Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Why is there no character listing for Robin's big brown mounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

therapy posted:

I am in full support of this. I don't want to hear about the Bubba show unless it's in reference to something Howard has to do with it.

Such a Howard mark.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Are you from Brooklyn? Maryann?!?!?

Caww Caww

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pkd88 posted:

The word "fag" was used in one of them so there was only one awful tech derail.
Welcome to my page, I like to call it Page 9.

I think you mean page noine.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Heres the deal. Bubba shocking the puss on his radio IO show right now.

I just ordered some of his chicken dip. I'll report back in a few days.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Holy poo poo. Robin is absolutely LIVID that she was not the most normal.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah I never thought I would be 'that guy,' but I'm really considering canceling everything.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

daveslash posted:

No, he loves Youtube too because you can find anything on there. He's okay with all the other infringement, just not his own poo poo.

It's crazy how much stuff they put on the air that is actually from Youtube. When they're looking for a song or clip, Fred will say, "I'll find it on Youtube," and then a few minutes later he plays it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Howard is apparently doing several late night shows in the next few weeks. Anyone think this is contractually obligated?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

musclecoder posted:

Pretty sure he said it was.

Ah. I haven't been able to listen much in the past couple weeks. I figured he wouldn't come right out and say it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I sorta liked Pete stopping in today. I feel kinda bad for the guy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So I watched JD's video, and now I have spent the past hour watching ETM's videos. I am drawn to them for some reason.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Fred conducts the greatest symphony on radio.

This cannot be said enough. He's an absolute genius in every way when it comes to sound drops.

Indolent Bastard posted:

because BLACK MEN can't not gently caress a white girl if they are around them too much.

Hi, I'm Sal Governale.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Holy gently caress I had no idea Robin was balding that badly. Someone needs to call in and try to ask her about it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Howard was talking about how he's using Twitter now. Anyone know what his name is?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

This is probably one of my all time favorite Sal/Richard moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eitwANKFyVU

Here you have CNN reporting on the global financial meltdown in which people were in fear of being sent back to the Stone Age economically, and here two jackasses are making out on live TV. Brilliant.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

geera posted:

Is it online anywhere yet? I forgot to set my DVR :(

I'm watching it right now on the main CBS site for the show.

edit: It's just one segment. Sorry.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 4, 2011

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Follow me! @joedonbaker

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I think the best part is when Fred lets out those deep laughs. He's the one pressing the buttons, so when he laughs like that, you know it's some amazingly awesome and funny stuff.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

No Kevin Smith...who is promoting a movie Howard and crew might actually find interesting. Instead, we get A.C Slater.

I'm actually finding this interview pretty interesting.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Does anyone have the URL for that site with a TON of audio and video content? It was sternarchives.com or something, but that isn't the site I remembered.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Plus you can generally tell it's Fred or Benjy because of the delay.

The delay plus the, "I heard that....." is usually a good indicator that it's written for him.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Howard's Twitter is really blowing me away and has become my favorite celebrity feed. I wonder why he can't bring that sense of enthusiasm to the show. Other people in his scenario would typically blame it on the management or something, but he pretty much has total control over his show. What's wrong with him?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Screw the haters, Beth is hot.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

JD creeps on girls pretty hard, my girlfriend followed him on twitter and he immediately added her on Facebook and sent her a message.

Did he ask her to suck on a dildo for $50?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

chiz posted:

I was JUST about to say that.

So I missed the show today, how was Kacey Jordan?

She had abortion #5 and her urinary tract infection cleared up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Manwithastick posted:

Out now at your local comic book store:
Howard Stern the unoffical badly drawn comic book!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=7959
Hope Howard rips this to poo poo

What the gently caress is that? Did this guy just copy/paste stuff from a generic Howard bio?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pkd88 posted:

I think all but one of us know who is right, right?

What do you do for a living?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Bonzo posted:

They playslists on the rock stations is also very "east coast". I grew up in the 70s and 80s and I think I've heard KISS played more on Sirius then I ever did growing up when KISS was the biggest thing around.

The playlists are bad. It's not unusual to hear another song by the same band within a couple hours of each other on the same channel.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I Call it Van Morrison Syndrome.
I have a theory that at any given point you can turn on Sirius and hear a Van Morrison song.
Seriously, artists like Van Morrison are all they want to play. You can play him on literally 7 or 8 channels and he fits the channel genre.

I usually find the same to be true for David Bowie. I like the guy, but when I can hear his stuff on 6 different channels at any given time, something is wrong.

edit: For all the bitching we do, it's still light years ahead of terrestrial radio.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I totally agree with everything except for number 2. They absolutely need to be more aggressive in its online presence and getting their poo poo on mobile devices. However, I don't think they should totally stop making hardware. Not everyone lives in an area with 3G or better coverage. They should probably just make 1 or 2 different receivers and not even bother with the PMP style radios.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I had no idea there was THAT much unused inventory.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Djarum posted:

In the last SEC filing Sirius said they earned about $65,000 from commercials. Either there is something wrong with that or their ad rates are so low it is not worth having them. We should make a fake company website and order a commercial on Sirius. Make it so wacky of a product and commercials that we make a mockery of it.

I will gladly contribute to this.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

Do yourselves a favor and never listen to Geek Time. John "the boy toucher" Hein was trying to explain why Apple is doing so well even though they lack applications. It was because of THE INTERNET.

That show really baffles me. I've listened to it, and yeah, it's absolute poo poo. They 'tech' people they get to call in are so retarded and can't explain anything properly. On the other hand, they actually get decent guests. Tricia Helfer has been on there a few times and they get guys like John Favreau on there too.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Well guys. I've been lied to my whole life. No such thing as breakfast foods.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Context please, this sounds pretty funny.

Robin was vegucating some kids. She told them that they've been lied to and that there's no such thing as breakfast foods. You can eat vegetables any time.

On its face, she's right. You can eat whatever you want for breakfast. The way she said it implied there's some sort of conspiracy by Big Breakfast to make us eat eggs and toast everyday instead of green drink.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

Robin's so goddamn smug and self righteous about her vegetables that it makes me want to...post about it on the Internet. (I ran out of steam there at the end because I skipped breakfast)

You skipped breakfast? You know you can eat whatever you want. There's no such thing as breakfast foods.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's KOAB. drat I hurt my sides from laughing so hard when KOAB made fun of Big Black. You flip your phone open? You wear Wranglers?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

If you're not following KOAB on Twitter, do that right now. It's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

flickmaker posted:

Whats his name on twitter?

@asktheking