Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
So I just sold a couple of items on ebay to help pay for my sweet new Ryzen build and I accidentally swapped the shipping labels so both items went to the wrong buyer. FML.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Is it 100% confirmed that socket AM2/AM3 coolers will work with AM4? I don't want to buy a cooler and have to return it.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Paul MaudDib posted:

It's because the memory controller is all hosed up and Fallout 4 and Novigrad are exquisitely, singularly memory bound.

100% agreeing that it is a poo poo upgrade for practical gaming (i.e. "the poo poo that's bottlenecking me right now"). Or at least, it certainly will be until the next tranche of reviews come out in a week or two as the next BIOSs get released, then who knows. This release is a shitshow, I am pissed that AMD rushed this so bad that there is only one (lovely, half-baked) chipset and no mITX boards.

Maybe you should take a breather.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Can somebody explain to me why they're doing a staggered release of the 8 core, 6 core, and 4 core parts? How many people do they think need a high end 8 core / 16 thread processor?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

SourKraut posted:

I'm still hoping the R5 1600X turns out to be a winner. That's the one I have my eyes on potentially.

Same here, just sucks having to wait while my laptop dies a slow death.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

EdEddnEddy posted:

Also It looks like they are pushing it a little farther 1800X @ 5.8Ghz

Is that der8auer guy known around here? I was watching his delidding video and he had the forums up on his computer.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Pawn 17 posted:

I watched that this morning and I thought that was the forums as well! Looking again, I think it's just something that looks similar.

I think you're probably right. Somebody mentioned him on here and I came across that video on youtube and just assumed that he was a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Cooler Master has upgrade brackets available on their website, but I think they're all sold out unfortunately.

• Locked thread