Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AMDs stock keeps getting rocked, there seems to be very little confidence in them anymore. Its a drat shame what a few years of playing catchup does to your brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Not to mention that 2500k's overclock like beasts out of hell and are getting a price cut the moment the bulldozer chips come out. You are also guaranteed an upgrade path if you really need it to the ivy bridge models.

Bulldozer is too little too late for AMD.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Civil posted:

I thought Intel didn't cut prices of their chips. But yeah, AMD is getting a serious black eye off this one. I hope it doesn't mean the beginning of the end. Intel needs a competitor.

The 2700k will replace the 2600k so the 2600k will get a natural price cut. I'd guess they'll lower the price of the rest of the chips to compensate as well but there's a chance Intel wont do it cause lack of competition etc.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nam Taf posted:

For the first time in 9 months, I feel a twang of regret buying a Skylake.

You should probably wait for benchmarks before you feel any regret. It wouldn't be the first time that everything looks good on paper and then womp womp, big wet fart.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

EdEddnEddy posted:

I understand that for sure. The game is nowhere near optimized, but considering the level of resources it does require isn't outside of the ballpark of future games in the next 5 years or so if technology does allow them to have that much excess from todays 4 core systems.

Really if you can run Star Citizen well in its current form, it isn't a terrible metric to think that it shows you can run pretty much anything else well too. Kinda like the modern Crysis of old.

SC framerate is mostly server limited so its an incredibly bad tool to try and get an accurate reading on anything hardware wise. Also its entire production has been hilarious trainwreck, even now you have games that look much better than it, let alone in like 4 years when its actually out if they dont run out of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im guessing reviewers cant release a review that doesn't follow AMDs guidelines if they received a kit from AMD right?

• Locked thread