Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!
Definitely getting either 1 of the 7970s or dual 7950s, whatever ends up being the best price point below $600, can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm bummed there's no mention of 4x display port/1DVI/1HDMI or something similar. Only one 6 display card is kinda lame with the power that the 7970 has going for it.

I guess there's hope that they include active display adapters for those of us with 6 monitors but not all display port...

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

Autarch Kade posted:

Also, is there a need for six gigs of video memory versus going with the higher clocked three gig card when it comes to using three monitors?

I would think the 6Gb/6DP version is designed around using 6 monitors since it's a pretty niche market. If you 1-4 monitors you go with any of the other options. 5-6+ (with MST Hub I guess) you go 6 DP.

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

Nothing past 4 monitor support yet which is kinda lame. Hopefully the 6DP model shows up soonish...

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

Overclockers.co.uk has posted some benchmarks/info on the 7950 FWIW, $399 price point is not really working for me, 7970 seems to be the right buy still.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18366789

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

As one of the 3 people in the world actually using DisplayPort (and using it to carry sound too!), I feel qualified to say that it owns.

Care to say why? It seems so similar to HDMI I don't really get it (although I plan to use it when my 7970 comes)

• Locked thread