Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I switched to the dub halfway through this episode of Blue Gener and it's exactly the same.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The explanation of why the Sleepers are important makes negative sense.

Like, it doesn't just not makes sense, it goes beyond making no sense.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Marlene has the concept of Sleeper super soldiers explained to her once, then she has one mock battle and she's like, "the way he moves, he must be a Sleeper!"

You don't know that. Don't act like you know all about Sleeper Super Soldiers, lady.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What is happening to this show?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I think dub Yuji is better than original Yuji

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

What is happening to this show?

hmm
this is good

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

This isn't Dougram. Watch more Dougram.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Dougram is 75 episodes long, I don't have the attention span to go through it all in one go.

plus i'm mad that they killed the best character.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Fair enough. If you're still in a Takahashi kick watch FLAG, it's short and good.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really hope the lesbians don't die

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Now they're just taking my piss

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
OK, the actual explanation for the Sleepers makes sense.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I didn't crop this, it's just a screenshot

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

This one is bad enough I can't actually make out what the word is even supposed to be, and as far as I'm aware it's generally held as true that as long as the first and last letters of a word are correct you should be able to make out what the word was meant to be. I'm thinking detonate, but I've no idea if it's true. Put me out of my misery and solve the puzzle for me.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That came up when the character activated the self-destruct system, so presumably detonate is correct

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Between Blue Gender and VOTOMS, I guess this dude is fond of climactic confrontations in cylindrical computer rooms in space.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Uhhhh, why are you taking the insane rantings of a crazy bug brain man as the unquestionable truth? Are you dumb?

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

boom boom boom posted:

Between Blue Gender and VOTOMS, I guess this dude is fond of climactic confrontations in cylindrical computer rooms in space.
Given Layzner, I think giant cylinders in space might be all that's required.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The last couple episdoes of Blue Gender shoulda been one episode, IMO. The Blue hit their preset kill limit. They reached their limit and shut down, now the Earth is cool. Got it. We don't need a big fight with a Super-Blue and Yuji going into a laser flower. That was just filler.

But beyond that, it wasn't a bad show at all! Why were you weirdos all, "Blue Gender? Ew, don't watch that show."?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

The last couple episdoes of Blue Gender shoulda been one episode, IMO. The Blue hit their preset kill limit. They reached their limit and shut down, now the Earth is cool. Got it. We don't need a big fight with a Super-Blue and Yuji going into a laser flower. That was just filler.

But beyond that, it wasn't a bad show at all! Why were you weirdos all, "Blue Gender? Ew, don't watch that show."?

Have you slept since finishing it? If not the dreams will be your answer.

Whatever the Walrus asks, don't lie to him. HE WILL KNOW.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

boom boom boom posted:

Is that what happened at the end? I remember the last couple of episodes making no sense at all.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Sakurazuka posted:

Is that what happened at the end? I remember the last couple of episodes making no sense at all.

You'd love Gasaraki then

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I do actually love Gasaraki

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah. The Earth decided that there were too many humans, so it sent the Blue to kill most people. Then, that done, the Blue built a big tower, went inside and died. All of this is explained by the characters, they get what's going on, but there's also a giant laser flower in the Blue graveyard, which is the will or the consciousness of the Earth. This hasn't been foreshadowed or set up at all, it's just there, and Yuji is all, "I gotta go into the laser flower" and Marlene is like, no it's over, live happily with me, but Yuji goes into the laser flower, which beams images into his brain which illustrate what Marlene just told him, including that he should go live happily with her, so he gets out of the laser flower and is like, "welp, it wasn't very convincing coming from you, but if the laser flower says so..." The End.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

boom boom boom posted:

If I remember properly part of it has to do with Blue Gender having an amazingly awful movie adaption of the show that tacks on a really confusing and bad ending

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Blue Gender is actually pretty good, yeah. If anything the bad reputation is based on when it got shown on Adult Swim back when I was like 7 or 8 and they basically edited it to remove everyone's death scenes, which predictably turns the story into total nonsense.

e: as you can probably glean, this was before my time a little, I mostly know of it because I read that Edit List column on ANN a long, long while back and they were kinda all like "holy Jesus gently caress they're butchering this show!"

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 26, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Blue Gender is actually pretty good, yeah. If anything the bad reputation is based on when it got shown on Adult Swim back when I was like 6 and they basically edited it to remove everyone's death scenes, which predictably turns the story into total nonsense.

I have to assume they removed all the Heinlein style casual sex too.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

They didn't actually. Which is strange considering how TV edits normally work.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I read Shin Getter Robo. I thought Getter Rays were like, the opposite of dinosaurs? So how was Gore there? The others were people, so it makes sense that they could like, be part of the Getter energy deal, but Gore was a dinosaur. Am I misunderstanding what was going on? Or does it get explained in Arc?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Getter Rays are weird.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I read Shin Getter Robo. I thought Getter Rays were like, the opposite of dinosaurs? So how was Gore there? The others were people, so it makes sense that they could like, be part of the Getter energy deal, but Gore was a dinosaur. Am I misunderstanding what was going on? Or does it get explained in Arc?

Well, in Go the getter did say that all life on earth was precious, including dinosaurs. It's also possibe the high amount of getter rays is making Saotome hallucinate.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

dis astranagant posted:

Getter Rays are weird.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Super Robot Thread Z2: Getter Rays Are Weird

On a more serious note, I need to sit my rear end down and finish watching Heroman. I've started over twice because I got distracted, dropped it for a few months, then forgot where I was. And then figure out what to watch next, I guess, all this newfangled stuff is strange and confusing beyond "gently caress Eureka Seven." Maybe Godmars as a comedy option if nothing else jumps at me.

Gorg?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guyver posted:

They didn't actually. Which is strange considering how TV edits normally work.

man I highly doubt they just straight up showed titty on 2002-2003 Adult Swim :psyduck:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

dis astranagant posted:

Getter Rays are weird.

So are the Getter pilots, so I guess it fits.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Discotek's picked up Gaiking, coming in 2016.

And that SD Bluray release of Samurai Pizza Cats is actually happening.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

FortMax posted:

Discotek's picked up Gaiking, coming in 2016.

And that SD Bluray release of Samurai Pizza Cats is actually happening.

Original or LODM?

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

FortMax posted:

Original.

Hope this does well so we get a release for LODM as well eventually(also kinda surprised that Discotek hasn't said anything about bringing the original Getter Robo anime here yet)

• Locked thread