Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Wrap-up show in the middle of the day on 100 is seriously loving up my listening schedule. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

On the technology tip, here is a quote from the howardstern.com rundown of Monday's show:

quote:

[Palin] lists Congresspeople who are against guns...each person on the map here--like for example, here’s her name: Gabrielle Giffords. These are people ‘in the crosshairs.’ And you can see there’s a big giant scope.” [Don’t bother trying to see this for yourself, this content has been taken off her Website]

Uhhh, right. Here, buddy, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=palin+target+map . So apparently whoever is writing the rundowns is a bit of a dunce as well.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Right. But it hasn't disappeared from the internet. It is entirely possible that I am misreading a bit of sarcasm from whomever wrote the rundown, but it doesn't seem that way.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Butthole Prince posted:

No, you're just reading too much into the statement entirely. The content was taken off her website, just like the rundown says. Whether or not it is available elsewhere is a different matter (and something the rundown does not address).

Meh, whateva. It could be read a couple different ways, but rather than quibble over semantics, I'll just concede that I probably am reading too much into it and blame it on the writer for not phrasing it more effectively. Who cares.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Somebody really needs to get to the bottom of this "I've created a few viral videos" mystery.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

What the hell. Yeah, Robin. Looks...delicious?

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Kelly posted:

I can't find anything resembling a pizza in that photo.

Except for the sausage that Robin appears to have her hand on. Hi-ohhh!
(I wouldn't have noticed if the comments didn't point it out)

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Uh oh, Sal's drunk again.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

List, because I'm tired:

-Howard was great on Letterman. A+. Real emotion, friendly ribbing, relaxed, funny, and not one but two actual handshakes (I assume the Purell was backstage.)

-I too was disappointed when I learned that the @erictheactor Twitter was not legit, but the guy is so good at lampooning Eric that it's definitely worth a follow.

-Two things about Howard on Twitter: a) I'm shocked at how quickly he's adapted to it and that he seems to know what he's doing and how to use it (I wonder who coached him before he got it rolling). b) I am more shocked that @HowardStern was not already taken.

-Here is a list of all the Twitter accounts posted thus far. Notable omissions: Mad Doctor Cthulhu and...uh...actually just the Mad Dr. Come on now! I need your crazy conspiracy theories tweeted at me on a regular basis, dude!

Mine is @DonSaf. I mostly just follow and reply to people who will never see what I'm saying to them, but if you scratch my back yadda yadda. Anyway, here's the list:

Moniker: @ericellenbrook
Kelly: @kellyisnotcool
Burden: @ItsjustDaniel
Joe Don Baker: @joedonbaker
-Atom-: @da_dorr
picosecond: @his_panic
lynch_69: @lynch_69
flickmaker: @reallymatt
Bort Hanks: @groanzone
Skitz: @DonSaf

Skitz fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 6, 2011

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

That's what I'm afraid of. I wonder what the reaction was to the Beth pics.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

-Atom- posted:

You could make it work and it would be great.
Agreed!

Updated list:
Moniker: @ericellenbrook
Kelly: @kellyisnotcool
Burden: @ItsjustDaniel
Joe Don Baker: @joedonbaker
-Atom-: @da_dorr
picosecond: @his_panic
lynch_69: @lynch_69
flickmaker: @reallymatt
Bort Hanks: @groanzone
Skitz: @DonSaf
musclecoder: @leftnode
fuzzi: @notfuzzi (Are you or aren't you???)
FogHelmut: @foghelmut
Manwithastick: @dadaknowsbest

Sorry if I missed anybody. I'm following all of you now, so you better be entertaining. Or not. Whatever.

I'm beginning to wonder how much control Takei has over his Twitter. Seems like someone might be doing it for him. I assume you all got this same boilerplate message after you started following him:

George Takei posted:

Oh, Myyyy!!! Thank you for following me on "The Twitter." I'm new to all this so be sure to "retweet" me, and hard!

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Anybody else having problems with the wacky new online player?

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Came in to give a heads-up on the Twitter thing too. It really is pretty fantastic.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Smeep posted:

I wonder if this will get more people to sign up for Sirius. I mean mainly former listeners/fans who didn't follow him over to satellite. It's like a free bit of Howard teaser that might entice people to jump on board.

Textbook bait-and-switch.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

KKKLIP ART posted:

My subscription ran out and it seems just now, about 4 months later, they finally cut my service. I don't really know if I want to renew, most all of the music stuff I can get on my SIMS card via Pandora, but I dont know if I want to sign up again. Think they will cut me a solid deal due to me being an unhappy customer?

I canceled toward the end of last summer and I get letters from them at least once a month begging me to come back for the low price of $20 total for the first five months*, so I'd say yeah, give it a shot. As long as you take the initiative to call I think they'll do anything they can to keep you around.

*I haven't actually gotten around to reading the fine print. :)

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Goddamn that Big Black call was depressing.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Jesse Ventura tomorrow? Sweet. Good thing I'm taking a day off for my daughter's birthday. That fuckin' guy drives me absolutely nuts.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Ta Ta Toothy jumped the shark today on TWUS when he "what do you do for a living"-ed John Hein.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Didn't they just do a World's Saddest Listener like a month or so ago??

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Howard is going to be on cloud 9 tomorrow. Awesome.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Paraphrased:"I want to retire, but I don't have the balls! My hope is that if I just make the show as boring as possible, you guys will stop listening and I can just fade away."
--Howard Stern, 1999 (to a caller complaining about Howard spending drive time talking to Elephant Boy)

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Great, so I'm lying on the couch last night, minding my own business, and my fiancee comes out of our bedroom and says, "Babe, you've got to watch this documentary I'm watching [turns out it was this one]. It's awesome. Guess what...we're going on a juice fast!"

This house has jumped the shark, folks. See ya on the other side.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Vakal posted:

Should be an easy diet to follow. Just eat french fries since those count as vegetables.

Good point. Hey, as long as I can still eat French fries and I don't have to drive out to LA every weekend to get my blood cleaned, I'm good.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

I really hate the hosts of Geek Time but I love their guests and they do decent interviews. It's a great show when its not Appletalk.

It really is. The show has made me go full circle on Ralph though, and now I'm back to step...uh...whichever step it is in the Ralph continuum where you can't stand him. Same with Booey on TWUS.

Incidentally, I feel the same way about Last Call with Carson Daly. I think he's really irritating and a horrible interviewer, but his show is usually pretty interesting because he gets good guests etc.

Skitz fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 30, 2011

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

chiz posted:

How is that though? Does he get them to open up like Howard does, or do they just start spilling anyway?

example? I'm just curious because I've never seen the show.

It's not so much about opening up or spilling, he just usually has good, compelling guests who have something to say or are working on interesting projects, and who tend to be off the beaten path a little. Actors, filmmakers, musicians, chefs, artists, you name it. He does the show at a different location in L.A. every time too, usually a bar or restaurant, so he's able to have casual, relaxed conversations with the guests rather than being on a studio set and hitting talking points. He's a big music fan too, so his band showcases are generally pretty solid.

That said, his interviewing skills are horrible, and the segments that are good are good because the guests are interesting without him, not because he makes them so. Give it a shot and you'll see what I mean.

I dunno. I used to hate it, but I've been watching Jimmy Fallon a lot recently and just absentmindedly staying on NBC when Jimmy's over, and I started realizing I was actually enjoying it. It can be pretty hit-or-miss, but when it hits, it's solid.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

The news department ran a story on this, but basically, Robin thinks that "Captain America" should have been less a comic book movie with weapons, explosions, and action, and more a story on race relations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-quivers/captain-americas-usa_b_915142.html

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've read for a while. I'd say some other snarky things about it, but I don't think I could do any better than this comment:

quote:

I could see why you think the movie is designed to be historical­ly accurate and not a work of fantasy fiction based on a comic book since you did not know the date Pearl Harbor was bombed.
With your extensive knowledge on all things I am surprised that you did not dissect the science behind the Super Solider Program that transforme­d Mr. Rogers into Captain America. You could prove to doctors that a diet of fruits and veggies in your mouth and coffee up your bum could turn us all into Captain America. You could explain at a cellular level why ayahuasca is better for increasing neuron transmissi­on in the brain then the drugs and medicines used in the movie.
How about writing about the physics behind Captain America’s shield as a projectile or as a defense against bullets? I think an article on the metals used in the shield would be useful to all the engineers reading your articles.
And for the last 20 years you have been on the radio, when people change their voice to mock you they try to sound like the Queen of England. They put on a British accent and try to sound as high and mighty and self-aggra­ndizing as possible…I wonder why

I have much more to say about how retarded this is, but I'm gonna bite my tongue. I think we're probably all on the same page here.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Kenny Cuwvecock.....Patsy Pissfwaps...

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

So how much did To Do or Franklin Covey pay for the 45-minute in-show advertisement? "Story of Your Life, Robin!!"

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Good god, Beetlejuice meets Gilbert is the best poo poo ever.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Mike Tahoe posted:

This is one of my favorite Beetlejuice clips. I start losing it around 3:40. Beet gets so pissed at Sal that he's almost coherent for a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8FC6zrfU1c

The visual from 5:45-6:15 is just fantastic. I love that little bastard so fuckin' much.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

lynch_69 posted:

Anyway early on in the show some guy calls in to tell Howard that his mother died because of a power failure from the storm and his father is so distraught he is thinking of giving the mother's dog away. Howard immediately starts berating this poor guy's dad for trying to give the dog away calling him names and poo poo - a man whose wife of 40 years literally froze to death a few days ago. I couldn't listen any more.
Yeah, that poo poo was disgusting. I get the point about the dog being part of the family and his mother loving it and all that, but he was really out of line in that conversation.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

chiz posted:

You're sure about a new book? Any ETA?

I mean, when is it out, not chapters on Eric the Midget.

Ha, nice. Anyway, pretty sure he mentioned during the Letterman appearance that he was working on a second book, if I remember correctly.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Jesus, that KC call today was fuckin' surreal.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Man, after this calendar fiasco I can not loving wait to see what he does to Lisa G's Christmas card. :munch:

Also, I like to imagine that Sirius management was sitting around salivating hoping Stern wouldn't notice they were going to finish the year three shows short of what they were contracted to do.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Fist posted:

What? I some how completely missed this. This sounds amazing. Any youtube of this? A search for "howard stern robin cries" turns up nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TUiBzbx_tA&feature=related

The tears start flowing around 4:30, but it doesn't get really good until the Ninja Kitchen System live read at 8:00. She loses it.

Skitz fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 18, 2011

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Bonzo posted:

So who else has had Release Robin's Bra stuck in their head all week?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNK_bzLESWQ

Every year, buddy. In fact, I came here today just to post it again, but you beat me to it.

Merry Christmas, Goons.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

He's the best.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Jillian Barberie.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Holy dueling Baba Booeys. First thing I heard when I turned the show on this morning. Better than coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Paraphrased: "You can tell how big a woman's vagina is by how big her mouth is..."
Not paraphrased: "...It's all tubes."

-rear end Napkin Ed