Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

chiz posted:

Actually he's said that he wouldn't, in the past.

Or did he say he would on todays show? I didnt catch it.

Between Palin and Obama, DePace said he would go for Palin.

Which shouldn't be terribly surprising, how many people do you know that don't automatically vote within party lines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
That's just the nature of the game in terms of premiering a new program.

Plus CNN doesn't exactly have a great track record for ratings.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Smeep posted:

Did anyone catch the awesome Schuli interview with ETM? Eric has decided he's a movie reviewer so he thinks he should get movies for free.

On a YouTube video he was asking people to give him Fandango and movie passes so he could review movies.

He's a shifty little fucker.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Smeep posted:

H101 is playing the "You didn't celebrate my birthday properly" fight right now

Is this on YouTube? It sounds hilarious.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Priapist posted:

Now that Adam has potential for some halfway decent revenue coming in, I wonder if Teresa is kicking herself for leaving for a lovely terrestrial gig.

I'm glad this happened. I literally stopped listening to the podcast when he picked up Bald Brian and Teresa.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Manwithastick posted:

Am I the only one who agrees with Howard that the Artie chair should stay empty to keep Artie's mental health?

He'd be upset if th the replacement is better (and people are going "gently caress Artie, this person rocks more"), worse ("gently caress Artie, he ruined it by trying to kill himself)
or if he returns ("LOL Artie bought any knives lately?" call would be inevitable)

Affectively there's no win here, whatever action Howard takes, Artie suffers so he's just going to let it stay empty in tribute (To say he's irreplaceable)

You are absolutely right, and I feel like this is the ultimate answer to anything regarding Artie's position with the show.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Does Artie qualify as a wackpacker?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

heavy liquid posted:

Yeah, no way is Artie ever coming back. I'm willing to bet he won't even visit the studio. If anything, Howard might talk to him over the phone while on the air.

Artie asked to come in and tell his story, but Howard seemed to think it was a bad idea.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Without a doubt Artie and Howard have the most infectious laughs.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Joe Don Baker posted:

Howard is apparently doing several late night shows in the next few weeks. Anyone think this is contractually obligated?

Probably.

He has Letterman, Fallon, Stewart and I guess a satellite segment with Kimmel? I thought I heard he may do Conan since Beth needed to hit LA for whatever reason.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The 'Eric the Midget is dead' thing is genius and I salute SFN for running in into the ground.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

sedative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faZq-66YGp8

Eric never got a chance to see JD's video :(

Hahaha

JD's 'beard' is the reason why I don't grow one out. Because I can't, just like JD.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

What the gently caress Fred

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Indolent Bastard posted:

Really? I find his poor racial caricature offensive and he goes on with it way too long. I actually turned over to another station when he went off today.

Sorry it was hysterical.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Didn't Howard also put a gag order on Opie and Anthony at some point?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AxeManiac posted:

I don't see how anyone can listen to a show called "wacky name" AND "normal name". That's like radio bullshit 101. The thing I hate most about radio. It's a step up from Tradio, but not a very big one to be the wacky morning guys with one guy with a funny name and a hot chick doing the traffic!

Opie and Anthony is pretty good when they have a swarm of comedians sitting in. But in reality, the two shows are very different and it doesn't make sense to compare the two.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
http://www.breuniverse.com/thepodcastmasters/

Breuer has his own podcast now.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ultraviolence123 posted:

I didn't see a way to download this. Streaming only?

You need to click the RSS feed.

http://podcastmasters.libsyn.com/rss

should have just linked that really

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

chiz posted:

I gotta say, pico, your avatar could pass for a young John Hein.

Easily the best avatar on SA.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kelly posted:

Yes! What was THAT all about? I kind of laughed when he said it, I was thinking he was joking. But uh, maybe he wasn't?

Edit: and I don't mean he created some, but that he maybe misunderstands what they are and thinks filming something on the BlackBerry is creating a viral video.

He had to be joking, there is no way Howard made four or five videos that 'went viral' and we just now barely hear about it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
So Howard will be on Letterman this Thursday, and I give it until 7AM tomorrow morning that he'll start bitching about it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chinook posted:

Ugh, it seems like 50% of the show today, and lately, has been Howard whining about his troubles with technology. (cable, world wide web, android phones)

This poo poo needs relegated to Geek Time or some Technobeaver show on 101. It's like talking to my parents about computers... it just stinks.

Last year he probably spent a week discussing the Blackberry Bold.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

burmart posted:

I hate how they still use Pamela Anderson as the idea of a hot chick.

I didn't think that Pamela Anderson was all that hot when she was "Hot." Now she's older and has Hep-C.

Pamela Anderson was the hottest woman in Hollywood in the mid-nineties, although it is odd how Howard still puts her on that pedestal.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
This ain't Hot Rod magazine, pal!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

FogHelmut posted:

With the amount of commercials they have now, you'd think they would be rolling in the sponsor money.

I hope they're gone for good, it's so annoying to hear the callers beg for money.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The Kacey Jordan interview was the best example on why I like listening to Howard so much. Of course she doesn't have many barriers, but it was still a good representation on Howard's interviewing skills.

Really good segment.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Streebs posted:

So why is she losing her hair anyways? Is it more common than I think? Or could it be due to her terrible diet?

People tend to forget that Robin is pushing 60, and women do lose their hair.

It is funny though seeing a female comb over.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

qbert posted:

Is Gary still in his 40's? Dude's hair is greying rapidly. Probably due to years of psychological abuse.

He'll be 50 in March.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Vakal posted:

You talking about a person who thinks french fries are vegetables.

There are also no vegetables in France.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

hypersober posted:

Okay this has been bothering me for a while now. When they post pictures of guests in the studio, why the hell is John Hein always standing in the background? Is this a running gag by the staff? I know he has to be in there to do announce what they'll be discussing on the wrap-up show, which in my opinion is pointless (I loved it when Artie made fun of it by imitating John Hein), but can't he get out of the way?

I'm glad you brought this up. I don't know the answer to your question, but why the gently caress does John Hein need to be in the studio during the breaks?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TheLakers posted:

Am I the only one who loves Jon Hein? I would totally listen to a 3 hour Jon Hein show.

He's just such a smug prick about everything and it isn't even in a funny way. Plus he seems like the biggest obvious character on the show.

He also coddles JD like he's 16.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Howard officially started twittering (@HowardStern) 35 minutes ago.

He'll quit by Tuesday.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr Hands Colon posted:

How often do you guys think that hecklers try to get on the air? I've only been listening since '06, and I can't really remember anyone successfully getting on (aside from maybe that one guy referring to Beth as Dierdre).

I'm just curious, considering how much poo poo everyone talks about the show here (and even moreso on SFN).

To give you an idea, Howard went through like 4 or 5 callers in a row that had already won money in a game.

The same idiots call in and sit on hold all day. Plus there is a guy that gets on so much it blows my mind, and he has nothing noteworthy to say. He calls the Wrap Up show as well.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

bulbous nub posted:

Wasn't there a dude a few years back who got on 5 or 6 times in a week that kept referring to Howard as Don Imus?

For sure, and Howard would respond with a very cartoony 'ohhhh youuuuu!'

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Howard killed it on Letterman, too bad we don't get that kind of energy on the show.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Astro7x posted:

To be fair, it was the same stories he tells on the show just with more energy.

Wasn't very impressed.

As far as a guest on late night television, Howard loving destroyed.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

liz con queso posted:

Man, you people are difficult to impress. It's not like I'm in side-splitting laughter the entire time I'm listening to the show, but it definitely makes me smile and brings my mood up every time I get in the car. I am super grateful he extended the contract another 5 years, because I was sorta/kinda getting into panic mode thinking about having no Howard in the morning.

Also, I don't have any issues with Jon Hein at all. Benjy is the one that gives me douche chills like nothing else on this goddamned Earth.

The bitching seems more apparent because when Artie was in studio they would routinely go off into hilarious tangents. Artie Lange was a lovely comedian, but he perfect for his job in studio and to say the show hasn't taken a direct hit since his departure isn't honest.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Well, when Artie was on the show a poo poo load of people would just focus their complaints on him. Being a junkie that earns a lot of money makes him an easy target. He was Charlie Sheen before Charlie Sheen.

Edit: poo poo, I forgot about all the hookers Sheen used to get busted with. Man, this guy is a loving nut.

Yeah I bitched about Artie and his constant lying. Ultimately I'm glad he's getting help, as he was long overdue for it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Sometimes I'll rail on Marc Maron but I mostly just follow comedians/MMA fighters.

@da_dorr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

sedative posted:

I think he's hooked on twitter already

edit: he has 77,069 followers right now

That didn't take long.