Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
I'd push the shark jump just past the wedding and right around the time of the review of the Sirius/XM Merger. The wedding gave us planning neurosis and Sal's invite/uninvite debacle.

The Merger gave us...Jim Cramer as a guest, and rants about the "Audio Entertainment market" I understand this was using his platform/voice to further something he had a financial interest in, but it was boring as all hell after the 3rd time it was brought up and brought some of the "Out of touch" of Howard and Robin into the spotlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Funny that he gets involved now. I can't believe they (Sirius Management) never had a plan B.

I'm guessing there will be no more live Sirius shows and Bubba would just charge them a syndication fee to replay a previsouly recorded show.

I think Tim confirmed this without explicitly saying it on the Wrapup show last week. Exclusive, uncensored content is contracted to RadioIO from Bubba. Short of producing an additional element expressly for Sirius (I don't think theres enough hours in the day?) All they'd be negotiating with him is a terrestrial replay.

Which in a roundabout way has us paying for content that is available free on the terrestrial carriers website.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
Did anyone catch Howard all but admit to 3 day weeks on Piers Morgan? It was right as I flipped it on, but during the money discussion he justified the new contract being less money due to less hours? He then went on to spin it as more money, I guess due to less hours / same pay?

I'm not sure I'm willing to pay for 2 days a week worth of "Best of" elements from 1992 during my drive time.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Smeep posted:

Howard gets grossed out when someone he knows cooks food for him. He really is Howard Hughes at this point. The transition is complete.

He was in full Hughes mode this morning. Did you hear the meeting he had at his apartment last night? He railed on Gary for about 10 minutes about coughing. Gary claimed that it was a wheat thin caught in his throat, but Howard insisted "You're sick! There was phlegm! And Germs! I'm never having anyone over in my office again!"

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
I guess I'm biased by being in the Kevin Smith "demographic" (30/white/comic nerd/into indie films when Clerks broke)

But to all the people saying Kevin Smith isn't relevant, I'd almost make the argument that he's a better fit for the "King of all Modern Media" title that Howard professes himself to be.

Off the top of my head for Kevin Smith:
- Upcoming Film
- Back Catalogue of films (varying quality but 4 or so even have their own established "universe")
- An animated series
- Weekly podcasts
- A well followed twitter, that generated a mainstream news story
- Has written story lines on at least 2 major comics huge characters from each publisher (Batman and Daredevil)

So thats print, online, film and television. All current within the last 10 or so years.

Howard Stern:
- 2 best selling books (Early 90's)
- 1 fairly successful movie ($41M domestic according to wikipedia)
- 4(?) day a week shows on a subscriber only media
- 2 Six day sprints on twitter
- Son of the beach...
- Popular syndicated terrestrial radio show.

Current to the last decade, we have free radio, pay radio and...Please correct me if I've omitted anything.

I dont mean to completely poo poo on Howard, nor do I mean to put over Kevin Smith to a serious degree. I just had to offer a counterpoint to: "Feh, who is he, what has he done? Bring in Lisa Lampinelli, Joan Rivers and later we'll have a phone call from Debbie Gibson and the Barbie twins!"

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

heavy liquid posted:

Don't forget the E! show which ran from 1994-2005 and seemed to be on whenever I flipped by the channel. Over 2,000 episodes!

Valid point! And I also forgot HowardTV. Subscriber only as well, but that is a serious broadcast length.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Someone please please please get this midget on SA.

"Cyber-Bullying" a 33 year old disabled midget in a wheelchair should not be this hilarious! But holy poo poo, I cant stop laughing at that letter. It also took me maybe 15 minutes to read it, because "I- had to....put...it- into..his voice"

Is he a Frank Oz puppet? A caricature of entitlement and angst? Someone is writing this as a grand troll/viral campaign, right?

I'm a bit hesitant to believe even the most delusional of people can type out a list of demands, accuse the internet of bullying them, and claim their posts on a message board as your own IP, and step back, read it over and think "Yeah...post that poo poo!"

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm listening to the show from 10-02-07 instead of the awesome 1980's Dee Snider interview today, and about 30 minutes into the show a caller ragged on Howard for sneaking out on Fridays and loving subscribers over (that must have been a recent development at the time).

I found that ironic.

"...I was just about to say that"

In all seriousness, I've been working my way through that Artie Lange Addiction Saga MP3 set, and theres mention of the 4 day week in there. Its in Segment 1, just past the 4 hour mark, and timeline-wise its around the filming of Beer League and the Subutex cleanup (for the first time)

Howard was going on about how Artie didnt need this movie, and shouldnt do sitcoms, etc. Sirius was going to be a good thing, 10 weeks off, 4 days a week, plenty of time for side projects!

It struck me as really odd, as I remember Sirius Friday shows, and I remember him hating on people taking Fridays off.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Anything else Robin?

The show is Dark on Monday with a Hard Out of 10 on Tuesday!

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Is this worth listening to?

Not in the least. Theres Stern/Artie mentions peppered through it only to promote an unrelated fundraiser. Save yourself the hour.

Artie got some attractive women in his time though, I'm impressed.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

I'm looking back and forth between the two right now and I cannot stop laughing.

Also I loved the bit with the crazy webcam chick today, Richard and Sal's calls are still highlights of the show for me and when they started trolling her in-person I was in heaven. It really reminded me of how much Howard's lost his bite though, she kept saying "I'm not going to answer that!" and "This isn't the sex show!" whenever he'd go into her personal life, and I kept waiting for Howard to go "Well why the gently caress did you come in here if you're not going to answer anything? This is the sex show. This is MY show!" but he just sorta let it pass by even though it happened 5-6 times.

I do more than my share of bitching about the current state of the show in this thread, but that segment with the parrot/pet woman today reminded me of why I pay for Sirius.

Howard taking on the mentally unbalanced is solid gold, and what hooked me years back! I didn't flip to Playboy or Faction for the entire segment, which is rare these days.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Whoa! Not trying to bust your balls or anything, but is there really something listenable on there? I mean, I have tried to give it a shot but every time I turn it on it seems like its just some babbling cunts talking to some really pathetic guy on the phone.

You've summed it up pretty well, and I dont have much of a defense. The morning show is just barely better than the local morning zoos here in Vancouver. Otherwise, I listen to it for the same reason that I was riveted by the internet radio lady today. Radio hosts questioning the mentally ill, unfortunately on Playboy they're actually nice to them, when radio gold could be had by grilling these freaks.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
"The best instrumental ever was written by Mr. Leslie West."

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
I'm in the "hate to agree with them" pile as well. I guess I have to wish for anyone to fill the Artie chair rather than Artie coming back.

I'd see a potential Artie studio visit going 2 ways.

1) A whitewashed interview about "A dark place" and how the doctors are "Great guys" and "big fans of the show" and they help on his road to recovery. Then he'll be rushed out of the studio with well wishes and not mentioned again for 12 months.

2) The interview from above, but with callers. The first one is Yucko, making a lovely "Stab yourself" joke, next up are 3 seperate callers who think they'll be funny by opening the call with "Waaaaahhh!"

Any serious discussion of Artie's problem would have to address the ~15 months where Artie was irritable, sleeping, violent or absent while Howard took no notice and admonished everything with "Its great when Artie is here and we really like him being part of the show"

Thank you to whoever posted the "Artie Lange Addiction Saga" in the last thread. The guy is annoying and thinks he's a Hot Jock, but the concentration of content in 6 MP3s is amazing. Listening to it and listening to the current shows are a stark contrast.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

sedative posted:

from marksfriggin:

* :lol::lol::lol:

Holy poo poo! How does Sirius look at a deal/demand like that, and sign off on it, and then ask Bubba to work for 100k and Adam Corolla to work for free?

When I worked for a phone company a "shareholders action group" was created to overturn business decisions twice as sound as that one. Does Don Buckwald have some seriously incriminating photos of Mel Karmazan or something?

And 30 years of content, or whatever he wants to pass off his reruns as? I love the old bits and fights, but listening to a play through in its entirety from 1993 just comes off as dated and boring. That President Clinton sure does like to chase the ladies!

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

How come Howard can use his mind to fix his back pain (thanks to DOCTOR JOHN SARNO) but he can't use his mind to fix his imaginary angst?

Three days of therapy a week. I loved how George was like "I don't understand. Why?"

Disclaimer: I know money doesnt buy happiness, and all the other trite crap that can be used to explain away my question

What the hell is the skeleton in the closet that makes a (near)billionaire, married to a supermodel, who works 4 days a week so unhappy/angsty/neurotic?

I know he was bullied for his race/religion, told he was worthless by his parents, busted his rear end for every rung in the career ladder he's climbed, and had his rear end checked with a flashlight for pinworms.

People have put up with way worse, and topped out with an average looking wife and a 60ka year job. Look to any middle/high school thread in GBS or PYF for some examples.

Hearing him berate the wannabe musician that called in this morning turned my stomach. He's at the top of the game, and somehow seems far angrier than any of the Jake LaMotta type DJ's who never had a shot outside a local Top-40 market. Theres got to be an issue that drives 3 visits to therapy a week, but I dont think its anything thats been revealed on air so far.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

I don't want to encroach on the Mad Doctor's territory, but Howard's "family" issues are probably something as mundane as "A random third cousin got knocked up at 15 and is now asking me for money, do I tell them to gently caress off and not set a precedent for tertiary begging relatives (Cousin Richie) or do I help them because it seems like a legitimate cause".

I'm sure it's extremely boring and only an issue to Howard because his ego has turned whatever random thing it is into HIS problem.

If it was a legit scandal or anything of any interest, TMZ would have poked it up by now.

I'll throw my crazy theory out. Closet homosexuality. Covered up by a 30 year career of bikinis, tickle chairs, and sybian rides. It also explains Ralphs presence and the extreme willingness to pay a huge price to anyone who can keep things confidential.

It can also explain:
- 1st divorce
- 2nd wife (model) with a cold fish sex life
- parental/family issues
- Obsession with cleanliness and hiding his jerk rags, etc.

Wow, I almost believe my own bullshit.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

haljordan posted:

How many people are actually on the Howard 100 news team? You could probably get that job done with a high school intern.

I dont "get" the Howard 100 News team. Their update is right in the middle of my drive time, more often than not its Lisa G gushing over Howard and Beth, and they seem to actually take themselves seriously as journalists.

I'll give them credit that they've been the catalyst for some huge bits/ show drama, but overall they're an unnecessary bunch of wankers.

Given Sirus' financial troubles pre-merger, I've never understood why they havent given the job to interns. Assume 30k plus Benefits per person, just as a number I have no clue if I'm close. I count Lisa G, Hi-Pitch Mike, Ralph Howard, Steve Langford and a Manager that was mentioned this morning. There, I've just saved 150k annually.

I've omitted Shuli from that list as I think he's funny, a talented writer, and I know he's pulling duties for other channels at Sirus.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
Oh good, Denise Richards in today.

Hopefully next week Jillian Barberie comes in so we can hear how Howard "shoulda banged her" when he was single, and how hard he would've given it to her.

I have to agree with Denise though, Beth will be pregnant within a year if she and Howard "talked" about it last night.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Those demands are ridiculous. Eric is out of his god-damned mind.

I wanted to love that bit so much, and it was the first time since the Kendra saga that I've sat in the office parking lot and listened for an extra 15 minutes. It started to come off as a little forced, and really started to smell of a "work"

The midget is detached from reality for sure, but I dont think he's at the level of detachment where he thinks Athletics, Giants, UFC and WWE tickets are a reasonable demand, along with starring television roles and a carte blanche whorehouse trip, all in compensation for calling into a radio show.

I found it interesting that Pit Boss was willing to put him on, contingent that he call into the Stern Show. Thats kind of a unique promotion method and I was impressed.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Given all the stories I've heard of Heather taking care of him, wiping his rear end, and loving him while he ate fast food....no, I can understand it. In fact, I don't even blame her. She had to put up with Bubba being a pig for quite a while and that would make anybody snap. Not to mention she's in the prime of her life while his show is falling apart.

It was his first wife who wiped his rear end, back when he was over 400lbs or something. And then he cheated on her.

I'm in the genuinely surprised camp that Heather would run around on him. While I know he occasionally ignored her to groove tires or eat a BK Stacker, I don't think he was ever the sexual dynamo that gave it to her as often as she wanted. He was an FM Jock who was running hard with the "redneck gimmick" when she hooked up with him, so I don't think weekends at the track and hanging with Tony Stewart are exactly unexpected.

I agreee, Bubba is dumb as hell, but I think he's a decent family man who's worked as hard as possible to provide a great life for his family. Its a lovely year, Sirius Lowball, RadioIO being a huge flop, and the wife loving her personal trainer. I'd maybe lock his guns up for a bit if I were a close friend.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

9th anniversary of his debut. Probably nothing amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ericthebedhumper2#p/u/6/KDKr4RpRyQM

I disagree, its something amazing.

"I've got to comment quickly on this Eric thing because I've got Tony Bennett coming in."

We joke about Joan Rivers and Lisa Lampinelli, but Tony Bennett? Shame I wasnt carpooling with my grandpa this morning, he loves that guy.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Rodney the Piper posted:

Am I the only one that listens to Ferrall? Guy's insane.

I'm usually out of the car by 5PM when he starts, but he's seriously a factor in keeping my subscription alive. He suffers from a bit of the Sirius problem of focusing on North Eastern teams (Steelers, Penguins, Rangers, Jets seem to be the favorite topics) But his frenetic approach to sports talk blows Mad Dog out of the water.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Kelly posted:

2 Broke Girls wasn't terrible. It had a laugh track which usually turns me off, but I thought it was decent. Still, two shows on in one season - not bad.

This is what I'm thinking, shes trying hard and if it doesn't pay off with these two shows, shes bound to hit something soon.

I'll give it 2 years to this date for her to find a legitimate foothold and not have to pimp herself so hard. From there she'll get some genuine recognition (An Emmy or the like) And Howard will rant for 45 minutes (on his 2 day a week show at this point) about how he discovered her and gave her a first break, and he wasn't even thanked!

See when Paul Giamatti won for John Addams for proof.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
Gloria Estefan today? I missed the intro this morning and picked up maybe 10 or 15 minutes into the interview. I was racking my brain trying to think of another musician named Gloria who was Cuban and lived in Miami who might be slightly more current, but no, Miami Sound Machine it is.

An appearance on the Stern show now might just cement you as a "has been"

I realize theres a lot of exemptions to this. Lady Gaga, Whitney Cummings, Seth Rogen and Gerard Butler all come to mind. But Leslie West, Tony Bennett and Gloria Estefan are all decent counter arguments.

"We don't actively book guests!"

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Kelly posted:

I was listening to the Sal and Beth fiasco after the roast where he called her horse face, and I do think Beth is a very nice person. I think she is probably very normal too, which makes me wonder how she sticks with Howard who is old enough to be her father and a major weirdo.

I went back and listened to the Horse Face comment as I wasnt a subscriber around the time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIrG0El50zc for anyone interested)

I think this was blown way out of proportion by Beth and or Howard. I get that its not cool to crack on someone who isn't there and isn't a part of the show, but in the context of a roast, I dont think there should've been 2 years of fallout from this one.

The youtube clip has the horse face joke immeaditely following a joke about a gay man who died from AIDS. I know cracks were made towards Mr. X. when he was in the picture and I'm fairly certain jokes around Dana or Christine Governale have been made during a roast. Saying "No holds barred...except for my beautiful wife" is a pansy thing to do, and I dont think it would've flown with the Howard Stern I started listening to in the mid 90s.

It was uncalled for and hardly funny in the first place, but 2 years of being butthurt over it is hosed up.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
I gleaned 2 interesting things from the Perez Hilton interview today (Serious, stay with me)

1 - An outright admission to 3 day weeks "I work 3 days a week now" Not shocking, but I expected a couple months more dance around "Producing content" and "Other talent on the channels" before big reveal.

2 - During a discussion of Lindsey Lohan, Howard or Robin bring up that Lindsey's parents are scumbags and partially responsible for the gently caress up she is. Perez answers with "Yeah, but after a couple years on your own, you have to take some of the responsibility for it yourself"

I loved that this could not have fallen on a more deaf set of ears. A man pushing 60 with 2 decades of therapy under his belt thats irreparably screwed up because his mom checked his whole rear end in a top hat with a flashlight and his dad ignored that he was being beaten for being different.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
Howard actually read an email bashing Bobo the other day. I was shocked when he actually read the part that said (paraphrased) "Bobo is an idiot, he only calls with complements and bullshit that he knows will get him on the air."

I thought to myself "Wow, did the 4th wall just break?"

No sooner did the thought complete than Howard answers "The fact of the matter is...Bobo tells it like it is. And I'm gonna keep taking his calls."

I'd love to join the droves of people in this thread that cancel, but my local radio is way too lovely for me to fathom the thought. The 15/month is my absolute pricepoint though. The second they try and raise Sirus Canada above that, I'm back to podcasts and burned CDs.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
I thought nothing could make me nostalgic for the days of "You see Robin...theres this SIM card thing, and I'm going to revolutionize..."

And then I heard cat chat with Hamptons Howie. Seriously? A show that once had a tickle chair and a robo spanker has become "...And my cat Walter, he has such personality, I just love cats.."

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

godzirraRAWR posted:

Wonder if they played any of the Artie clips making fun of Chaz/Chastity Bono for her/his appearance today.

Talk about awkward.

Or footage from when Howard ripped on the news footage of him shaving his neckbeard.

I reached for the dial when I started to hear the replay of Chaz in studio. I leave work at 4PM PST though and there isnt a hell of a lot else on. I gave it a shot and it was mildly interesting. He was on a top reality show, generated a lot of mainstream controversy/buzz, so I actually think this is a pretty big get for an interview.

The ~40 minutes of it that I heard didnt center too much around DWTS, covered a lot of interesting things about Chaz's upbringing, and handled the gender transition pretty well. I even thought about the thread when I got home, I have something that isnt completely hateful towards the show to post.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

I wish they'd move all the Benjy relationship talk to the Who Gives A poo poo Channel.

I caught this today and thought they'd dropped it. When they had her in to sing her mediocre song, she was pretty adamant that he was "friend zone'd."

Now they're moving in together, but they haven't had sex yet, and she apparently likes him?

I dont know if its schtick for airtime, or what the hell, but if she thinks this is a decent way to get her name out there, I dont think its going to bring in the iTunes sales he told her it will.

Of course it should be that she changed her mind and is suddenly attracted to an unattractive man who acts weird, works on a (perceived) vulgar show and lies about her age.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
Wow...Chuck Zito. I'm about the biggest fan of Oz that ever lived, so I always gave his interviews and his Monday afternoon show a chance, but holy poo poo, how many inflated tales of fist fights and banging chicks in a restaurant bathroom am I expected to listen to?

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

This whole Benjy relationship thing is so fake and even worse completely unfunny. This show is stupid :(

100% Agreed. To compound the sadness, Benjy is the closest thing we're getting to an Artie replacement on the Stern show, Period.

He's the youngest person on the show by 10 years, he actively writes, he's out pursuing relationships and experiences and he works a gimmick angle that brings attention to the show.

This isnt a defense of him in any way, I hate the guy. But when you compare it to a married 60 year old, a 60 year old destined to die a spinster, and a (50ish? Fred?) married father. Benjy is the closest to the "everyman" demographic they've got. Pathetic.

On another note, this Eric the Midget thing has to be faked, right? Theres no way that him and/or Fratto can be delusional enough to think that a 4 line, walk on part deserves 5 Star accommodations and a stretch limo? It has to be a promotional deal and everyone is in on the angle to get In Plain Sight named on the air daily, right?

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Kt88 posted:

Why is Howard trying to sound like some tough guy - "Ill destroy anyone with my fists if they mess with me". Yip sure thing.

I dont know where the hell this came from either. It was the first thing I heard as I started the car this morning, about how he's been in more fights than Muhammad Ali and he'd break Howie's nose if he tried to "prank" him. It was like a rehash of "I'm the prankster!" but injected with testosterone.

During the last Chuck Zito visit Howard explained that he dropped karate because hitting the board scuffed up his knuckles.

His line of questioning with those transsexual actresses today was borderline revolting. "Lemme see your cock!" "Whats the biggest penis you've taken in your fake vagina?" "Do you dance around and attract the guys at clubs like that?"

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

bisticles posted:

This is good stuff

I knew something brilliant happened when I saw 52 new posts but, Holy crap! Howard slept on the couch last night for sure!

Beth got accused of taking a picture that was "too intimate" and she gets stampy, deletes the photo and refuses to call back in. Wouldnt a rational response be for her to say "What? Its just a picture...I'm not cheating, you're being stupid!"

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

haljordan posted:

He takes a little too much pride at hanging out at them so often. Strip clubs really are incredibly skeezy places.

I've never understood the love or the airtime that Ronnie gets. Every single strip club I've been to has an equivalent of Ronnie in it. Right down to the looks, though usually they're more overweight.

He's always in gyno-row, right down in the corner. He knows all the dancers real names, calling them Michelle when the DJ is announcing for Destiny to get on stage. I've even been there when he arrives, and gets a "Norm" style greeting, and of course he's brought coffee for the entire dance card that day.

Ronnie has managed to take this act on the road somehow, and I really cant place why but this pisses me off.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

haljordan posted:

Wait, it ISN'T?! *hurriedly rewrites parents' 35th wedding anniversary toast*

Didnt he bust this out at Bubba's wedding?

This was also around the time Bubba printed up t-shirts with Ronnie's saying on it and then had to eat the cost and not distribute them because Howard didnt give it the OK.

Normally that'd piss me off, but because it was Ronnie, I understood.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

Explain gyno-row and "Norm" style greetings for the rest of us.

"Norm" Greeting is a Cheers reference, like how when he'd walk in the entire bar would should "Norm!"

gyno-row: (Also called Perv Row, Sniffers Row) the very front seats at or around the stage.

In my defense, I used to travel a lot for work, and I guess the popular place to take a vendor thats on an expense account is a strip club. Its one thing to go in for some beers and a plate of wings. But bringing the dancers a latte and a handful of Sharpies (I dont know either) is a suspect move.

e:f,b

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Kelly posted:

Honestly I just started playing Red Dead Redemption and I was a little annoyed I had to stop to watch this. That there is my level of commitment to AGT.

This, except Minecraft.

Howard did really well, and I think the "chat" segment with him and the judges, and his neurotic episode in the elevator were killer.

But someone earlier in the thread summed AGT up as "Star Search 2.0" and thats exactly it. The variety show format isnt going to hold my attention throughout the season.

Also, I'm good for 1 or 2 Vegas trips a year, and I'd never pay $80 to see Terry Fator. Thats the only product of AGT I can name, and only because he's plastered all over billboards between the Excalibur and the Luxor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
Bought a car with XM only a month ago (Canadian) and for the first time I'm pissed I wont get to hear the show tomorrow! Surprised they arent on vacation, Henry Hill died.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/12/henry-hill-dead-goodfellas/