Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Does anyone know for sure what the limitations may be of using AM3 boards instead of AM3+ ones? I've read something along the lines of voltage adjustment for power savings not being as good along with something related to Hyper Transport speeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

JustAnother Fat Guy posted:

Apple make a big deal out of their relationship with intel, and intel do make better cpu's for the time being, i don't see them switching soon, unless AMD literally blows intel clean out of the water.

I'm imagining this involves AMD hiring Xe to blow up ships loaded with Intel chips on their way to Costa Rica and Vietnam for assembly.

• Locked thread