Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

geera posted:

This 3 day a week schedule, combined with a pretty bland show lately, is finally starting to push me over the "is this really worth it anymore?" line.

I think the 3-day schedule combined with his vacations will push people on the edge to cancel the service. When there's only a handful of live shows a month, not everyone wants to listen to reruns. People who subscribed for Howard will find other stuff to occupy their time and realize they actually don't need or want Sirius much.

I would have canceled by now if I didn't have a lifetime sub. As it is, I hardly ever listen to Sirius except for Howard, especially after the bullshit move with them killing apps that allowed streaming on i-devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

Worth every penny!

Howard's response to people questioning his schedule is so predictable.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#wed

Howard said he's done this for over 40 years or something crazy like that. Howard said he started out in college radio and that's almost 39 years or something crazy like that. Howard said he doesn't want anymore letters telling him he doesn't work enough. He said he is there doing his job and talking a few days a week. He said he's terrific at it and he wouldn't be there if he sucked at it.

Howard said there are people who get paid and they've put in their time. Robin said that's right and it's hard time.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

fuzzi posted:

Nobody commenting on the revelation on today's show that Jackie was making 1.5 million a year when he walked out?

It's not too far off from what I thought he was making, but definitely higher. I always thought it was high six figures, but not much more than one mil. Have to agree with Howard: Walking out on 1.5 mil is pretty retarded.

Robin made a funny comment during yesterday's show when they were talking about J-Lo and Marc Anthony splitting up. Howard was saying something about how you know she's a pain in the rear end when you see her posing on stage. Robin then said how she knew Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman were going to split up because Nicole was perfectly posed for every photo of them together and seemed more interested in the camera. All I could think of was EVERY photo I've ever seen of Howard and Beth.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Also, reddit had a good quote about how Howard will address Steve's leaving.

Sounds about right.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Did they just play Monday's show again today or did I gently caress up labeling my recording and put the wrong show on my ipod a second time, or what?

There was no show today. It was a "This Date in Howard Stern" or whatever they call it.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

They're finally talking about Steve leaving right now...

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I don't see why they all thought it was weird that Steve signed a new contract before putting in his two weeks. He obviously wanted out.

Also, they mentioned Steve was peeved at being reigned in and not able to pursue a couple stories he wanted to(I would LOVE to know what those were!). He also may or may not have been peeved at being preempted after waiting in the hall to come on the show. Howard said he didn't think he was, but someone else said otherwise.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You know, I wish Langford the best. He's an rear end, but he deserved a lot more than the Stern show would ever give him. And honestly, it always seemed like a waypoint for him to get back to doing something worthwhile instead of being a money sink for keeping track of rogue wack packers and the like. I'm glad he got in at a news station.

And if Howard is bitter...well, gently caress it. A job is a job, and at least Langford won't be wasted.

And ETM is back? I doubt it, but unless he does something good, it'll be short-lived.

I didn't get the feeling that Howard sounded bitter at all. Other than signing a new contract before putting in his two weeks, Howard didn't have anything other than positive things to say about him, and it actually sounded genuine. Seems like typical Howard not being able to control everything or not knowing how the real world works. Or both.

You're absolutely right: Good for Steve on being able to get the gently caress out while he could.

I thought it was interesting how when they first mentioned Steve had left, Robin was acting like this was all news to her. "I was wondering why I haven't seen him in the halls!" Really?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

chiz posted:

Denise Richards and Tila Tedouchebag

A little woozy here, I think I bumped my head getting out of my DeLorean.

Don't forget that Roseanne Barr was also on today, completing the B-List Has-Been Trilogy.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

Vacation again...are they always off the first week of August?

I came here to ask the same thing! Wonder how many days he's going to be on this month?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Djarum posted:

I honestly wish Howard just retired at the end of the last contract. All this contract is doing is ruining the legacy he worked hard to establish. The show is rubbish, I couldn't honestly tell you the last time I listened to more than 30 minutes of a new show. The frankly ridiculous amount of vacation time now coupled with a 3 day a week schedule makes it harder to catch a live show than to keep up with a series on Cartoon Network.

If he wanted to do something like this then he should have "retired" and did a live show once a blue moon and make that great. Instead he is basically trying to kill off his audience so he doesn't feel guilty for retiring. I feel bad for anyone working on the show since you know morale has to be through the floor. No one can feel good about the quality of the product being put out. Couple that with the fact that maybe 4 people are going to be employable once the show goes off the air, it is just bad juju.

I feel pretty much the same, although it sounds like I still listen a bit more than you. I guess it's something to listen to and pass the time at work, but I can't remember what the last thing was that got me somewhat excited. Maybe the IQ tests? What was that, a year ago?

I honestly wonder if they realize the show as taken a sharp turn south? I'm sure some people there do, but do you think Howard does? Booey? Robin? I think they actually might have no idea, or be in denial. Who's going to tell them: Eric from Hoboken?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

How many weeks off does Howard get then? 10?

2 in July, 2 in August, 2 in December, 1 at Thanksgiving, 1 at Memorial Day, 1 at Labor Day, 1 additional?

I don't know if this schedule has been verified, but I also count 10 weeks off:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/howard-sterns-vacation-schedule

They had the first week of August right.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

What a let down... He finds the most uninteresting way to deny things.

Yeah, even his defense against "Angry Vacation Man" (I think they called him that) who was calling him out on 3 day weeks and all of his vacations was uninteresting.

Their argument against vacations and the limited shows is retarded.

Robin: "No one complains about True Blood only having 12 episodes in a season!"
Howard: "Yeah, why don't they have THAT show on every day?!"

I also love how whenever anyone is critical of him, he (or Robin) always say that "they probably don't even listen to the show". But then if it's obvious that they actually do listen to the show, they ask "Why are you still listening?" and tell them to stop listening.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 8, 2011

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

Such a milquetoast response to both the leaked screener and his new vacation schedule.

Ever since the Oprah deal all he did was bitch about her taking all that money and never showing up. All along he wanted the exact same deal because he's just lazy and doesn't care anymore. He has a trophy mare and a nice house in the hamptons to retire to. Why not collect a bunch of money and phone it in for the next five years at the expense of your fans?

Exactly. And now that people are complaining about his schedule on his Twitter feed, he's responded by saying he's done with Twitter and won't post any more "hot photos" he took of Beth. I'll be honest Howard, your photos of Beth were never a draw for me to read your Twitter in the first place.

I'm tired of listening to him talk about how he's busy studying photography 12 hours a day, anyway. I thought he's supposed to always be busy working on new material for the show for us when he's not in the studio? That's why he "researches" all of the reality TV like Dancing With The Stars. If he found out someone on his staff had a hobby they were devoting as much time to, they'd never hear the end of it.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

That Howard lookalike (great guest for a loving radio show - someone who needs to be SEEN in order to be appreciated) kept licking his lips before every time he spoke. I felt like blowin' my mind up listening to him.

That was horrible. Didn't Howard tell him to take a drink of water because he thought he had a dry mouth from being nervous? Yeah... didn't help.

I think Howard briefly talked about it Monday morning, somewhere in the first hour.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

From July 1st till today they've worked exactly one Thursday and that was two weeks ago.

Summers are brutal for listeners. First a two week vacation from July 1st-18th, and then another week vacation from July 29th-August 8th. They'll probably have the last week of August off like last year, too.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I think Fred and Gary only "have" to work if they want to continue at their current standard of living. Let's not forget Gary's house that he had built in Old Greenwich, Connecticut. Seriously, his house is enormous..

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Does Fred live in the city?

Did some digging on Fred...

Fred lives in a Trump building on the West Side - The multi-building Riverside South development on the Hudson River.

In September 2007, Fred purchased an apartment in the 16 building Riverside South development on the Hudson River for $2.53M. He has a $1.43M mortgage, meaning he put $1.1M down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Place

He sold his apartment on 330 West 72nd Street in August 2007 for $2.395M.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Cost of living I guess. In the town in the US where I grew up you can get a decent 3 bedroom, 2 storey house in a nice suburb for about 180k.

That same house in Southwestern Ontario? 350-400k depending on how close you are to Toronto.

Location, location, location. It's all about where the house (or apartment) is.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

What's this about a car accident? I haven't heard anything about it!

I must've just missed it, because I heard the boring talk about "Leon Bear" and Jackie's instructions on how to tell a punchline.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

I feel like 3 to 5 of the 20 or so regular posters in this thread are still actually subscribed to SIRIUS.

I probably would've dumped it by now if I hadn't bought a lifetime sub.

Still listening to the Castaway raft, though. Mostly out of habit.. That, and it's still leagues better than any morning zoo poo poo.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

I was rapidly going insane trying to find this thread. Yay for the new forum!

Same here! I scanned the first 5 pages or so of TVIV looking for the thread.

I thought they would be live today because George was in the the studio this "week". Should've known better...

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

wasn't last week three days?

Sure was... I had to go to howardstern.com to double check.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they moved to a solid 3-day week.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sizzlechest posted:

I thought vegans were supposed to be healthy? :rolleyes:

She's on a vegan french fry diet. I'm not surprised at all she's ballooned back up.

Edit:

Found a pic from 8/18/11:

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Robin+Quivers/Celebs+Perform+SiriusXM+Studios+NYC/xYiC1APwcP2

And her classic face:

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 27, 2011

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Generic CAW posted:

Hoooly poo poo this is funny.

Everyone who's a fan of Artie has to listen to this.

Jesus, two minutes onstage and he's recycling ancient jokes we've heard a million times.

"By the way, I learned this in rehab -- Crystal meth is a good drug if you need to walk to St. Louis one weekend."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

It's just the cosmetics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgCbegtw0JM

Why so serious?