Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The Return of Ann Coulter episode was surprisingly calm and cordial. Even the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I think everybody was caught off guard with Jones going on about shedding tears for Nav/Mandela equating, of all things in this present moment of world happenings, plus he was there to beat down on protestors and barely disagreed with her in spirit with just about anything.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Well, she did keep touching his arm. Jones is a man, and it is impossible to not be taken in by Ann’s Charm.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I kind of feel bad even saying I watched this, but I clicked his Cojones awards bit on Youtube this morning... holy poo poo, this is dire.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The man just can't stop from touching that clearly hot electric stovetop when it comes to JKR, SMH.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

As soon as the award segment started I paused and tried to guess who the worst recipient would be - Carano? Shapiro? Some UFC chap "telling it like it is?" Then the Garth Brooks award was pro-LGBT and I knew the pivot was coming, and Bill did not disappoint my dread.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bill Maher Fires CAA After Oscar Party Snub (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/bill-maher-fires-caa-oscar-party-snub-1235853885/

Sources say the ‘Real Time’ host was furious after he wasn’t invited to Bryan Lourd’s Academy Awards bash.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

With each passing week Bill seems more convinced that Trump is going to defeat Biden in November. For many intents and purposes it feels like Trump never went away anyway. If he wins some will think it's like a twelve year term rather than eight. And the MAGAs will be beaming with pride and talking about how "quitters never win and winners never quit!" for the next few decades.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I can definitely see him winning again. There'll be a "how do you stop what's happening in Isreal/Palastine?" question during the debate and he'll toss out some worthless "my plan is fantastic you've never seen a better plan" type poo poo that moron undecideds will go "Wow really makes you think!!"
That combined with enough dumbass college kids deciding to stay home and to stick it to Biden in protest and yeah I can see Trump 2 happening

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
It’s not the college kid’s fault that the Democratic Party has literally offered them no material improvements to their lives, ever.

“It votes for Biden or it gets the Trump again” is not a strategy that will win a single voter under 35. Politics is a zero sum game: at least the Red Hats get culture war meat to chew on. The DNC promises only that things will stay exactly the same as they are now. They didn’t even get rid of DeJoy for fucks sake. When your entire platform is “we aren’t that guy” at least attempt to make some kind of substantive policy changes.

Absent Biden suddenly giving a single gently caress about anything important to his voting base outside of Upper East Side Manhattan: Orange Man 2 is very likely.

Also gently caress Bill for saying every kid in Gaza is a terrorist or whatever bullshit he was on. Even Bill Burr called him out.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I wouldn't be surprised either. It's clear he has a lifetime sway over a segment of the population and one should never underestimate the fickleness of voters either. Trump being resurrected like a villain from a horror sequel seems almost too perfect.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The intersection of I/P woes* and Bill's longstanding hatred of The Youths really is taking him to some dark, shameful recesses in the earth and company he keeps.

Election is by no means a lock, let alone this far out as nigh everybody still hope for some kind of something to where neither ticket as we now know it winds up happening. Biden really has put forth a lot of effort to fumble some of the easiest distinctions he could've drawn to contrast though, at minimum.

TargetShoplifter
May 13, 2024

ExiledTinkerer posted:

The intersection of I/P woes* and Bill's longstanding hatred of The Youths really is taking him to some dark, shameful recesses in the earth and company he keeps.

Election is by no means a lock, let alone this far out as nigh everybody still hope for some kind of something to where neither ticket as we now know it winds up happening. Biden really has put forth a lot of effort to fumble some of the easiest distinctions he could've drawn to contrast though, at minimum.

Yeah that's the problem, everyone on the Democrat side seems to think it's just a messaging problem and he just needs to point out the distinctions better, meanwhile the status quo remains unchanged, Trump's policies are just getting accelerated under Biden, and he doesn't even have the most minimal accomplishment like passing a republican health plan like Obama did. Doing nothing and focusing on messaging about how you're not Trump is pretty much losing on purpose.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Zogo posted:

Trump being resurrected like a villain from a horror sequel seems almost too perfect.

Trump slowly stalking his villains while carrying a comically large knife, but it's actually worse than Jason because at least Jason is a politely quiet fellow and isn't whining at you about the inefficiency of modern toilets all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Yeah, the only thing keeping me voting for Biden this time is that I know that if Trump wins this one, he will make his first term and he will make Biden's incompetence look like a trip to Disneyland. To the point that if we weren't facing a return of Orange Man, I probably wouldn't even vote. People warned about Biden's corruption issues, about how right wing he is for a Democrat, but holy gently caress I had no idea he would actively continue Trump era policies writ large no problem.