Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I worry that later on this month we'll find out Richard quit his band to appease Howard. If that happens I'm unsubscribing from this thread and will be done with Howard. Richard is awesome and I'll be heartbroken if they drive him to do that for their approval :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

therapy posted:

I doubt it'll happen - Richard is the most self-confident guy on the show, and I think that's what drives Howard nuts. He can make fun of his weird quirks like loving halloween, not showering, and wearing diapers to rock concerts, but at the end of the day Richard just laughs it off, goes home, fucks his woman and has a few beers, watches some movies and goes to sleep happy.

The dude is amazing - he is getting paid to make prank phone calls and play drums in a metal band - this is like the dream life for every midwestern teenager I grew up with.
Hell yeah, Richard in one day of his life has more happiness and fulfillment than Howard has had in his entire life. Howard just wishes he had a passion or interest in anything but loving Beth anymore.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hunter x az posted:

Howard is happy with his life. Doing poo poo he doesn't like makes him miserable -- just like us. Luckily, he doesn't have to do poo poo that makes him any more miserable than us folks when poo poo doesn't go our way. Yeah, he may be neurotic, but so what?

Not at all. Do you hear the way he reacts whenever he gets invited to some sort of party or any other social event and what a loving nightmare it sounds like to him? The dude struggles with any sort of social environment that's not in a studio. He's perfectly relaxed, comfortable and in control on his show. But once he's out of his element he's sounds crazy and unhappy to me.

(I base this on every single thing he has ever said about his life outside of the show)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Richard :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Smeep posted:

Well, I skipped that one, too. But I can't stomach celebrity interviews in any format, usually. Like, I love Craig Ferguson but I race to shut that poo poo off after he gets done reading Tweets and emails because gently caress if I care about the funny funny pranks Ashton Kutcher played on Natalie Portman on the set or whatever bullshit they talk about.

This is kind of off topic but you should really give Ferguson's interviews a chance, dude. They completely spoil you on other interviews on other shows forever. While other talk shows have an incredibly rehearsed, robotic recreation of the pre-interview they had, Ferguson doesn't give a gently caress and he just bullshits with them about anything leading to some really hilarious, organic interviews that flow just like a real human conversation. I am by no means whatsoever a regular Ferguson viewer but every single interview of his that gets linked in the Late NIght TVIV thread has been magic :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nope, the Class Reunion call is the best :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l73o4ed6ypU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Which is why the Tradio calls are the best. They can't really fake that main guy. Though I always felt like the Swap Shop "Exotic Jungle Bunny" was fake cause the pace of the call is exactly the same format as their fake Jack & Rod radio show introduction, and the hosts are just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too gullible.

And I take back my last post, this is the best prank of theirs and I was in tears the first time I heard this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yi0AO6fXZk

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Where are you guys seeing her? On howardstern.com all I can find is a blurb about why Tim calls her his niece.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God drat son

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

They just started, Howard announced at most normal :woop:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress Robin forever. How the gently caress hasn't anyone there pointed out that any time the Doctor had anything negative to say about Robin she just talked over her and acted like she knew better. I cringed when she told the Doctor not to talk to her.

All I wanted was for her to have been announced the most hosed up :negative:

Not to get all mad doctor cthulu but I wonder if she answered the questions truthfully or answered it the way she thought Mother Teresa would have to draw the least amount of flak her way

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

burmart posted:

There have been like eight live reads in the last ten minutes.

I can't believe I actually heard "Robin, you know what's more miraculous than surviving a bullet in the head? REGIS"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ehhh, I think he has every right to be thrilled and to brag about it and I'll tell you why.

The Doc even said he craves others' approval, attention, etc beforehand... He feels like he used to be incredibly damaged, perhaps beyond repair mostly due to his childhood and sought help to fix his issues. Now he goes to therapy and talks at length about how much it's helped him and is incredibly proud of it and his progress. Today on the show he just had a real licensed Doctor, unaffiliated with his shrink, come on the show that dispensed with a literal metric "score" that said "hey you're the least hosed up out of everyone here!!! :woop:".

He has every right to be happy. I would too if I were him :unsmith:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oh poo poo, that's how businesses work? I just proclaim myself reviewer of x and I become instantly entitled for free copies of everything forever? How come no one ever told me this :doh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Does he ever sue anyone? I think even his lawyer take advantage of him.

Howard: YouTube and American Idol take money from me, I want to sue!
Lawyer: Well...I don't know Howard. I guess you could...maybe
Howard: yeah I guess that would too much trouble
Lawyer: yep! Oh look, your retainer is due. That'll be $10,000 please.
Howard: Can you take a cheque? I gave my last $500 in cash to the guy that setup the TV in my bedroom.

You'd think he'd at least go to settle out of court or something. It's like how his therapist keeps telling him he'll be normal as long as he does three sessions a week.

He wasnt talking about Howard

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Artie asked to come in and tell his story, but Howard seemed to think it was a bad idea.

This was Robin, I thought. Not Howard.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God I hope he goes on Conan. I adore Conan and I notice he seems to get super uncomfortable when guests come on and start railing on Leno. Howard's going to do nothing but that most likely and I want to see it :shobon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm not lawyer but I was just thinkin. As sue-happy as Eric wants to be, couldn't he legitimately have a case as an entertainer against someone orchestrating deliberately spreading false rumors that he's dead? I imagine it could heavily damage someone's livelihood as people aren't going to try to hire a dead man.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I might regret asking this but where would one start to see some good contributions to the "Eric is dead" campaign? I've stayed away from SFN based on every single thing I've read in the Howard Stern threads on SA but would anyone mind posting some best-of examples? :shobon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Patrick Carlin was just unbearable. I bet the reason he never went into comedy before George died was George probably told him he sucked rear end.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA that is absolutely the greatest possible outcome. I look forward to hearing JD brag :3:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

He has 2 accounts, he closed 1.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jfsc03#p/u/1/YHSy9b8h8nQ

Hahahahaha every single comment he's left on his own channel were marked as spam by people and you have to click them to read them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This is kind of hosed up but for some reason the term "dead midget" is so, so funny to me in these discussions.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sedative posted:

Unfortunately @EricTheActor is just a very dedicated fake. His real twitter is http://twitter.com/allsports1975

Maybe this is a wake up call for how obsessed I am with that dead midget but as soon as Kelly linked his twitter I thought "that's gotta be fake because he'd have 1975, jfsc, sports or idol in that name if it were really him" and I was right :gonk:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Former Human posted:

"Dear TSA agent: If you touch my junk, I'm going in with tongue."

George is the best.

I just read George's first page of tweets and I got about halfway through when I noticed I was reading them all in George's voice :shobon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

By the way can this go in the OP? Like at the top? :)

I never gave a poo poo about Twitter other than to read Conan O'Brien's tweets and now I care about it thanks to this post basically.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He seems to be verified now, too :-]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Smeep posted:

Speaking of who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress, in the category of Past Stern Guests, can you guess who this person is?

Looks like someone put Cameron Diaz in a microwave

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

When you guys reach a consensus about Jim Breuer can someone find me the George Taken YYYYYYYYYEEEEEAHHHHH parody version of The Hey Song? I'm googling and youtubing like a madman with no luck :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBohdltpVUY

I need it so bad right this second my brain is starting to cave in on itself :smithicide:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think all of us who didn't have a twitter account made one when Howard started tweeting (including me)! :)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

":c00lbert:: good thing those claws can't pull triggers" is probably the greatest thing I've read in this entire thread.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Actually, how could he kill himself? Other than pills is there any thing he can even do to harm himself with all his disabilities?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

-Atom- posted:

What do you do for a living?
It's his annual come-poo poo-up-the-Howard-Stern-thread-between-bannings post :v:

I think it's safe to say we all learned to be so hyper-critical of the show from the King himself. I'M THE COMPLAINER!!!!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ribsauce posted:

Speaking of the shop vac, does anyone remember there was a call in, I cannot remember if it was ETM or Gary the Retard, and Sal called in as some late term abortion doctor playing vacuum sounds pretending he was aborting whoever the caller was. I searched youtube for about 15 minutes with no luck
This is way late but I was listening to the ETM pack last night and this clip came on. It's from the 09-03-2008 show and if you got the ETM megapack the clip is titled "Eric is pro-life", Sal comes in as Dr. Landafly around 7:38.

Also,

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

I miss the good ol days of constant ball busting:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Handsome00Brilliant#p/u/36/hvwVA6X88bI
Is the announcer at the beginning of this Duke Nukem?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Really? I must be way off then.

I thought it was hilarious.

I thought it was funny too but he ran it into the ground hardcore so fast :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is that the old one where those SHOW ME YOUR PUSSY. RUB THAT CLIT. clips are from? Or is this something new?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sedative posted:

This is probably the most infuriating thing I've ever read on the internet :(

Nothing I read on openbook or the trolls on twitter and youtube immediately following the tsunami were even remotely this hateful and disgusting- ironic or not.

And he doesn't even know what genocide means. Where does he get this poo poo from?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I want one of his 260 followers to retweet that garbage to George Takei. And then I want him to go to jail. I want him to go to jail for this.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If it's the clip I think it is it's the one where High Pitch Eric is badly imitating many people in a prank call to Eric the Midget. The FIRE is him pretending to be Artie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Sal- "The only vegetable you ever loved was your dad"
As hosed as it is, I'm not gonna lie- I thought this one was pretty clever. Not laugh out loud funny or anything, but clever.