Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dante80 posted:

It is really a self-defeating argument I think, especially if you place it due to AMD loyalty (I'm not saying that guy is doing it due to that, but a lot of others do).

If you're not familiar with this guy, he almost exclusively produces videos that are pro AMD and anti NVidia/Intel. That doesn't mean he does or does not have good points, but his history is pretty clear.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNxrmUjuEWPOdyl3IWHGNoMnuyO60ABkH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Yeah, the first 1800X cost hundreds of millions of dollars. The next ones off the line were much cheaper. They absolutely bin, I'm pretty surprised someone is surprised by this.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Any benchmarks up comparing the R5 to an i7 7700k? It looks like the R5 blows the i5 out of the water overall, but I live near a Microcenter so the total cost between an R5 and an i7 setup is like $40.

I feel like a lot of reviews avoid comparing AMDs CPUs to the 7700 in both R7 and R5, which seems like a real sweet spot for an 8T CPU in terms of value. Frustrating.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Klyith posted:

PC perspective.

TR's review has a 7700k in it, but they're only done with part 1 (videogames) so far.

Thanks!

• Locked thread