Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I love how Gary's picture is the infamous pitch. Even in stills, Gary comes off as someone with a brain disorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

therapy posted:

Absolutely not. The show was about 10 times better with Artie than with Jackie.

I think the show jumped the shark about the 3rd year of Sirius, when they got complacent and no longer attempted at trying to get good guests and Artie's heroin habit got way out of control.

I'd back this. Let's keep in mind that a lot of us were hoping Artie would take some time off or get fired because he was either not showing up or completely dominating the conversation with his bullshit. I never realized how annoying it was until I listened to Part 5 of the Artie Addiction Saga: Artie's out of control, he's not as funny as he used to be, and Howard and Robin are just wanting to punch-in/punch-out and go home. The show was on autopilot and Artie was basically the only one there giving an effort and he's crashing hard.

That doesn't defend the show now, but when they settled into Sirius, that's when the show really stopped being worth the money. It was the setup to what we have now.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

dawunderboy posted:

Yeah i'm the exact same way, and one of those losers who got what he wanted but hates the outcome. I wanted Artie to get help or get lost, the last few months he was on the show were awful. He would constantly talk over everyone and tell lovely jokes, it was obvious he was hosed up but he was just so god drat annoying. I just wanted to hear Howard, I wanted to listen to what he has to say. Now that Artie's gone Howard is free to talk again and I can't stand it. Robin is free to talk more too and it's just awful (and I used to like her on the show).

I haven't been listening as long as some of you have, but I absolutely agree the show jumped the shark midway through the Sirius years. They had nothing to fight against, nothing to prove and nothing to do to improve their situation. Howard got his subscriber bonus and got the merger, he did what he set out to do and now he can only sit back and collect a cheque.

I agree with Howard's need for a purpose to stay, that's what seemed to be going on the last contract negotiations. He had nothing to rage against, nothing to prove, so he really had no reason to stay so he manufactured this "everyone will fail and be poor if I quit so I have to resign to save everyone" angle (which is true for some but most would have done ok).

I'll say it first: I wish Artie had just stayed on. Annoying Artie is better than Bland Show.

Actually, the whole 'I'm doing it for everybody else' ploy was also a way to cover up Stern's original plan. In late 2009 he started going on and on about how he was going to retire and it was over and he would love if he could just stay home and such. But after the Artie Incident, he changed his tune to 'I want more respect, I'm going to leave because I don't get any respect like Oprah!' As this continued and he finally started insulting some Sirius exec on the air (the "I GO STRAIGHT TO MEL!!" nonsense), that's when he kowtowed and did that kiss-rear end statement about his crew and such and finally noted he was going to phone apps in order to broadcast the show that way and that Sirius was the future blah blah loving blah. I think Artie and the fans threw Howard a few curveballs in his attempt to get another fat contract and that really gave Sirius some advantages when it came to re-signing Stern. Not that I'm blaming Artie (he was headed down this road regardless), but when your fans really start calling you out on your obvious bullshit, that's when Howard knew he was going too far. And who can forget that three week 'I could be on American Idol/see I'm still relevant to the outside world' nonsense?

The most important thing to note about this new contract is that it's the first time Howard tried picking a fight and failed. When they came to Sirius their 'fight record' was pretty good. Now it's just showing that Howard has no teeth left.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Stern fans want Howard to live in constant fear of being a hypocrite and refuse to change and grow up. The guy is a mental case, and that will never change, but people's environments do. I can't blame him for being in his fifties and refusing to insult celebrities to their face like he's some DJ sharpening to be edgy.

I'm not sure what is worse sometimes: people saying a radio show "jumped the shark" or blaming Howard for his life changing due to wealth.

I can't blame the fans. A lot of them are annoying sycophants (that hang out on SFN and shoot down anything) who would listen if it meant getting brain cancer, but most of the angry ones are old fans who realize something Howard doesn't: no matter what brave face he puts on it for Beth, he's still going to be known as Shock Jock Howard Stern. He's never going to be accepted because he made his career out of being a loudmouth jackass who pushed the envelope. If he had just gone balls out with his schtick, he would be in the same position he's in now but with a little more dignity. He hates the fans for calling him out on that.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I think you could take this thread and the current Simpsons thread and just replace "Howard Stern" for "The Simpsons" and vice-versa.
No matter what the show or medium, after 25 years its going to get stale and have its ups and downs. Both shows seem content to just ride it out as long as possible while we all remember the "good ole' days"
Yet we all still watch/listen and its better than 99% of the other poo poo out there.

"Its better than 99% of the other poo poo out there" isn't really a good excuse for a show losing quality.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

i'm simply waiting for a Ronnie aneurysm at a Rick's appearance, then i'm out.

I'm waiting for the eventual Eric the Midget death on-air and the funeral where all the callers finally lay into the little turd.

Brocktoon posted:

Season 22 (1996-1997), Alec Baldwin episode. Stern is on during Norm's news segment.

For those of you without Netflix: Stern comes out as a commentator, talks about how awful he thinks SNL is (except Norm) and about some of the unfunny sketches he proposed (Fartman blows Kathy Lee's head off and a tumor out of Elizabeth Taylor's head, which Taylor then eats). They then show the lamest, most uninteresting 15 second clip from Private Parts, and when they return, there's a bunch of chicks in bikinis making out and writing around on the news desk.

I can't imagine anyone outside of Howard's core audience being interested in the movie after this segment.

ETA: Found a transcript - http://snltranscripts.jt.org/96/96nupdate.phtml

I need to see this because it looks completely pointless.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

Seconding the nice job on the OP - thanks duder.

Re: the show jumping the shark. I am going to get killed for this, but I think it jumped the shark when it came to Sirius. For me, most of the moments that make me groan have taken place since they have moved. To whit:

- Howard is patently dishonest with his audience regarding a few things. Namely, not working Fridays. And, when Bubba signed his last contract they were all crowing about it but neglected to mention he wasn't actually live 4 of the 5 days. Also: completely embracing people to further Beth's career that he would normally shun - to our amusement.

- The loving tapes. He has put together one good special in his time with those tapes: Fight Week. Fight Week is one of the greatest things the show has put together. And in the precursor to the tapes - re-recording the old bits. Homocomp 2006 was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen him do. It made me embarrassed that he thought it was so awesome.

- Howard sat there while his bro Artie wasted away. If WE saw what a mess Artie was, then you know Howard did.

Just to name three.

I think there have been some real highlights in the last five years - but sadly, more cringe inducing moments for my money. Gary's pitch, Sal's apology - all great stuff. But man, the person Howard has turned into would get his rear end kicked by early-90s Howard.

Don't forget the douchechills coming from 'I'M THE PRANKSTER.' Also, that whole 'Bro' fight was pretty cringeworthy as well. Artie didn't want to be referred to as just the fat guy. Howard keeps going on and on about how grateful Artie should be to be there. It reveals a lot about the nature of the show that adds more proof that Howard knew what Artie was going through and let it happen, perhaps out of spite.

AxeManiac posted:

You could also say Howard was keeping drug addled artie on the show for us and didn't want to stop it because it was radio gold.

Oh yeah. Especially after the Teddy fight. Howard should have put a stop to it after Sal got hit by a CD, but letting Artie come back after the Teddy fight was really selfish. At that point Artie was losing his mind and really needed help.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Moniker posted:

The only reason they had him doing the one day a week is because they wouldn't offer him enough money to do 4 days a week. I think a lot of people think that he went from one contract to this one but there was a lovely contract in between.

Yeah, it's pretty lousy. Sirius really seemed to screw Bubba as hard as they could, and it's no secret they have been pretty stupid with their money. They just wanted to give him one twist of the knife before they left, and I'm not shocked to see him telling the press about the paycuts the radio talent are getting.

That said, I hope Radioio works out for him. It seems to be a fine service once they got the bandwidth to broadcast his show.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Djarum posted:

I think ultimately Radio IO will be a success. Sirius is scrambling to try to jump on the mobile wireless stuff but frankly I think it is too late. They got all that lovely hardware and lovely programming out there, the online streaming app is awful and requires you to spend even more money to use it. I got my worth out of the lifetime sub but I can't imagine the service is going to be around for that much longer.

It doesn't help that Sirius likes to nickel-and-dime everything under the sun, either. Charging paying subscribers for a web feed is absurd. At least Bubba is getting out while the getting is good.

musclecoder posted:

Pure jealousy. Howard even said "why don't you go make some phony calls while on your break?" It was pretty rage inducing. And this isn't ragging on one of Jackie's lovely CD's, Richard was a legitimate metal drummer for years. Dude has insane talent.

Howard simply don't like people who have talent that he didn't give them. If he was a bit more humble he would be in a better place in his life. But Richard is going to be in the Billy West/Stuttering John band of people who made it big outside of the show. Plus he's humble as all hell. You gotta love Richard.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

On the phone with Sirius right now to remove 1 of my radios and they are seriously giving me the run around.
They asked why I was canceling one of the radios and I told them I didnt use the car its in anymore(legit reason) and before I could tell them why I was canceling it the woman goes "its because of Howard stern isnt it"

You're kidding.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

I worry that later on this month we'll find out Richard quit his band to appease Howard. If that happens I'm unsubscribing from this thread and will be done with Howard. Richard is awesome and I'll be heartbroken if they drive him to do that for their approval :ohdear:

Why not just email Richard and give him some support for his band? I'm sure if we all email he'll maintain his enthusiasm. And honestly..would Richard really quit anything for Howard Stern? Come on.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

People have a problem with Howard being a neurotic, whiny douche when he's trying to legitimately down someone like Richard. Its not like he's messing with Sal, whose life is already a full-fledged disaster. Richard is clearly the most friendly, personable person on the staff and he's been a fan favorite from day 1 of Get John's Job.

In some ways, he's treating Richard like Stuttering John. John did a lot of the same stuff as Richard to try and get his name out there and do something beyond the show and Howard poo poo on literally everything, whether it was good or bad. Now because John was an rear end and a troublemaker, he got his due but Richard doesn't do anything but try to please Howard on the show. You never hear stories about him being a prick, ignoring fans, gossiping amongst the staff, etc. He's a genuinely great guy that is virtually impossible to hate and people have a real issue with Howard when he tries to rip him for no reason whatsoever.

Howard has a problem with Richard, he truly does. For instance, Howard spends thousands of dollars to be an average to above-average chess player whereas Richard lived in a warehouse shack and taught himself to be one of the greatest heavy metal drummers. That eats at Howard, he's too neurotic for it not to do so. Then it simply manifests itself into a boil and eventually he gets sick of hearing about anyone outside of maybe Robin having outside success and becomes king douche like he did today. Its extremely childish and petty which is shocking and not shocking given that it is Howard Stern.

Exactly.

Richard has a lot of commitment and faith in his abilities. He also recognizes that being nice to everybody is a good way to get ahead in the business. He also realizes when he's being ragged on and knows that if he lets it get to him then they win. Nothing is worth more in life than being secure in yourself and letting poo poo truly slide.

FogHelmut posted:

Howard sat in a lovely apartment in Detroit and taught himself how to be the greatest radio DJ.

In Detroit there's nothing else for you to do except sit in your apartment. It's either too cold or too depressing.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

"No, you need the gold-plated HDMI cables! They transfer the sound better, boff!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

Ferrall has been on fire about this too. He spent a solid last night ripping "suits" and the business side of radio in general. I think in the end bubba got lucky. 3 years ago Sirius dared him to go back to terrestrial figuring he would fail and come groveling back to them. Well he's had some success and so when Sirius tried to put the screws to him, unlike O&A, Howard and Scotty, he had already set up a place to land. And as much as Howard gives Bubba poo poo for building his own studio it made him independent of any one company and lets him do the radioio thing really easily.

Howard gives anybody poo poo for thinking outside of the box, like he did to Richard yesterday. Maybe the reason no one gives him respect because he's just part of the old school that helped radio become a lacking medium today. Still, you have to admire how Bubba and Ferrall--both Stern employees--saw the carnage beforehand and made preparations to jump before they got really screwed.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Dude don't be thick. He doesn't save his wife's socks, he buys them off the internet. Saving his wife's would just be disgusting.

You think he would use his Moen faucets to clean that poo poo?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

HOOOOLY JESUS

How does Fred (or Howard) manage to get anything played correctly with that??

The resolution is what gets me. Skip the touchscreen, just use a mouse with hyperlinks and you could save a ton of screen space and fit more in. I wonder how much money goes into keeping that software operational on new computers.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

therapy posted:

Well, the monitor in the picture isn't a touch screen monitor, so unless it's mirroring another monitor somewhere else that IS touch screen, I'd say they're using the mouse.

It's a functional thing but not exactly pretty. It does make stuff easy to find. "Gary Preview page 1 in red" or "JD page 4 in green" or whatever would be easy to find with the combination of drop-downs and large, easily-read buttons.

My guess is that they're so big because everyone on the show is over 50 and has problems reading up close.

Maybe, but then the text would fill more of the boxes and be in a larger font. Even if Howard can figure it out, it's still not put together well. It looks pretty awful since there's these giant colorful boxes with tiny font. And it's going off the side of the boxes.

It's a loving nightmare.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Funny that he gets involved now. I can't believe they (Sirius Management) never had a plan B.

I'm guessing there will be no more live Sirius shows and Bubba would just charge them a syndication fee to replay a previsouly recorded show.

I can't see Bubba doing them any favors. How many times has he been jerked around by them? When you get cut to a fifth of what you were paid previously and have to go off and do your own thing, that's pretty much the end of any pleasant association for a while.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

Howard cut him off before he could explain, his connection was terrible. I can't wait for KOABs father to croak giving him full access to all that money and blowing it on ralph lauren purple label and Burberry shoes. He's going to wind up poor, begging for money.

I imagine when KOAB does kick off, he'll be found in a Walmart aisleway. In one hand, his Bridge card. In the other, a can of shaving cream. Generic shaving cream. And the look in his dead eyes will be one of horror.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

I can't see how that business model is going to work. Sure, you can report a large number of subscribers, but if most of them are in at a discount, you're losing money (assuming the standard cost of a subscription provides a minimal profit above operating costs).

Crap - I interrupted a Robin burn run.

Here's mine:

HAW! HAW! HAW!

I'm starting to wonder if Sirius will make it five years at this point. Bubba mentioned something about money and waste, but you have to really wonder how they're doing it at this point.

Oh, and check out Eric the Midget's birthday wishes for Howard. At the beginning he says he's never calling in it. Halfway through he starts begging for Bubba's old time slot. It's insane.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNCBESJTFSk

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

The number of the ack ack actor

Indeed it is. I got a screencap:

Former Human posted:

Hahaha, why doesn't he adjust the camera so it isn't aiming at the top of his hat? Maybe he has a laptop with a built-in webcam or something but it looks ridiculous.

Eric knows nothing about media. He doesn't know the concept of centering a camera, has far too much headspace, and can't even wear his cap without it making him look like a complete dunce. Part of me wants to think that he wants to keep his 'power' by not centering it (because it reveals his bigass head atop the turkey body) but I think he just doesn't get it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I hope this is true... how amazing would that be if he actually pulled something off for once?

He would immediately give it away so he's sure to get credit for it. The Midget has no poker face. Unless the blotch is a scar from where someone ripped it off of him.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Its just trolling Eric. Because just the slightest incorrect statement or redundant question drives him insane, they're trolling him by saying he's dead which will in turn inundate him with questions, e-mails, etc. from fans not in on the troll asking if he's still alive.

The amazing thing is that Eric doesn't get that people are mocking him and feels the need to explain that he knows and he's not falling for it. And then he gets angry and does it again and again.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Djarum posted:

I love yesterday how Howard was just like "I don't care just get Bubba back."

I took that as they had Howard listen to a selection of other radio people and there were all harrible.

Considering the freedom Bubba has now, what makes anybody think he wants to come back?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

It may be. They usually did it in the 10:00 hour right before the news. Now that they end the show at that time, it's not coming back. Mike Walker is on the West Coast so he'd have to get up even earlier to give us a reach around.

bbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppHHHHHHHHHFFFFFFFFT

Does this mean that Stern and the Enquirer's deal is off?

-Atom- posted:

Tim also said Bubba's internet radio thing is some kind of uncensored exclusivity deal.

That, and it's free to anybody with an internet connection so far. I don't think Bubba's sticking his head out for Sirius ever again. They want something, they'll have to pay big. And honestly, why? Nothing so far shows that Radioio is a failure or that anything else Bubba is doing is doing badly.

Smeep posted:

I know Ron Howard is considered a major "get" and probably makes the show seem more legit, but I don't care about celebrity interviews and is this one ever going to eeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnd? I swear it's been over an hour and I keep turning back to 100 and he's still on. Again, probably a great guy, lovely guy, champ of a guy. DON'T loving CARE.

It seems like a way for Gary to show he's doing this job. You know, one instance so they can have 'proof' for the last few years of lovely booking.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

nmfnl posted:

Ron Howard said someone asked him if he was doing the show, and he looked at his press schedule and found out he hadn't been booked so he had someone call and get him on. Ron Howard had to get himself booked on the show, Gary did nothing.

In a few months it'll be spun to Gary's favor. Before being destroyed and Gary being mocked for a few days.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Bubba was full hot on Sirius during the first 20 minutes of the uncensored deal this morning. Played the Sirius gently caress you song followed by "If your Irish then gently caress you" and then proceeded to say he would never go back.

Is this anywhere? I could wait for Radioio but I have class tonight. I hope someone posted on YouTube.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I Am a Keg. posted:

Ahahaha, ETM is now upset that they didn't play his "happy birthday" message.

He's definitely going to call pretty soon.

I love that during his little fake tirade that the 'I want Bubba's timeslot' never came up once. That's probably why Howard hasn't picked up on him in a while. I'm sure that wouldn't do any good with their attempts to get Bubba back.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Howard does look like a gigantic Fran Lebowits

Gah!

Well, they certainly have the fecal fascination in common. I wonder if Howard ordered a special book to record his daughters' bowel movements...or his own.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Vakal posted:

Baggy clothes make you look skinny. Duh. :rolleyes:

Odd for people who live in the past not to remember any Peter Gabriel videos and learn from that.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Sit ups don't make you lose fat in your abdomen, changing body composition is a result of cardio and a reduced caloric intake. All sit ups do is strengthen/enhance the muscles.

I might make his belly look flatter and improve his posture, but I doubt it's going to do much. He's probably looking at surgery if anything.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

No poo poo Sherlock, but...

Ok so you DO understand? If he did an hour of sit ups a day his stomach would change its shape and wouldn't look so flabby, which was his complaint.

Why are you arguing over the midsection of a man who will probably get it tucked anyway?

Come on, it's a no-brainer. He's not wearing baggy clothes because it makes him look thinner. He's just wearing them so when he eventually does have a surgery his behavior won't change while he heals. Or if he had it already. Do we really think Stern is going to take an hour out of his day to start bodybuilding at his age?

Smeep posted:

An hour of sit-ups? Jesus Christ I think I would die.

There are machines that'll do it without so much stress to the back as well.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Butthole Prince posted:

A thread on SFN claims that Howard is going to be taking all Mondays off starting in March. It's SFN, so take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

I'd be more shocked if they stopped doing Mondays as of this week. Wasn't the 'flexible schedule' going to start in mid-January? I thought I remembered that from the 12/12 Re-signing broadcast.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

therapy posted:

Didn't he also say that the reason he doesn't do it himself is because he's disgusted by it himself?

I sincerely hope not. I like to joke about the Howard Hughesness of Stern, but loving hell...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Dude has caused anal fissures because he would wipe too much, Howard is nuts when it comes to that stuff. Nuts, and the means to support your insanity = Howard Hughes levels of crazy poo poo.

So the irony of ironies: Stern made a career out of making fun of people that he'll eventually become.

Oh, and Ericthebedhumper on YouTube is doing some amazing edits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bb7HTNZm8Q

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 18, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

burmart posted:

I assume so. He's doing all that stuff for the Johnny Fratto Social club. I can't think of a single other thing that does but give Eric the Midget a platform.

What is he doing for the JFSC? The American Idol show no longer exists on Stickam, and nothing has been heard from Gina or King for a year or so. Hell, come to think of it, I think the last time I heard anything from JFSC was around the time the Midget's weiner was revealed and that was May 2009.

I don't think Eric the Midget has anything to do with Fratto anymore, not since the show started making fun of Fratto for being owned by the Midget. Does anybody know when the last call Fratto made into the show was? I think it involved Jeff the Drunk, but I can't be sure.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

Possibly funny but I don't think they would do it just because he's got family and friends and they would freak the gently caress out.

Plus it would buy into the Midget drama. Right now ETM wants back on the show but to maintain whatever 'dignity' he has. As you can tell, he's not holding out. If he wanted to vanish, he would simply stop posting YouTube videos. Like always, he wants stuff his way and his way only, and this whole 'stop annoying me' thing is just his way of playing his little mind games. Honestly, at this point it's perfect: you don't have dead air, you don't have the petty games. You can get enough midget insanity for a little bit via YouTube, laugh that the little rear end in a top hat still thinks he's important, and then go on with what remains of the show. Honestly, the ETM as we knew him is dead. It died with Artie's contract. And since there's only nine real hours to the show anymore, why waste that with a pathetic midget who just rambles on and refuses to add content to the show?

ETM is fine where he is: fighting imaginary battles, faking anger, and pretending that the world is against him.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

scapulataf posted:

My reasoning behind it was that he would go insane and call in to the show, prompting either "we told you you would call back" or "How do we know its really you, and not some recordings made a few weeks ago" hopefully culminating in something similar to when he threatened to break Fred's fingers.

No need. After eight years of this nonsense, the only real question is when he'll call in of his own accord under some stupid rationale that can only come from the giant head of a tiny person with a big ego. I doubt he ever stopped calling in and waiting on hold.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

No one taking the Artie chair, plus a three day week, plus a four hour show, plus no Bubba, should equal a ton of cancellations. Why not at least have Jim Breuer or Colin Quinn sit in ONE day a week? The sad thing is, at this point now that Howard has his contract done, I doubt he even cares. If he doesn't retire after this five years he really will turn into his worst nightmare: Imus.

What's the over/under on a cowboy hat?

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Tuddle is a pussy compared to Tom the Treeman.

Yes! And speaking of him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoOKk_0Yt5U

I love how Manson looks like a ghetto Harry Potter at the thirty-five second mark. Ah, Manson. :allears:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

sedative posted:

Over. No, wait. Under. Yeah, definitely under.

Maybe Robin will be the one who adapts the hat. Looking at her on Joy Behar, I don't think her hair is long for this world. Seriously, I think she pulls it back to hide that she has a sevenhead.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

I don't understand the mechanics of this.

Tying her hair back into a silly poof takes the focus off of her hairline where a normal hairstyle would make it look like Robin's covering up her baldness.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

I dunno, if that's what she's trying for then it's a pretty silly tactic. It's like how Mitch Albom tries to take focus off his freakish Ferengi ears by growing his hair over them.

Yeah. I'm not saying it's working, but that seems to be the intent. She looks like Pineapple Pokopo with a weird Joker grin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Anybody catch hints of the Eric the Midget Presentation next week?

They're never going to let him on the show again, are they? They get their fill from the YouTube clips and past hits.