Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
The matchmaker's name was "Orly" I can't help but imagine someone is playing a joke on someone

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Djarum posted:

Anyone else hear the commercial advertising Mammary Lane all next week? First time I can remember them actually stating vacation was coming up except for the History of Howard Stern stuff.

Is there a holiday next week? Or is it just time for a vacation?

So did they just drop Mike Walker? I don't listen as religiously as I once had so maybe I'm missing it.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I don't like the fact that he'll probably never be mentioned again. Howard is not honest with his audience and it bothers me.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Do they still play his fart clip? I mean Mike Walker's clips are hilarious..

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
He's on Jimmy Kimmel and Fallon in March

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Howard is loving hilarious on Twitter. He compels me to sign up on Twitter to get constant updates.

It almost makes me feel as if he has help with his tweets. They're way too funny. I don't think he does, but I can't help but wonder sometimes. (Those times are when I actually laugh out loud at a Tweet.)

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Do you listen to the show at all? He's a funny dude. The medium doesn't matter. Funny is funny.

Any time he cracks some sort of joke on the show I just assume that Benjy or Fred write it. :-/

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I am so upset that I missed Howard live-tweeting Private Parts. It's like a dream come true and I missed it. :-( I hate work.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Sizzlechest posted:

Notice that her face isn't shown.

Notice her boobs are? Yeah I did. :cool:

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Without reading the article, using google, or wikipedia, who here under the age of 30 can tell me what Jessica Hahn is famous for?

I'm 27 and the only reason I know is because of Howard.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Yes with Rosanne as Peg

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Has anyone read that Rolling Stone interview? Is it worth picking up? Can anyone summarize the main points or possibly link to it online somewhere if that's allowed?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

daveslash posted:

Had a surreal show moment this morning when I got in the car. When I had turned off the radio in my house, they had just gone to break a little while before. I got in to a car and there was a tradio prank call so I figured they were just coming back. It was one I hadn't heard before, and as I was listening I was thinking to myself "where's the joke?" I finally realized that I actually was listening to tradio, as on my way home the day before I switched to FM to listen to a baseball game.

True Story.

This is the best post in the thread. I love this.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Hey, accordingly to everyone is this thread Howard is a complete technology idiot, yet he knows more about Twitter than you... and is learning about the iPhone, and Mac OS.

It's more about Howard knowing so little that he can't even adequately explain what he I trying to say...

I posted this on my iPad... After I pent 14 grand on private iPad lessons.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I hate to say it, but I basically stopped listening. :( I've almost completely lost interest. Even the first hour is horrible to me. I didn't actively make a choice, but the show is just not interesting to me. I never thought this day would come!

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

chiz posted:

awww, man.

I enjoyed the poo poo out of David Arquette week and the Maria Menounos and Kevin interview.

There's some gems in there

Those are two of the things that I actually listened to recently and they were good. (Not all of Arquette, but the highlights). I think I might just start listening on Fridays. If I can tear my way from Adam Carolla's podcast. It's a billion times better than THSS, IMO.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Ribsauce posted:

For the first time ever I turned off the show 20 minutes in and didn't bother to turn it back on. Worked in silence I was so annoyed. I turned it on right at the start and Gary was late, I thought it was gonna be good, but no 20 straight minutes of photography talk and I said "gently caress this" and turned it off. First time I ever totally bailed on a live show

Carolla's podcast was awesome for like a month, then I stopped listening. He really needs someone to reel him in, it is so repetitive. His radio show was way better

I stopped listening to his podcast for almost a year and started recently and I must say that it's literally a semi-well produced radio show. When I was previously listening it was just him with a mic in what sounded like a room in his house. Now he's in a studio and has guests and actual content. It's nice.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Hearing Artie sing "Shook Me All Night Long" gives me chills every time. What a good time for the show that was.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I was waiting for this "most douche-chilliest moment of the show", and then the clip ended. It was a joke.

Right. This was clearly a joke. Maybe his cadence wasn't perfect but it was still funny.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

chiz posted:

what's the rerun?

Oh and by the way, I subscribed to Greg Fitzsimmons, Adam Carolla and Ricky Gervais podcasts, what else would you guys recommend?

Joe Rogan's is good. I cannot find a way to load it up in pocket tunes though. I use that for all of my podcasts.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

This is stupid. I'm not remotely a cyclist and equating a primary mode of transportation for many parts of this world to a child's toy is retarded.

I hate people that ride bikes in the rode more than anyone on the planet.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
This is a blind woman throwing a better pitch than Gary at the Detroit - Toronto game yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te2Rv4G99D8&feature=share That is all.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

daveslash posted:

And what do you do for a living, sir?

I e-mailed it to the show. I hope they mention it. Let me know if they do as I barely listen anymore. If they ask me that, I'll be sure to tell them that I am a doorman at the hotel where the lady stayed. We set it up for her to throw the first pitch and I know that she was blind. I hope they mention it!

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Well now I know what I'll be listening to on my way to and from work.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I honestly haven't listened in months. I get my news from you guys in the thread. Even Howard's twitter turned into poo poo and it's just an advertisement for Howard TV. All things interesting are lost.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Is it me or does this look exactly like Howard?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I wish I could get through to the show. Gerard Butler checked into my hotel last year and the first thing he asked me is "Where can I get laid around here?" I said "You're Gerard Butler. You can get laid anywhere you go." and I just pointed down the street. The dude is a man's man and he's cool as gently caress. But I cannot get through. :-(

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

godzirraRAWR posted:

Is it bad that I regularly find this thread more entertaining and funnier than the actual show?

Haven't listened in MONTHS, yet I can't stop reading this thread!

same here

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I called to cancel my service and was preparing for 20 minutes of begging, and I was on and off the phone in literally 8 minutes, including hold time. It went so smoothly.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Viktor posted:

The BTLS forum on SFN was shut down over the fallout this week. In less then a month of trolling Bubba via twitter and his blog ludlow's totally dismantled Bubba.

The whole saga is amazing, you can read ludlow's site at http://realbubba.wordpress.com/ to see the threatening stalking that Bubba is worried about and went to the cops about.

I have no idea what this blog is talking about. Can you sum it up?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

hunter x az posted:

It still is. Don't like it; don't listen.

It's really not though. Where's the comedy? Anyway, it's really not that easy to just stop listening after you've been listening for your entire life. It's like you feel invested in the show, so you need to finish it's course right along side of it. It's weird but that's how it really is.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

brewz posted:

I've been a listener since the show premiered on Sirius in 2006.

I'm out. Finished. Done.

Can someone recommend me a good podcast to fill my endless hours on the road? I've been listening to Democracy Now, Joe Rogan, and pretty much all the NPR stuff.

Anything else I should be aware of?

I like Adam Carolla's. A lot of his stories are repeated but sometimes he brings is a simple point and I think "huh, I never thought of it like that."

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

kylej posted:

He's the blow job king of Michigan State.

Michigan. He might be hideously unattractive, but don't insult the man.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Gotta disagree here. I get invited to multiple Oscar Parties each year.
Yes it is usually an awful production and most people just read the results the next day, but its still a huge TV event that usually gets high ratings.

Any event show gets high ratings though. Because it's a TV special. Anyone can create an awards show and get higher ratings than what would normally be on the air.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

It's amazing how a young boy who hasn't started a life of drug and pizza abuse looks so healthy.

Right. I'm not sure if people some how think this is a recent picture of him or something? It's an old picture of him from when he was healthy.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

When I cancelled Artie stabbed himself a week later.
When I cancelled nothing happened what so ever. :-/

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Quite frankly, if you don't like the way Howard pronounces phrotography and harrible, the fact of the matter is you shouldn't listen to the show.

SFN is over there ->

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Sort of looks like it was hacked if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

I think it's hilarious that you believed it.

Head over to flippa.com and look at what websites go for on there. With the traffic that Mutt has I can easily see his site going for a few hundred grand with no questions asked. I realize that a million is different but it's most definitely worth a lot of cash.