Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

I've been anxiously awaiting this thread. Besides my little integrated Atom NAS I've personally never purchased an Intel CPU. I always end up looking at the huge price difference at the performance gap and wonder why people think they need to spend so much money on their computer.

Here's to AMD reclaiming the performance crown, or at least staying very competitive this generation! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

I truly want to like AMD's graphics cards. But I simply cannot. With Nvidia it doesn't matter what OS I run -- Windows, FreeBSD, Linux -- the drivers are there and they just work. And I mostly run Windows/FreeBSD right now. Nvidia's blobs have always been simple and their nvidia-settings utility a bliss to use. I can guarantee I'll get full accelleration on these platforms without much :effort: while the thought of fighting AMD/Radeon drivers again like I've done for friends makes me want to commit suicide.

Please Nvidia, figure your poo poo out. I know you're the big green monster, but I need you to not fall behind and die :ohdear:

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

movax posted:

For drivers, AMD/ATI drivers wasted a lot of my time back in the day (subjective and me being bitter I admit), the Linux support is terrible (I don't care that nvidia delivers binary blobs, because they work).

I guess I missed all the lovely nvidia card + driver combos, I went from a 6800GT->7900GT->8800GTS->GTX 460 only really upgrading because eVGA RMA'd me a newer card. So, I don't know anything about drivers murdering cards or whatnot. :shobon:

I think we're internet twins in regards to our nvidia cards. Blobs have always worked perfect for me and I bought nearly identical cards and missed the nvidia murder tales.

• Locked thread