Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Some links to good Stern-related youtube channels for the OP:

http://www.youtube.com/user/h0wardstern143

http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterTubeTheatre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Millstone posted:

I caught that. I was thinking to myself, 'no way, she has to know what she just said.' Unless "youthanize" just became a word

Maybe she's a Megadeth fan.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

-Atom- posted:

I don't like John Hein at all but him fast-forwarding the Christian part in Charlie Brown is really funny to me.

My junior high history class showed Ben-Hur to illustrate ancient Rome, except I went to a public school so they decided they had to fast forward through all the scenes about Jesus. They skipped so much by the end of the movie the plot made no sense.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

King of All Blacks is the creepiest bastard. His story today about saving his wife's sweaty socks and keeping them in a plastic bag so they won't lose the scent... nauseating.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

AxeManiac posted:

Because they wanted a surly fat guy? Don't think Howard cared about Jon until he made Iron Man

Jon Favreau called in on 9-12-01 to say he was a big fan and thank Howard for staying on the air for 9-11. Howard told Jon he loved Swingers too.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNCBESJTFSk

Hahaha, why doesn't he adjust the camera so it isn't aiming at the top of his hat? Maybe he has a laptop with a built-in webcam or something but it looks ridiculous.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I don't know how Fred does it. I timed it: On Tuesday when Howard mentioned he tried green drink at a restaurant but put vodka in it, Fred hit the "vodka straight up thank yooouuuu" clip 2.4 seconds later.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

jerkstore77 posted:

My basis for thinking they're fake is that it just seems like they use the same people for multiple calls. The cancer kazoo jack & rod and the call to the asian clock lady for example really sounds like the same lady.

Two Asian women who sound alike? Whoa!

Mookwarrior posted:

Maybe I'm to cynical, but I figured they kind of had an idea what was going to be discussed maybe even an outline in advance allowing him to be prepared.

You seriously think someone (who?) types up an outline of what Howard will want to talk about every day, including an anecdote about a new restaurant he likes?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

I don't know why Howard complains about his stomach when his face looks like that.

I like how Howard's solution to his belly problem is to jog and diet. How about doing some sit ups? He even has an extra hour every day now to work out.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Sit ups don't make you lose fat in your abdomen, changing body composition is a result of cardio and a reduced caloric intake.
No poo poo Sherlock, but...

quote:

All sit ups do is strengthen/enhance the muscles.
Ok so you DO understand? If he did an hour of sit ups a day his stomach would change its shape and wouldn't look so flabby, which was his complaint.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

no pain no gain

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Why are you arguing over the midsection of a man who will probably get it tucked anyway?

Come on, it's a no-brainer. He's not wearing baggy clothes because it makes him look thinner. He's just wearing them so when he eventually does have a surgery his behavior won't change while he heals.

Yes that sure is a "no-brainer"...

I think more than a few people in this thread are habitually smoking crack while listening to the show.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sizzlechest posted:

Regarding whether or not the interviews are fake, I do think some of the "guests" do sound alike. The guy from the Kirk Douglas/Crackhead Bob interview sounds a lot like the guy from the Dick Clark one.

The wacky theories never end do they? Listen to the two calls again and tell me this is the same guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SkZYDth1wQ#t=1m22s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2d3d76RGes#t=2m44

It's not like you even need to listen to the calls because you can find those guests and the books they were promoting with simple googling:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Hollywood-Be-Thy-Name/Jeff-Lawrence/e/9781598001556

http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Aged-Dating-Again-Blake/dp/1575024233

Unless people think Sal and Richard are such comedy masterminds that they invented the books too.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Yeah, and? You think the people sound alike (when they really don't), but it could be a "voice actor" (but not necessarily the same voice actor) because Sal and Richard might edit the calls with other people for some reason and...

You're right, that makes perfect sense.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Evil Agita posted:

Let's not forget drugged out pissed off Artie calling out Sal for faking his crank calls.

Or calling out Teddy for "robbing his money" (whatever that meant) and a ton of other elaborate stories.

I think we need a psych test for this thread not unlike what Howard and the crew are doing this week. If you think Howard wears a wig, got a tummy tuck, or the phone calls use actors, you might be crazier than Robin.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Evil Agita posted:

Pot calling the kettle black ITT

In which way? It's crazy to think those wacky baseless theories about the show AREN'T true? I mean feel free to elaborate on that instead of using a throwaway line.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Let's not forget that Cabbie also claimed he had a Howard Stern sex tape in his possession and he went on Opie and Anthony to brag about it.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Kelly posted:

This has been driving me crazy all day - what was the movie clip they played during this morning's intro? It was Kevin Spacey, I believe.

Swimming With Sharks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuTt8VljniU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

They never really badmouthed Billy West. After Billy abruptly left and listeners would call in asking about him sometimes Howard would just say "Billy who?"

Billy is a weird guy in general. Listen to his appearance on Greg Fitzsimmons where he doesn't answer half the questions for some reason. He never told anyone except Tom he was leaving the show/station until the day it happened. No one even knew his contract was ending. Right after the show ended that day he said goodbye to people in the office and walked out and hasn't spoken to them since. The guy is hilarious and super talented but he seems really distant and insecure too.

As for Stuttering John, he couldn't take the high road if he had a GPS for it. He doesn't know what the high road is, unless he thinks "high" has to do with inhaling whipped cream. Yeah they goofed on him when he left but they mostly stuck to bashing Jay Leno. John has done an interview or two slamming Howard since leaving.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

No one taking the Artie chair, plus a three day week, plus a four hour show, plus no Bubba, should equal a ton of cancellations. Why not at least have Jim Breuer or Colin Quinn sit in ONE day a week? The sad thing is, at this point now that Howard has his contract done, I doubt he even cares. If he doesn't retire after this five years he really will turn into his worst nightmare: Imus.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Don't forget Artie's impression of Chaz Bono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdePPSq2duM

Wow, it feels like it was last week when I heard this and it was 14 months ago. The past year without Artie was really forgettable.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

We still don't know the full story of how Artie left at the end of 2009. Was he told to take time off for rehab? Was he fired? Or was he still fully employed when he stabbed himself? It would make sense that he was asked to leave and that's one of the things that set him off, but we don't know for sure.

Whatever the version of events, it's been over a year. How much time is enough to move on? The show is suffering for it. Artie is a basketcase and has been since he was a teenager, so they shouldn't feel so restrained by his mental health problems.

I think it's also accurate that Howard isn't focused on filling the Artie chair because he doesn't want to put in the effort to "audition" people or scrounge up the money to pay them. It's easier to do 12 hours a week and play chess.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

He's already shown he can do radio without a loving problem.

Hey Gar, it's Art *cough* I'm not coming in today....

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Rhinacocerus

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Pat Cooper was on Jay Thomas today badmouthing Howard like usual. Apparently he's bothered that Howard went to Sirius and it costs people $13 a month now to hear the show. Meanwhile Pat is saying all this on another Sirius show.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Didn't that never happen? I thought Howard got paranoid that Opie and Anthony fans were going to sneak in and get pictures and post them on the internet and just paid her not to do it.

No, she did the play, called "Kabbalah".

http://www.celebrities-weblog.com/50226711/howard_sterns_daughter_emily_in_nude_role.php

She did another play called "Earth Sucks" but she kept her clothes on in that one.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/hollywood_jew/article/emily_stern_howard_sterns_daughter_on_stage_and_off_20080928/

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Djarum posted:

So he decided the best course of action would be to record the audio tape complaining about how Oprah ignored him and how he finds her "highly disgusting" "at this point" and that "she can't take it with you". Also he stated how he is "keepin' it real". Then sent copies to various people. Howard is the only one who played it.

He had the horrible, droopy man-boobs right?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Djarum posted:

I don't know! I have been obsessed with knowing what he looks like since I first heard the tape. As far as I know he has never been in the studio.

He was on in 2002. I saw the E! show with him and his frightening mantits and I wanted to throw up, unless that was some other wacky gay black dude.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

oh Benjy

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Smeep posted:

ah hahaha, what is that about? I didn't hear the show today, if they talked about it.

That was from the Donald Trump roast years ago. Benjy and Sal's uncle Paulie went around annoying the living poo poo out of everyone coming and going.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Some nice shots of Fred's work area. He has two mice, an audio console and various other equipment, four monitors (at least two showing Prophet), plus a little screen that appears to show the HowardTV camera feed of Howard.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Anyone else catch Robin's attempt to name military ranks yesterday? "Private third class" and "light colonel."

The standards for being a captain in the Air Force must be pretty lax.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Kt88 posted:

Having lurked this thread for years, I am compelled to post because of how haaaarible the show has been recently.

Yep. From checking Marksfriggin I see this past "week" (four days) has been a repetition of the same conversations.

Howard talks about cell phones, Howard talks about his Letterman appearance, Howard talks about Charlie Sheen, Dr. Laura, Piers Morgan...

And these are basically the same topics as last week.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Welp I made the mistake of watching a Kacey Jordan video and her vagina is loving frightening.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

sedative posted:

George Takei! http://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei

"Dear TSA agent: If you touch my junk, I'm going in with tongue."

George is the best.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Smith wasn't a bad guest when he was on years ago, but he's since turned into a giant manchild who makes lame movies and can barely string together a coherent sentence. His latest Q&A videos are especially bad.

On the other hand Howard is a great interviewer so it could have been worth listening to anyway. I guess we'll never know.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Moniker posted:

Any time he cracks some sort of joke on the show I just assume that Benjy or Fred write it. :-/

Fred said on Ferrall's show that when Howard whips out a good one liner it's only written for him about 10% of the time.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

http://www.lawyerratingz.com/ratings/180/Lawyer-Dominic-Barbara.html

"While going thru the worst period of my life he & Cindy Prudinowski royally screwed me. Lied to me tried to get me to lie about my spouse as well. Billed me $500.00 for free consultation. Took 20 grand retainer then would not return phone calls, send invoice or return my funds."

"Dominic is out for Dominic. If you are considering hiring Dominic, do yourself a favor and simply go to your bathroom and flush $20,000 down the toilet."

Took me for a few hundred thousand dollars, and I'm not finished yet since I still have money he wants. Lied and sold me out.Plan on suing him for malpractice."

"This guy really is a piece of work. He billed me over $40K. When I spoke to another lawyer the guy told me it should have been around $4K."

"didnt return calls, wouldnt account for where my money went, never saw a bill until after the case was over...and saw 'lawyers' names on the bill for appearances who I never met."

"This frim has no communication values and work quality is very very poor. Example- Firm doen't return any phone calls properly and there fees are very very questionable. This firm is not to be trusted in my opinion. They say what they are goint to do for you but in the end nothing gets accomplished. They just ask for more and more and more money and you still see no results and finally have to seek a new lawyer after all is said and done ."

"Stay away from this lawyer if you dont want to end up broke during your divorce.You never see him unless there is a trial scheduled, & basically at your trial he is there as a second attorney just to raise your fees on paying for 2 attorneys showing up at court."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Djarum posted:

I found out about this from a friend who works for a major news outlet.

Yeah well I heard from 'a friend' who works for a 'major government agency' that everything you heard is wrong :smug: