Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Am I right in thinking that there are no ITX motherboards available to begin with for Ryzen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm most interested in the 1500x, but will the drop from 16mb to 8mb of cache hurt it much? Will the extra $30 be worthwhile for the 1600 if i don't need the extra cores?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Perplx posted:

I'm really contemplating remuxing/reencoding my entire library to apple compliant mp4 (h264 L4.2, 2ch acc, 5.1 ac3 only), seeking an mp4 with plex is so much faster than mkv on an atv4

The last time I re-encoded a load of MKV files that Plex refused to play to MP4 they had a terrible audio sync issue that got worse and worse as the file went on. Never again.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

taqueso posted:

Or learn how to do it right...

Aye, there was probably a single setting I missed somewhere in VLC but it was a rush job and I didn't have time to research how to do it.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

teagone posted:

What client devices/apps were you using where Plex couldn't play your MKV encodes? Plex really should have no problem playing back anything you throw at it, unless you really botched the encode somehow.

It's a 2 year old Sony KDL32W706BSU. Some MKVs work but not all. I figured it was an issue with my server but the same file plays fine on my phone app. Original MKV wasn't my encode.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Paul MaudDib posted:

I wonder if Golden Emperor International Ltd is aware that their trademark means "horny" in German

ja, ich bin sehr GeIL bb ;-*

Horny in Dutch, cool in German.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I haven't seen this linked yet, a video purporting to be an R5 1400 vs a 7400 http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/104167-early-amd-ryzen-5-1400-review-comparison-leaks/

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Early R5 1600 review, albeit in Spanish.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
With the R5 release tomorrow, are there still no itx motherboards for Ryzen?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I assume this means that itx x370 board that Biostar was showing off *still* hasn't made it to market yet?

It's due sometime this month apparently, with a Gigabyte itx in June.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Does anyone know when the R5 NDA is lifted?

I asked ASRock if they will have any itx and higher than Pro4 spec mATX motherboards for Ryzen and was told "There will be more AMD boards including smaller form factors, although a timeframe isn't clear right now. Computex should see a few new boards launched, but no guarantees. "

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

sauer kraut posted:

German https://www.computerbase.de/2017-04/amd-ryzen-5-test/

The 1500X, 1600 and 1600X rock. For 60/30$ more there is little reason not to go for the hexacore-X and skip overclocking headaches imho.

720p CPU composite games ranking:

The 1600x doesn't include a cooler does it? So there's a bigger price differential.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The 7700k is in lots of the reviews that are out there.

What is the recommended ram for a Ryzen system at the moment? I'm interested in an ASRock ab350M Pro4 but there are very few options at even 3000hz, and zero at 3200. Given that Ryzen seems to love higher speed ram, that's rather annoying.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Risky Bisquick posted:

You're board of choice seems special snowflake there are not many validations here site:valid.x86.fr "ASRock AB350M"

It's the best mATX ASRock have to offer, comparable to the MSI Mortar but with more power phases. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much choice in the mATX world for Ryzen (and of course zero choice for itx).

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Risky Bisquick posted:

:airquote: Supposedly :airquote: Biostar is releasing an ITX board imminently

Gigabyte have one coming out in June, and ASRock have more on the horizon, with news at Computex, but that's still ages away.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Paul MaudDib posted:

Asrock has disavowed their ITX board.

I had this reply from them:
"There will be more AMD boards including smaller form factors, although a timeframe isn't clear right now. Computex should see a few new boards launched, but no guarantees."

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Paul MaudDib posted:

"smaller form factor" could also mean uATX.

Crossing my fingers of course, but I'm pessimistic when I read corporate speak. I'm surprised you even got a response like that out of a CSR rep.

It could, but they said "smaller form factorS", so I'm hopeful. It's still going to be 4+ months away though, minimum.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

kirtar posted:

It's also on the ASRock QVL.

Sadly not on the matx ones.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Don Lapre posted:

I see a qvl for their matx boards.

No G.Skillz Flare X on them though is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

kirtar posted:

I have not checked which of these have AM4 mounting available.

The H7 definitely does.

• Locked thread