listening to these whack pack reruns, it seems clear to me that the best thing for the show would be to book more weirdos. Those were always my favorite segments. A few more genuine freaks and a little less Richard Belzer and people like that would really liven things up. The comic con nerd interviews are more interesting than most of the guests.

Yeah, I agree entirely. After listening on and off a bit to the Wack Pack shows, I've decided that the absolute peak of the show was the fight between Hank and Beet.

Listening to Beet cry over Hanks death was really sad, though.