Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I wish they'd move all the Benjy relationship talk to the Who Gives A poo poo Channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I miss Howard picking up on calls from wack packers :(

If I were up in New England I would be hitting every trailer court and efficiency motel in Vermont looking for Bigfoot it is.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

Weird that the first thing I thought of when I heard Patrice O'Neal died is that Artie Lange is still living, and he tried to kill himself. Artie is one of the luckiest people around

Artie was fat (and I guess still is) but Patrice was enormous. Whichever guest on Tough Crowd who was sitting next to him was dwarfed. Nick and Patrice were the ultimate comedy combo on that show, and I hope Nick properly eulogizes him tonight.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The countdown to a Katy Perry KC's Gay song starts now!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

prefect posted:

When Fratto gets on the air, he usually gets a plug for something he's doing. Or getting ETM some media presence allows him to exercise his tiny, angry fists of power. Or they could just be desperate for attention.

Does he still have his motorcycle shop or his pasta sauce?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

-Atom- posted:

I can't believe Mutt closed SFN.

Today is a good day.

How the gently caress am I supposed to keep tabs on what Zolar is up to now?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Jason Kaplan hosting yet another show. Fantastic.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

qbert posted:

It seems like everyone else at least makes an attempt to lose weight once in a while (except maybe Hein, but he just looks fat), but Jason only seems to care about how much mayo is on his Subway sandwich.

Kaplan came in second to Benjy in the weight loss contest, but he really porked-up after his wedding. And the thought of Boy Toucher Hein eating McDonalds burgers without condiments continues to disgust me. He wants to taste the meat?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I don't remember Jim Belushi doing anything on SNL except for a Weekend Update piece where he did his brother's "Well excuse me" bit and claimed that John had willed it to him, which was pretty hosed up.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Still one of my favorite parodies ever on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaShH-FSnlI

Why does every trip to a Stern Show Youtube clip end up being 30 minutes of listening to songs about KC?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Take solace that, in living in NY, California, and Massachusetts, Nick's vote has never mattered. Most of the Mass conservatives I know are Irish guys around Nick's age who are still pissed off about bussing.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Vakal posted:

On the Stern show he always had to reign himself in as he didn't want offend a potential friend of Howard's, but now he couldn't care less.

That would be every time Jon Bon Jovi was in the studio for an interview.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kelly posted:

What is the name of the headphones that Howard and Co. use? Something like - perfect fit?

Edit: found it - Ultimate Ears! They have some lower end ear buds I was thinking about getting.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears...CD1W4WHXEXTRA3B

I thought they hurt his ears and he went back to the old ones. Of course, there's a 99% chance that was hypochondria.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

It can't be healthy, putting foreign objects in your ear canals like that. Can it? I mean, what is this?

Feh.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Former Human posted:

Every so often a random segment from the show comes back to me and I start laughing out of nowhere and people look at me like a lunatic. Most recently I remembered when they goofed on Larry King for making a weird snorting noise. I can't find it on youtube unfortunately.

From one of my favorite "What do you do for a living?" moments on the show, the brilliant Howard poem "Looky here looky here, you make money 'cause you can steer." comes to me whenever I have to deal with a truck driver.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Vakal posted:

Just a warning, Nick and Artie's show is on again, but it's some other guys covering for them until after the new years

These guys are not comedians at all and the show is %100 sports and loving boring as hell.

Which is the opposite of when Jim Rome goes on vacation and we are blessed with the Sklar Brothers, Jay Mohr (6000 Gary Unmarried jokes) and random people from Entourage guest hosting.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

qbert posted:

Are they still off this week? I thought it was a two week vacation?

If a holiday falls on a weekend, I'm sure he gets a day off to make up for it. I'm a lowly civil servant and I get the same deal. I bet Nick and Artie have to work though.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kelly posted:

Are they taking the whole week off? If they are in tomorrow, it only ends up being a two day work week for him.

They just worked two four day weeks in December. Let the man have his rest.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

All holiday break bobo would wake up at 5am, go down to the ocean and write down questions like "How beautiful is Beth" and practice saying them until Howard came back on the air.

It's also funny because you just know at some points in his private life, "bobo" pops into his head.

Bobo only has a few months left to get his youngest son into Howard's secret underground bunker so he can survive the Mayan apocalypse.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I'd rather talk about Maryanne from Brooklyn. Her voice is kind of annoying, isn't it?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

GAME TIME!

Is this A) The cast of the Next Celebrity Apprentice or B) guests booked for next month?

Clay Aiken, Michael Andretti, Teresa Giudice, Victoria Gotti, Lisa Lampanelli, Dayana Mendoza, Dee Snider, Paul Teutul, Sr., Arsenio Hall, Adam Carolla, Lou Ferrigno, Penn Jillette, George Takei, Cheryl Tiegs, Debbie Gibson, Tia Carrere, Aubrey O'Day, and Patricia Velásquez

Arsenio would be a get. I don't know if he ever went on the show to discuss their feud.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

seafoam posted:

I sure miss Hateman.

I want to ask Artie to get Kriegel to say "Lick me you loving coon" but there's no way it would happen on regular radio.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

haljordan posted:

Billy West as Marge Schott all day, every day.

If it wasn't for Stern Spotlight I wouldn't know that the professor on Futurama was John Cardinal O'Connor. I did however know that Zap Brannigan was George Takai Jr.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I would listen to Artie and Brian Jones talk about Smokey and the Bandit for the whole three hours. I never did hear the last hour, since their excellent technology and engineering person posted the second segment twice on the downloads page.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Now that Nick and Artie are on in San Francisco I hope that little pecker calls in to talk about the Oakland A's.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

I consider myself a nice, friendly person but for some reason whenever I listen to the show I keep thinking about calling up just to troll the poo poo out of Nick and get Artie to laugh at him. Nick can definitely make me laugh, but I really consider him unlikable as a person :shobon:

I want to call up and find out who the gently caress in Massachusetts pronounces Cincinnati the way Nick does. I never heard it in the Lowell metro or in South Boston. It's almost as annoying as Bubba's inability to say Bradenton or New Smyrna.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

chiz posted:

How does Nick pronounce it? I live in MA and pronounce it "sin-sin-natty"

edit; or maybe "sin-suh-natty"

sin sin aoughty, with the aou syllable obnoxiously drawn out like a guy doing a bad Kennedy impression. Figures their most regular caller would be Tim from Cincinnati.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

In his infinite cruelty God will allow the Midget to live past the run of the show and die in obscurity. Unmourned, unloved, and with one phrase running through his dying midget mind: "Who's High Pitch? This is Kelly Clarkson."

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Spacemonkey57 posted:

4 - I thought his psychiatrist made him start balancing his own checkbook. Did that not last?

How will his assistant Laura buy him rubbers if she doesn't have the checkbook?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Worst Nick and Artie Show guest toss up: Bob Levy or Kamal from the Jerky Boys?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

So I'd have to say Stephen A. Smith.

I also enjoy calling radio shows with my trac phone while standing in a subway tunnel next to an electrical transformer.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

ChaosMonkey posted:

Now all I want is to hear Bob Levy try to say "emasculating."

Lampignelli.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Qaz Kwaz posted:

"You see, with the constant fat jokes?"

If I hadn't been listening to Stern so long and invested in all the guys... I think I'd make Nick & Artie my go-to show. Yeah, there are no bits, no A level guests, no song parodies, no Nick & Artie TV, but the pure comedy is better.

Artie did a hell of a song parody on Friday.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, I wish they would sort out their technical details. The show from that sports bar was horrible, echos, poor sound and other issues make it hard to listen to.

Even the best remotes always sound like poo poo.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

One of Bubba's few redeeming qualities since they became the Ron Paul Show is that they do a good job of revealing some of the sleazier local charities.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Gary Garver at this point is in the "jilted woman" category with Chaunce Hayden. As for Levy, this can never be posted enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNlH27rADI

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I suggest acquiring a through knowledge of Northeastern sports and Robert Shaw movies to achieve maximum Nick and Artie enjoyment.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Kelly posted:

Is Howard off this week, too?

Edit: after looking around a bit, (the thread had fallen to the bottom of SFN, so I didn't see it at first) he is off today but back tomorrow.

I'm honestly surprised that Sirius isn't contractually obligated to give him both Washington's and Lincoln's birthday off.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I tried watching Quinn's one man show when HBO had it on heavy rotation and it was hacky as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I would have kept making Ralph's best Midget noises and dropping ack acks until they threw me out. Then again, I'm relistening to the '07 shows where he's being particularly ungrateful and creepy.