Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
How long should I wait for the 5 grand Ralph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I dont think you are Ricardo Montalban at all!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Just relistened to the S.S Mund Saga and Artie was really on his game then. Probably one of his best lines of all time.
"There were three other potential buyers and they all had "Ice" in there name"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

gently caress THIS PLACE. gently caress SOME WHORES!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Does anyone think Dan the Song Parody man ever paid Artie back the $7500 he "borrowed"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

I feel like Artie deliberately loaned money to deadbeats, just to help justify his world view, and his own sense of personal superiority.
Yah I think that for sure plus guilt that he "was just a long shoreman from jersey and my pop climbed roofs and broke his rear end and I could easily be like Dan or Teddy or whatever other deadbeat finds me but I got lucky"
Which was in a way true...thanks to Norm but he is also a talented story teller and great on air side kick who deserved what he was making.
I think the other thing was he was putting a bunch of money up his nose and that made him feel guilty about others not having money.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Mac-Hine

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Two Kings posted:

Is Richard crying right now?

Yah but only because Halloween is still 8 months away.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Two Kings posted:

How about the time Sal went into the green room and told Jon his jokes weren’t funny but he saw him in Meet the Parents?

What makes this even more funny/sad is that Sal actually thought and probably still does, that he is funnier than Jon Stewart.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Lifespan posted:

Apparently today is Ash Wednesday, so it's a good time to revisit Artie's story about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8WmOJJN3hY

The best!
60x parlay

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Sal's funnier than Jon Stewart to me, but yeah, I'm a fan of early Sal years in particular.

I mean at times sure Sal would be funnier....trying to put wars in order etc...

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I am happily married and dont usually wear my ring. I hate the feeling. I offered to get a ring tattoo instead but was shot down. Family events and poo poo ill throw it on, but 9/10 i am ringless.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

rear end treeks.

Im glad you think its funny

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I wonder what Rabbi Gottfried would as about this?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Riley D'yer Mak'er is good stuff.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=775GDQwusKQ

"And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII never saw something that big...." *accordion chords*

"Langford's got a big huge cock...." *clown horn* "Steve LANGford...."

Edit: well, gently caress, embedding has been disabled. It's the Borderlands trailer with that song.

Are your parents home?

Thats gotta be top 5 bits of all time right? I think its probably one of the few that is universally loved.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I really hope someone leaks the entire 20+ hours of calls that Sour made.
It would be glorious and I would not stop listening

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Two Kings posted:

I think he got killed in the Dot com crash in the early 2000s as well. Thank goodness he had the Jokemaster Junior to keep him afloat.

He played the Stuttering John IPO game a little too long and in the words of the great Sal Governale he "lost a bunch of money on margin and is now negative equity"
I have a memory of a wrap up show from like 2007 where Gary starts discussing how much money he and Jackie and a few other back office people use to invest with Johns shady IPO deals and Gary was pretty proud of the fact he got out of everything before Jackie and John and that allowed him to buy his house in Connecticut .

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

For some reason lots of Wrestlers live in Tampa..no clue why. I am sure someone who is more into that then I am could explain it.

Kay-fabe, backside, McGillicutty jones with some cheap heat.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

euphronius posted:

How does he not look in the mirror and not immediately go to AA

For the same reason Wendy looks in the mirror and doesnt think anything is wrong....the mental capacity just isnt there to recognize an unhealthy lifestyle.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Richard I talked to yer sister and she got one of them cats in new york city and well she said it turned her into one of them cat women we saw in the movies after we ate taco tico. Anyway, just figured youd wanna know. Talk to ya later bub.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Was it Black, White, or Italian?

Or a Chinese baby? The point I was trying to make was that generally speaking white women dont have sex with black men under normal circumstances.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

What was it that he said, something like "well, he probably wasn't an accountant" or something?\

Where do you think she met him? At an accounting firm? Yoohoo we live in America. You have a nice snow white blonde girl who has sex with a black guy and most likely drugs and alcohol was involved. I dont get it? Is it me? Excuse me sir, have you ever gotten drunk and hosed the poo poo out of a fat chick?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Pass the church in a moment of silence...for another brother who died from violence!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

mayday, mayday

Steak for 2 for 1. For me Dominic.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Ralph Hurley posted:

Khrab khakes fuh everyone!
Vodkha with khranberry!
And TWO LEMONS!

Fuh DOMINIKH!

Perfect!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

During the Cabbie meltdown when he is trying to create a "charity" during the Iraq War, Dominic calls in and tells Cabbie he will introduce him to a great lawyer who knows how to setup charities and whatnot......that lawyer was Michael Cohen. Pretty much all you need to know about the circle Dominic ran in during his glory days.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Has Fred even said what he'll do after the show? What does he even do besides play in the Dad Rock band?

I recall him guest DJing on Deep Cuts and wasn't bad.

I think Fred has quietly put away enough money that he wont have to work when Howard finally hangs it up. His wife owned her own business of some kind in the early 2000s and Fred has talked about his house in the Hamptons and his Motorcycle collection so I think he has done pretty well. Didnt live extravagantly, probably invested well and milked the King Norris $$ for all it was worth between 95 and 2005.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I know its been said but Cabbie Paint it Black is probably one of the best Stern show songs ever made. To think it came from Shuli....need confirmation but I am 99% sure he submitted it as a listener.

I constantly search for the love my parents didnt give, if they really loved me Id know where they live....

Ice cold.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Really makes you wonder what songs Sal came up with but someone said, "hey no, we can't play that on the show".

Remember during the Booey song contest, Sal submitted a song as "Al Joevernale" that was just him signing the N-Word to a Michael Jackson song I think.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Artie fake coming out to George was one of the most tasteless things they ever did.

Ehhh it wasnt good but I think a lot of the poo poo they did with/to Gary and Beet were much worse. George atleast could comprehend the joke after the fact but sending Gary to the moon or whatever was just mean.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Two Kings posted:

Baba Booey was always a good sport but having an actress call in and pretend she got date raped by Gary right before he got married was pretty brutal.

The Stuttering John Prank wars were great. The Gary Date Rape prank, Stealing the Gary Puppet, Loosing all his money In the stock market, Gary fake firing John on camera, Jackies fake daughter, taping Scott the Engineers phone down and on and on it went

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Lifespan posted:

Really makes you wonder how his marriage survived

Hello, yoo-hoo, we live in America,

There's a missed meta punchline, where they should've all goofed on Artie for pulling such a stupid loving prank.

If Sal had done it, he would've caught major poo poo for it.
Yah but Sal would have done it unprompted to a random guest in the greenroom.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Ronnie's "Scoresman" persona.

Yo Ronnie whatchya wearing? You wearin' a full suit? I bet you get yo suits at the mens warehouse. Ronnie you got a flip phone? What kinda sneakers are them Ronnie? NIKES!! Yo, you wearin' Nikes dog? I mean those fine if you like in high school or some poo poo.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Oh yes this is the most tenses
I see Oj....I see OJ and he scared.
Now lookie here! He looks very upset

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Lookie Lookie Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PFT_5CaIfo

Here's the whole trail saga from 1995. I am pretty sure they will never let this air on Sirius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70YeASMhdc

Yah the Japanese racism against Ito was non stop, plus Howards constant Marsha Clark "She has a great body Id love to bang her"
would never make it to the air today.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PFT_5CaIfo
Jfc I forgot about the Old Black OJ song.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

NO E'FFEN WAY GANGE!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

I mean to be fair sitting presidents give interviews pretty often...maybe not so much this one, but its not usually a news item when it happens.
Howard still thinks Hilary would have won if she had come on his show, so he has had a bug up his rear end for almost 10 years now about getting a candidate on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

As someone in the car business I can attest to the fact that car sales are a major factor with any subscription service that relies on them. Anyone remember Onstar?
Most cars dont even want to build Sat radio in anymore and instead opt for carplay or andriod auto or whatever its called and call it a day.
The other issue is that most pre-owned cars that had a subscription never have it turned off...basically every car I buy pre-owned that has built in Sat radio has it turned on and working and it never shuts off...
I have also NEVER had anyone specifically say they want Sat Radio. I get requests for backup cameras, heated seats and bluetooth to your phone but never sat radio built in.