Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.
I must be an idiot but I cannot find H100 or H101 on the SIRIUS app for iPhone. I've scrolled through the list many times. Where are they hiding it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.
I really don't like the new schedule... I used to turn on H101 at 9AM so I could hear the beginning of the show and then listen throughout the day at the office. Then, when I left work, I could catch the last portion of the show on H100. Now, when I'm leaving work, H100 is already 30 minutes or so into another replay of the show.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Moniker posted:

So the show is gonna be done at 10:00 no matter what now. I know he hasn't stuck to it before but it's gonna be for real this time. I just don't get why the wrap up show is only an hour. It really makes no sense. He should let them create their own content and form a new show off of it since there is no other original content besides Farrell. The state of the channels is really depressing to me right now. (

I think this is passive aggressive Howard. He didn't get a huge contract this time around, so his response is, "Fine, I'm obligated to provide X hours of live content at a minimum, and that's exactly what I am going to provide!"

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

sedative posted:

You guys can keep posting twitter pictures of his wife though

Meh, she got rid of her implants, didn't she?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

HAHAHAHAHAH ProFootballtalk.com does a daily video show and today they took calls for the first time ever. Guess what happened?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

I can't find it, what happened?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Skitz posted:

Right. But it hasn't disappeared from the internet. It is entirely possible that I am misreading a bit of sarcasm from whomever wrote the rundown, but it doesn't seem that way.

No, you're just reading too much into the statement entirely. The content was taken off her website, just like the rundown says. Whether or not it is available elsewhere is a different matter (and something the rundown does not address).

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Robin is guest hosting Joy Behar's show on Headline News tonight. Has she done so before?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

<insert Beetlejuice vomit sound clip>

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

A thread on SFN claims that Howard is going to be taking all Mondays off starting in March. It's SFN, so take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Smeep posted:

I had no idea they even played Howard material on 101, I haven't listened in years. I always thought it was Bubba, Farrell or whatever the gently caress. Good to know!

They just started doing so at the beginning of the year (no more Bubba on H101 at 3:00).

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

burmart posted:

Is all of Johnny Fratto's income Eric the Midget centered?

There's income generated by EtM?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

I Am a Keg. posted:

I could see Benji doing the exact opposite of Howard and choosing the options that would make him seem the craziest.

A question about the original narcissism test: did the test subjects know what they were being tested for? And for that matter, did they know what this most recent test was for?

In either case, I think it would have been more appropriate and led to more reliable results had they conducted it in some sort of 'blind' examination manner. If they know they're being tested to find out if they are crazy or not, the test subjects have got to be more susceptible to giving answers that are more in tune with what they think they should answer to appear 'normal' rather than what their instinctive answer would be.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Monday according to him, but I have not found anything official from Sirius on dates and time slots. Howard will probably just announce the details on his show Monday.

I'm excited for this. I never listened to Bubba at all as I just couldn't get into it, but I'll give A.C. a shot, for sure.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Kelly posted:

Is anyone else getting those "there is a problem with your account messages" when they use the Sirius app? Pocket Tunes was not loading either (but I was logged on).

My Pocket Tunes is stuck in some kind of infinite loop trying to re-direct me to login page.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

musclecoder posted:

He talked about that today, that everyone always accuses him of being paid off to talk about things.

Why do you think it's odd he likes that long? He likes tons of other poo poo (like lovely TV and some top 40's stuff).

Legitimate question: does Howard have any pop culture 'likes' that are not horrible?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Do you find me, Ed Torian, attractive?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

scapulataf posted:

Black men, people, BLACK MEN.

So that explains why Lisa Lampanelli is the 2nd most frequent guest on the show next to Joan Rivers...

But speaking of frequent guests, and one that I actually enjoy on the show, it looks like Tracy Morgan was having some fun last night at the Knicks game (Howard was there, too):

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20029869-10391698.html

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Kelly posted:

He is the worst kind of smug fan. Is he from Pittsburgh? Did he attend school there? Does he have any kind of connection? It always really bothers me when someone randomly becomes a fan of a team like that. Nothing would please me more than to know he is one of those fans.

Steelers fans are the worst, and Hein is little better than most, but I do give him a pass because he seems to be a legitimate fan of the city's sports teams in that he is a Pirates fan, also. The Pirates are terrible, and arguably are one of the worst franchises in baseball. Being a devoted fan of that team at least shows you aren't a bandwagon fan. The severe majority -- and it's probably over 90% -- of Steelers fans are simply bandwagon fans. They can't name more than a half dozen players. They couldn't care less about the Pirates, because the Pirates aren't popular. They're caught up in this mystique about the franchise and its history but they know nothing about the teams of the past. But none of this stops them from waving those Terrible Towels!

Also, http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2011/01/haters-guide-to-the-postseason-pittsburgh-steelers-afc-2nd-seed.html

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

During the Mark Sanchez discussions yesterday, and occasionally today, Howard has been doing an affected voice saying "Please!" -- what is this in reference to?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

burmart posted:

I don't think you guys understand.

MARIO LOPEZ!

Who doesn't want to talk to Mario Lopez?

I'll take Mario Lopez over Kevin Smith.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Tom Ripley posted:

I'd rather hear Jeff the Drunk's take on the latest pop culture phenoms.

"Kevin who?"

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

If it's something related to entertainment and it is not directly affiliated with a horrible reality TV show ("American Idol", "The Bachelor", "Dancing With The Stars", etc.), Howard doesn't know what it is.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Nothing makes me happier than when Howard talks up a song in his WNBC voice (like he did on Thursday with the Elton John/Leon Russell song)

I don't know why but it always makes me grin like an idiot.

Howard impersonating his parents is probably at the top of my list, but the talk-ups are right behind it (and, tangentially related, the Cousin Brucie voice).

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

beergod posted:

Why aren't they replaying the show? What is this "Spotlight on Stuttering John" poo poo?

Uh oh, was something said on air today that Howard and/or management don't want to be heard again? The M.O. for incidents like that is to not air the replay.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

I heard them mention pasteurization? Is Robin against that too? How loving nuts can she be? Isn't it common knowledge what pasteurization does and how important it is?

Yeah, Robin criticized Gary for drinking something that had been pasteurized.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

This is the Something Awful version of Gary and "What do you do for a living?":

pkd88 posted:

I love that you feel the need to tell me what I do or don't know.

Keep on rocking with your sports avatar

God do I hate sports fan

pkd88 posted:

What happened to your avatar? didn't you used to have some sort of zombie/death thing?

I should get an athlete avatar so everyone will know what I want to be when I grow up.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

How the hell did you not know Kara DioGuardi was a judge on American Idol? Howard talked about her incessantly when she was a judge.

Some of us try our best to live in a world where that piece of poo poo show doesn't exist, thus we're able to try to block out anything connected to it.

(I recognized the name but didn't know she was the host, either.)

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

chiz posted:

Plus his mother did a huge number on him, huuuuuuuuuge.

It's pronounced "you-ge".

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

If nothing else, Arquette has (mostly) given us a break from non stop talk about Apple products and terrible reality television.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Didn't they start dating in college? She was fat then. She didn't get famous until she lost 40 or 50 lbs.

Late on this, but I think that whole she used to be fat/ugly thing is played up. Read her bio on Wikipedia; the girl was winning beauty pageants and was in the top 15 for Miss Teen USA.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Check out Robin's new website--http://www.robinquivers.com/#/Home. So terrible. They better mock her for this and her quotes.

Dr. Drew needs to come in and re-test her, because 34 is way too low.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Chinook posted:

Could you link me a big version of your avatar? Howard looks so horrible, not to mention the funny face Beth is making.

I can't, but if you like that, you'll love this:

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521725

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Vakal posted:

Creepy Ronnie poo poo, Howie's party report, Robin's trip report, and a Miss Howard TV interview.

At least they are getting all this poo poo out of the way today.

Gilbert in studio tomorrow!

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Followed by a live-read for Ashley-Madison.

Oh, is Howard doing live reads for AM again now? I remember when he stopped after he got married. :laugh:

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Burden posted:

Todd Phillips calling out Robin for being a horrible news woman.

Missed it on the replay. Can anyone summarize please?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

scapulataf posted:

As far as the smoking thing goes, as a smoker myself, I don't really care that I can't smoke in bars and other indoor places but I think that the outdoors thing is a little too much. Keep in mind, this is my opinion and I'm in no way trying to start poo poo. That being said, in a city like New York, I'd guess that cars, trucks and busses contribute far more pollution than smokers do.

Do you think it's an affront to your Constitutional rights like that caller yesterday?

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

chiz posted:

Most of it, I bet, is that mother of his. She warped the poo poo out of him.

I mean what is this?

Believe you me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

What is the story about Howard railing against some guy named Alex? I missed the initial explanation but caught mentions of it later in the show.