Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Guests for April posted:

Christa Miller

Oh myyyyyyyy :swoon:

I know I've heard her on the celebrity round table before, but has she ever actually been on the show before? She's pretty D-list so if you haven't heard of her, she played Dr. Cox's ex-wife Jordan on Scrubs, and I think she's in that show Cougartown (no idea if this is still even on the air).

Also, Sal retweeted this pic someone took with him today and the person's twitter name made me burst out laughing http://twitpic.com/4fgpjk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Seven hundred dollar wine

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

This is really the only thing that makes her an unlikable human being to me. The other stuff is mostly just vain poo poo celebrities do, but they're just hobbies. Crazy, stupid hobbies that are pretty self contained. I can ignore my friends' lovely, stupid hobbies and still cherish them as human beings.

Expertly summing up a wealth of poo poo about her awful personality with just "34", there are two particular things unique to her 34 that just make my blood boil. No matter how awesome someone could possibly be in every conceivable aera, I would not be able to tolerate a person who:

-Doesn't know their own assistant's name after a loving year or something
-Laughs hysterically after literally every single sentence that comes out of their mouth or any time something is said to them, about them-- be it positive, negative or neutral

That first one REALLY bugs the loving poo poo out of me.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I suggest Joe Rogan's podcast if you like Carolla. If you can get by the fleshlight advertisements, he is pretty much the coolest person ever. At the end of each podcast I want to exercise more, read more, and smoke a shitload of weed.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress Nick Dipaolo.

I recorded this a while ago for every single time someone mentions him. It is probably the most douche-chilliest moment of the show, for me.

fucknick.mp3 (45 seconds)

It's some very chilling and genuine racism and then he realizes it mid sentence and stops and it's just uuughhhh.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah she thinks she can replace Oprah. Jesus christ. I can't wait to watch her fall flat on her loving face and then vanish into obscurity forever.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sedative posted:

I fully support Robin having her own show and I hope she leaves The Howard Stern Show immediately to pursue her dream.

I would raise Bin Laden back from the dead if it meant this would happen right now

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I think Howard is right in that a lot of his audience simply doesn't get the show. I've been a fan since the 90s and have listened to every single minute of every show since late 2005, and I have not once been pissed off at it. I don't even understand how anyone could be. It's entertainment, simple as that. Would you get pissed off when going down the slide at a waterpark? Would you get pissed off while watching a concert with your favorite band? Maybe you should stop listening to the show for a while and quit bitching about it.

I really don't understand these posts. Do these guys even read SA at all? All we do is bitch about every single thing for every reason :kiddo:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God I love Stern fans. We are a breed like no other :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RRRUNDY SUVUGE IS A GAY AND human being.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That was linked here a couple pages ago :shobon:

I'm really hoping the girl playing Lisa G has a sex scene with Howard because you know whenever the show catches wind of this (if they haven't already) that would utterly crush her.

e: who's she supposed to be yelling at anyway? Gary? It's at 1:30

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 4, 2011

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lady GaGa owns :colbert:

But then again I like my bitches crazy.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

You realize he was telling a joke, right? He is a comedian, and that was a joke.

If you read just the next 7 posts before enchanting us with your witticism you'd see someone else said something to him about it and he admitted he thought it was funny :shobon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Holy poo poo, going that gray at 43?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

0.0 is the best thing to come out of the Sirius years behind Sal's apology tape.

My favorite thing ever from the Sirius years is FOUR HUNDRED MILLION GRAAAAAAND.

Holy poo poo them just doing that all loving day was the greatest thing. I like it when they goof on one particular topic off and on throughout most of the day, like real friends do :unsmith:

Kelly posted:

This is awesome, thanks. Guess who has two thumbs and has skin cancer? THIS GUY (girl). It is right under my eye (I don't do anything halfway) and so, my left eye is going to be sewn shut for a few days after my surgery Thursday (no big deal, right?!). Thus, I won't be able to read or watch TV. I am going to download everything I can from here and listen while I weep silently from my good eye.
Fuuuuuuck. Prescribe this woman some best-of packs, stat!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Someone record this and up it please.

Seconding.

Since it's free to stream it wouldn't be :filez: right? It comes on long after I'm going to bed and I'd love to listen to it at work tomorrow if it's allowed :shobon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He'd be loving spectacular on Rogan. Rogan has totally filled my Howard Stern void (along with this thread that I ready every loving day) since I unsubscribed a month after Artie left.

Artie's been gone a year and a half :x

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Daryl DBD posted:

Here's the full show, no commercials:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gvhee3iyzgani9e

Thanks so much, man.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That was truly great to listen to and once again reminded me how loving spoiled we are with Sirius and podcasts and poo poo.

The frequent commercials and attempts to speed along and cover all these topics made everything feel so rushed and disrupted with little opportunity to let it flow and evolve (like a real conversation). It's not the fault of Dipaolo or Artie, of course, just the terrible state of radio in general.

UGH I want him on the Joe Rogan podcast so bad it hurts :smith:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 7, 2011

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

brewz posted:

I've been listening to the Joe Rogan podcast quite a bit lately.

I'm fairly certain I would pay money to hear Joe Rogan/Artie Lange together on the radio every day.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! They'd have so much to talk about with their rich standup backgrounds and drug use. Plus Rogan talks about the Stern show frequently.

I've been tweeting him about it! Anyone else with a twitter account should join in! He's @joerogan or his manpanion @redban

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm pretty sure it had a lot more to do with his father and him realizing he's outlived him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Artie was never going to therapy.

Statistically, the biggest motivator for drug addicts to try to make major changes in their lives and try to get clean, it's hitting rock bottom and having a near death experience- which Artie definitely did. He looks and sounds a million times better so who knows, he probably is trying now :unsmith:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Joe mostly views his podcast as a way of not doing morning radio shows at gigs around the country. He also routinely does 2-3 hour podcasts 2-3 times a week. Homeboy loves to talk, so I'm sure that plays into it as well.

Yup. To whoever was asking if podcasts pay good money, Joe Rogan literally started his podcasts for fun, it wasn't for 4-5 months down the line he got a sponsorship from Fleshflight. I don't know how Carolla's works but it sounds more "legit"- as in someone might be paying him (please correct me if I'm wrong), whereas Rogan's is absolutely 100% self produced. He bought all his equipment, he books all his guests, and his sidekick manpanion (that he's known for like 15 years) does all the technical stuff and behind the scenes stuff to get it recorded, online, etc.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Artie needs to be on uncensored radio.

This.

But not just for him to be dirty, the thing that really killed me about the FOX Sports thing from last week was just how uuugghhhhh radio it was. Rapid topics changes every 10 minutes, commercials every what felt like 30 seconds, totally interrupting the flow. Satellite and podcasts are spoiling as poo poo since you can see a real conversation flow and evolve for long periods of time uninterrupted :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I thought Howard was pretty cool with it and he was just mad specifically at Jay Leno for hiring John behind his back without talking to him about it. Then got Mad at John after he said publicly not to drink Howard's koolaid about something. I don't even remember what it was about, but Howard got super mad about that and that's what caused John to be dead to him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm relatively new to twitter (I signed up when Howard made his account) and only follow like 70 people, but today on its side bar for its recommendations of who I should follow was @Oprah. Why?

Followed by @RealGilbert.

:lol:

It's like I'm in on a secret that Twitter isn't :kiddo:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is Amanda Peet the woman Howard hates?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hearing about anything going good in Richard's life just makes my day :unsmith:

And to quote Riley Martin- Howard I say this to you with the utmost sincerity and wisdom: gently caress you in your stupid rear end with a tool the size of your nose for spending days whining like a weak bitch because Richard's wedding would be in the summer and you might be hot or inconvenienced. The world isn't all about you.

edit: you won't find Howard or Robin in these photos because in all of these photos you see people having fun

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bonzo posted:

So my guess is that Howard won't be getting any screeners anymore. I anticipate his rant will go like this.

"Yeah I never really liked them anyway. I mean, they were kinda nice because you know, I can't go out to see movies because I'm so famous, and this was a way I could see new films. But the process is sooooooo hard. I have to have someone hand me a disk and then I have to figure out how to make my DVD player play them just right and there is that annoying message that pops up every 20 minutes. And DVDs are lame anyway. They should put it on an iPad. Anyway...movies are lame anyway. I'm working on a project now for a movie but the technology really isn't there yet for what I want to do. And since I've been taking photography lessons all I can see are the inaccuracies with the camera lenses. I mean, between that and writing bits, who has time? Anyway, Gary is giving me the high sign, let's get Joan Rivers in here and see what she's up to."

You missed squeezing in Porky's or Howard Stern: The High School Years :colbert:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't mean this in a disapproving way but every single one of us has become so bitter towards this show now. We're basically the stereotype of that famous quote from the movie "people who say they hate Stern listen to him ninety minutes a day..."

Even though I unsubscribed pretty much immediately after Artie left I can't help but read this thread almost every single day. When Howard retires it would mean the death of this thread and I don't know where I'd go to get my guilty pleasures :ohdear:

Dare I say SFN? That said, if Howard died or quit tomorrow would SFN still be around for another 10 years at least?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kelly posted:

This is really old, but it's so pretentious - you gotta love Robin!

http://www.app.com/4074/july2008/fashion/features.html

There is a photo of her looking out of her window very pensively that made me laugh so hard I started to choke.

It's very long, so I won't copy and paste it.

Isn't capitalizing words like Me, Him, His, etc mid-sentence only for when you're talking about God?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pretty sure posting full uneditted shows of content (other than free poo poo like radio) is a big no-no. Hopefully this doesn't count as backseat modding since you were soliciting help :ohdear:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Fandom secrets: I used to have to listen to the original tradio pack posted here a few years ago to get to sleep :shobon:

I've only been off of it cold turkey since about 4 months ago, but seriously every single night for maybe a year and a half I could not get to sleep unless I queued that up. It was so comforting...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Before the tradio pack I was addicted to listening to the ETM packs from random points (non shuffle). That despicable midget lulled me into sleep more times than I care to mention.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

The jizz stains one is amazing just because of the guy not getting anything they were doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3im7MyB4h3s

Jesus christ, Richard's completely mastered his old lady voice the first time you hear him in this clip. What was loving KILLING me was his attention to making himself sound really tired and fatigued, like every old lady who sits around her house all loving day sounds like. God damnit, he's so smart :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

haljordan posted:

I was toying with the idea of activating the Sirius radio in the used car I just bought, but then I remembered all the hate in this thread so I figured I might as well save the $12/month and spend it on liquor instead.

Two of the most difficult things to quit in this life.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I feel like 3 to 5 of the 20 or so regular posters in this thread are still actually subscribed to SIRIUS.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's just an Italian thing.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Holy poo poo! Artie & Nick Sports show starting Sept 26:

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in-national/artie-lange-nick-dipaolo-s-radio-show-has-official-start-date

I don't give a flying gently caress about professional sports of any kind and I will listen the gently caress out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thanks Artie, I couldn't ask for a better birthday present! :D