Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I remember listening to that live. It was also a week of great stories about the party Jackie had for Robins birthday. I think that may have also had the story where Jackie passes out in the hallway and people kept opening the door into his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Well it looks like it really may be the end of the line for Bubba on H101.
Adam Carolla announced on his podcast this morning that he will be syndicating his show to H101.
The show is going to be now 2 hours. It will still be available as a podcast. It will have commercials on Sirius. He said it was just an 'experiment' to start out.

I love Adam and listen to his podcast daily, but I just dont get this move. Sirius is still trying to get people to pay for a show that the can get for free elsewhere.
Very strange business plan.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

One more bit of info on the Carolla deal.
His show will actually be simulcast and not just a replay. I think this is just a test to see if he can do a full 4 hours on H101. What I could see happening is he does a full 4 hour show and then just puts that up as his podcast.
Sirius may also be trying to get the other podcasts Adam has on his network.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Moniker posted:

So when does all of this start with Adam?

Monday according to him, but I have not found anything official from Sirius on dates and time slots. Howard will probably just announce the details on his show Monday.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

More rumors kicking around about Adams new Show

Carolla will do his show LIVE (3-6 pm).

His people will then cut out the breaks and release it through iTunes as his podcast

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I agree that the "Artie chair" should stay empty until Artie is back but I think they should atleast start having people sit in on the show every now and then. When was the last time someone stayed on for the news?
Christ, even getting Sal in there for a day a week would be fresh.
If they did it right and used people who Artie knows and is friends with then it would probably be less of a shock to his system.
I love the big fat baby gorilla, but something has got to give.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

Is... is H101 doing a "Best of Stern" show every day now?!

Yes, until they fill the time slots left by Bubba on H101 they are doing replays of Master Tape Theaters, best of elements and older specials such as "fight week"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

So you want it to stay empty forever?

You can't throw somebody back into that shark tank and not expect jokes and comments, I mean, Jesus, you just called him Baby Gorilla. There is no way they could just ignore it and it would be too dangerous to let Artie slip back into the show.

If you love Artie, you can't have him back on the show. What he did, you don't just get "better" from it.

I honestly think one of the goals that is hopefully helping Artie's recovery is his desire to get back on the show. He clearly cant do the road anymore and its going to be hard for movies and tv to take a chance on him.
Look, he has 5 years to do it. Not saying its going to happen this year or the next, but if Artie gets healthy both physically and mentally then he will be back in that chair.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Moniker posted:

Did they mention Adam Carolla?

Not that I noticed.
Adam talked about it this morning on his podcast. They had to move the launch back a week or 2 because of technical issues. The engineer from Sirius/XM couldnt get to LA in time for it this week so they just decided not to rush it and roll it out correctly.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

My favorite Pat Cooper bit doesnt even include Pat Cooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFXl6K5ijak

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

Speaking of Bubba if you didn't hear Brent Hatley under hypnosis today you missed some of the best radio I have ever heard.

The moon is made of blue cheese

Both of his shows were great today. Spice/Bubba calling Mr Piggly and Mr Wiggly to get chicken dip in Piggly/Wiggly was hilarious.

Oh and Manson's daughters new song is awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRYZvp60n2Q

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

NJersey posted:

e: Gary has never booked James Franco? What the gently caress, Gary?

He is waiting to book his brother.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Your being a little dishon-dishon-untruthful.
Did you ever give Katie Couric a blumpkin.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

You guys now that Brent from Bubba's show is related by marriage to one of those guys. Antony I think. Family reunions must be fun.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

burmart posted:

For some reason I thought he was related to Fez from the Ron and Fez show.

Also, I don't think most people IN radio take radio wars seriously. I think just the listeners do.

Hmm you may be right, I have never listened to O&A or Ron and Fez...so am sure I could get them all confused.

Ya its really the listeners who get everything stirred up. I love Bubba's show but I hate his whole "Bubba Army" thing. I really just despise it. I cringe whenever a listener calls in and gives their "rank"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Benji actually started to explain it fairly well, but Howard just cut him off to talk to John Hein.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

You know who never really complains or talks about technology? Fred. That fucker has said 2 words during all the phone talk. He said he had an Iphone, and loved it. No bitching about how hard it is to work, or its battery life or crappy AT&T. I am sure he knows how to work his DVR and can loving watch 60 minutes when he wants to.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

.Ataraxia. posted:

I've got an issue that is driving me loving bonkers at work when I'm trying to listen to Stern or Ellis or Bubba, wondering if anyone can help me out.

I've got the Sirius XM Canada app and it is a gigantic piece of crap compared to the US one. You can't pause a stream, you can only stop it; and it doesn't even play in the background. It's pretty much completely useless. Does anyone know of an alternative app that can use my user credentials to stream me some Sirius? Switching over to a US sub is out of the questions because I've got 8 radios on this account (friends and family etc.) so it would be way more work than it is worth.

I've tried both Pocket Tunes and Wunder Radio, neither of those will let me pause the stream and then resume it where I've left of. When I hit the pause button they just drop the stream completely and pick it back up again where I've left off.

What kind of phone?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

That is an awful, embarrassing and overall horrific look Robin is trying to pull off.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Something that always annoys me about Hein is that he abbreviates everyone's first name to try to sound casual and it just sounds douchy.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Over/Under on how long he actually keeps this up? 30 day. I will take the under.
http://twitter.com/HowardStern

And just cause...one of my favorite pictures of Artie

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

The move to a pay service really killed all the wack jobs who would be able to call in.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Also one of Sal's best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HxVD5YRGIk

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

geera posted:

Is it online anywhere yet? I forgot to set my DVR :(

SFN has a few threads up with Youtube links

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Kelly posted:

Earlier yesterday there was an SFN thread about how Tim was quoted as saying that Howard "dropped a
bomb" on Letterman. Did anything happen or was that BS?

The problems were created by man and can be solved by man

Nothing happened.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I cant wait for Howard to do a complete 180 on twitter when he realizes what he has to do to get verified.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

I'm pretty sure mega-famous people don't need to do much to get their account verified.

Ya but this is Stern. Even if all he has to do is make or have someone else make a phone call to Twitter, thats going to be enough for him to say "gently caress it"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Kelly posted:

How does that work, normally?

I guess for a while you could do it some sort of automated way, but now according to their help section:
"How do I get my account verified?

This program is currently closed to the public. If you would like to send feedback, contact us via this form."

The from is just a generic contact us form.

Spice was talking about it on Bubba the other day and said he looked into doing it for the shows twitter and you have to jump through a few hoops. However, I am sure it would be easier for Howard than Bubba.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

scapulataf posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a ploy by Howard to say on Monday, "I signed up for twitter on (whatever day it was) and I already have over 100,000 followers, you know I am # 1!!!!!"

No I think its going to cause a bunch of conversations to the tune of "Robin can you believe (insert name here) has (insert number more that Howard's) more followers then me?!!!!!!!!

Oh you guys should also go ahead and follow Bubba. He is close to 50,000 followers and when they hit it I am pretty sure he will post a steamy Heather picture.

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 5, 2011

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

By the way can this go in the OP? Like at the top? :)

Ya I have a few other things to add to the OP as well.

News about Carolla.
What seems to be the Sirius/XM standard of offering no money to anyone continues to bite them in the rear end.
They basically offered Adam zero to simulcast his show. Adam was on a local Cali radio show and talked about it.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/?pod...ue&dcid=CBS.SAC

Starts around the 9 minute mark. Also interesting stuff about Tim Sabian.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

This sports stuff is hilarious because I know there are 6 or so of us who also post tons in SAS.
Artie was a great sports fan...in 1988. It was easy to keep up with things. All you had was the paper and rare access to ESPN.
Now, someone like Artie is totally lost and usually a few days behind.

I dont doubt he was a good athlete back in the day, but his body has taken years of abuse and cant catch up to his brain.
Remember Artie vs the College basketball girl? Artie was drunk, hadnt been to bed and only lost by a point or something.
Beer League is what it is, and I know they edited the hell out of it, but Artie actually looked natural hitting and fielding.

Gary actually infuriates me as a sports fan because he reads one blog or article and he is an immediate expert. He usually gets his facts wrong. Oh and he is a Mets fan. gently caress those guys.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I'm wondering if maybe it's Sirius demanding that he break so much so that they can sell as many commercials as possible.

It wouldnt surprise me. Its also worse around holidays because you get the advertisers gift push.
Seriously, who is sending Vermont teddy bears for valentines?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

daveslash posted:

I am. :smith:

Of course, that's more because I live like 20 minutes from the factory and like giving Vermont themed gifts to people.

Haha ok you get a pass, but I am mostly thinking of the random dude who hears the commercial and goes "hey I think I will send someone a bandit bear and some sherries Berries"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Mr Hands Colon posted:

btw Bubba was on fire today calling out that ex-police chief in Tampa, he even made it onto the Drudge for his remarks in the article.

Ya he had 2 great shows today. There is some real shady poo poo going down if most of what he was saying is true. All I kept thinking was it sounded like a side plot to an episode of The Wire.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Someone should take a few screen shots of her hair and tweet it to Howard.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Just put Jim Bruer in the Artie chair already.

I thought it was funny Jim specifically said he didnt want The Artie Chair. I think most people who we think would be good in that role are also friends with Artie and would not want to take that spot.
Of course then you have guys like Bob Levey and Yucko The Clown who didnt even wait for the knife to come out before they called Howard.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

No Kevin Smith...who is promoting a movie Howard and crew might actually find interesting. Instead, we get A.C Slater.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

How does one boycott a show that doesn't actively try to book guests?

Kevin explaining why he doesnt do the show anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnLajQYivXs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I am a pretty big Kevin Smith fan, and usually defend him, but he can be a bit over dramatic sometimes. His podcasts are really good. I recommend "Jay and Silent Bob get Old" Its mostly Jason telling stories about being addicted to heroin and the insanity that surrounded he and Kevin while trying to film movies with him strung out.

Maybe Howard got some advice from the shrink this afternoon.

"@ThatKevinSmith Not sure how we got in such a bad place. I've always been supportive or so I thought. I wish you the best."