Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
One must also keep in mind that Stern and Trump have similar ideas about celebrity, i.e. that being a celebrity is good and admirable and exciting in and of itself. And they were both yuuuuuuge celebrities in the somewhat insular world of New York City, so they respected one another in that somewhat shallow way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

marksfriggin posted:

I want to have the freedom to turn the radio off when I hear an awful Jon Blitt bit.

Hahahahaha same, buddy! All of Blitt's bits are just "lol GAY".

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
His absolute worst political opinions are about this topic; I will assiduously avoid hearing what he has to say.

The really annoying thing is how dutifully Robin parrots his terrible anti-Muslim takes. A few years back, in reference to something the Iranian government had done, she chirped, “Someone’s asking for a nuking!” (And this was after ayahuasca allegedly taught her infinite compassion.)

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
It’s his faaaav’rit

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Agreed on Fratto -- he didn't get that the Stern show is not pro wrestling. What has always made it compelling is the realness of it. Like, we all know that the "phoney phone calls" are heavily worked, and staff conflicts are ginned up, but (as just one example), Gary really did take a nap during the show and get called out for it live on the air, and really did have a petulant little feud with Scott DePace as a result.

Caveat: in Stern Show frenemy circles such as Reddit, a common accusation is that almost all of the conflicts etc. that are presented as real are actually "works" cooked up in the writers' room. It's possible that some of the real-seeming stuff is, but as for the bulk of it ... it's still real to me, dammit!!

Bonus: relive the glory and horror of Gary's sleeping mouthparts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYKsUvO7Dlw

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Squashy Nipples posted:

I'm having a harder and harder time laughing along with Ronnie, his dementia is getting so bad. :smith:

Why do you CAYUR, dude?! What’s it to ya??

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Oh yeah, I’ve got dementia, sure man. Totally demented, that’s me. I admit it! Yer right! What’s yer prahblum, duude?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Ether Frenzy posted:

DePace is a stupid loser who's always wrong, so that tracks

How dare you malign the genius inventor of the Video Caddy!

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
RIP to a truly legendary professional slacker/hanger-on. It takes a particular kind of talent to chill out in an endless adolescence without becoming homeless, and by god he pulled it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKsJ5Fgh_NA

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

DeadBonesBrook posted:

He took the secret of taking the fall for Howard's condoms on the Private Parts set to his grave. What a true Italian. He kept Omerta!

If you listen to the Youtube excerpt above, you will hear Howard say essentially exactly this ... something along the lines of "Ralph knew a lot of very personal things about me, and never breathed a word to anyone."

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

clambake posted:

Naked lesbian bachelor party strippers

Lol did he ever get a single taker on that?? It would be hilarious if daily plugs on a show listened to by millions of people failed to produce any business at all.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Howard mentioned in his obit segment that he spent significant time trying to get Ralph to take care of his health. Whether that extended to offering to pay for insurance or out-of-pocket, he didn’t say.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

euphronius posted:

Howard should open a staff hospital

Or an assisted-living facility :imunfunny:

I would watch the “Stern Show Staff Retirement Home” reality show for sure … Ronnie perving on the nurses, JD getting bullied by the orderlies … Gary failing to notice that his roommate has died while telling him an endless boring story “real quick” …

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
“Now, the bran muffins aren’t my favorite breakfast food in the cafeteria, but they’re the one that tastes best with that first glass of apple juice…”

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

adebisi lives posted:

I'll always remember my early days of Stern consumption - watching the E show in my college dorm and thinking "wow this gay guy with the laser pointer is vicious, I don't see any cellulose on that ladies thigh!"

Hmm … in the Pixar Inside Out model of consciousness, which emotion’s color would that particular Core Memory orb be?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Half of Jeff’s rear end rotted off, he hasn’t been sober a single day since his teens, and his lifestyle could charitably be called “sub-sedentary”. The fucker is immortal.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

MrMidnight posted:

Never understood why they had him on the show so much

Toxic Masculinity. They would’ve had Andrew Tate on the show back in the 90’s or 00’s if he’d been around then.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
He’s not fun, he’s not funny.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
He stepped aside in order to devote more time to making fast-food employees miserable.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Jon "The Boy Toucher" Hein

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
What about your penis?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
LET’S GET RIDDA THESE FUCKIN WIVES

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Mojo what? Who is that, Robin? Gary, do you know who “Moho Nixon” is? Ask Steve Nowicki, that kid’s up on all the new music.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
“Mojo Nixon: We speak your name.”

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
How full is Richard Christy’s diaper right now??

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
I suspect she was more put off by JD rubbing off on her :imunfunny:

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
What the actual gently caress was that

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

wesleywillis posted:

I hate crappaport, can anyone who lasted for the whole thing give us a TL;DR?

It’s a “clever” parody of Hot Ones, in which Rappaport informs the guests midway that they are not actually eating chicken wings, but rather “Hamas poo poo”. Apparently this is a metaphor for what you’re doing if you go to a pro-Palestinian rally.

It is so wrong and stupid in every way that it makes me question the sanity of everyone involved.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Quite the tenses.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Robin is a AI that’s programmed to buy into every New Age “wellness” fad.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Did he reveal whether he’s ever gotten a little mud on the helmet?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
“Sal could donate a lobe of his liver to me while I tongue his taint. It’d be faahhhnnyy.”

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Heyyy bub… I heard that some o’ them Chiefs fans was, uh … losin fingers n’ toes to tha frossbahht .. and ah jus’ wanned ta … make sure you was okay.

If you do get them, lahk, chilblains on yer fingers, just have yer waff do what yer ma does when I gets ‘em, from sloppin out the hogs before dawn in the winner … and uh, rub a little fresh pig fat on ‘em. Works ev’ruh time.

Okay, good ta talk to ya, bub, you take care now.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Wait what? How did they turn their back on him?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
(actually I’d like to touch)

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
I mean, there’s definitely a powerful mind-body connection, which is generally ignored or filed under “psychosomatic” by mainstream medicine. And back pain is one very common way for mental stress and unhappiness to express itself.

But it is definitely not true that *all* back pain is entirely stress-induced, nor that all back pain can be completely alleviated by leveraging the mind-body connection, as Howard believes.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Who’s going to fill the giant shoes of JD’s favorite actor, who played Nordberg in the original movies?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
“Jill Biden: shaved, or full bush?”

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Szyznyk posted:

I… did… not… fake… my… own… death… to… work… at… a… loving… Wendy’s.

Cecil … Gooch … is … too .. a real … name … you jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

Where did they go anyway? :raise:

A farm upstate, where they run and play all day long.