Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

I don't always agree with Cornel West but he is one of the best guests ever on these kinds of shows.

Need him, Neil Degrasse Tyson, and a fired-up Anthony Wiener all at the same time.

I loved Cornel West because of how crazy he seems (even though I know how intelligent he us), and I love Tyson on Nova but Tyson's appearance on Maher's show was just filled with too many awkward moments of silence for 3-4 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I don't get all the Maher hate. Sure, he's rather smug and all, but at least he is honest. I know plenty of liberals who feel the way he does regarding Muslims but they'll never admit it publically.

I like it when he has good panel guests, and it's not just the right wingers who are garbage. Michael Moore is an absolute disgrace to have on his show.

My ideal episode would be Maher + panel David Frum, Matt Taibbi, Some religious figure and then Colbert in charaacter as his 4th guest.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

ApexAftermath posted:

I fully support this. Where the hell has Matt Taibbi been this year anyways? He's the best.

Hopefully embedding himself in the tea party or wall street so he can write another awesome book.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

wargames posted:

This right here, the amount of anti-science horseshit in this episode was too much.

Yeah, I think I'm done with the show after this one.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So,

I don't post much in here, but I love this show. I have a facebook politics group and have organized a group outing of 25 people to see him do stand up on August 27th in Boston. One of the people going happens to be friends with Barney Frank so he is going to be attending with us AND he managed to secure a backstage pass for me. I know none of you care but the fact that I'm going to spend a day with Barney Frank at a cookout and then on a party bus before I get to meet Bill Maher is a loving awesome thing.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Keyser_Soze posted:

All the Parkland kids are great and I hope we are still hearing from them for years into the future instead of people like the Tiger Mom.

David Hogg seemed drunk in Overtime. Other than that, I agree.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

I see. Did it show Trump and friends being '"puppets of Russia" as so many liberals claimed?

It most certainly did. Manafort gave polling data to Russian intelligence, and they hacked into election systems in those states. It is 200 pages of people in his campaign working to get info on Hillary from the Russians but no proof Trump ordered anything beyond “find the emails.”

Mueller also referred 24 separate matters dealing with it to different agencies, and the report didn’t really cover the counter intelligence aspect of the investigation.

The sheer amount of Russians who had lived here for years infiltrating American society and then fled to Russia once the investigation began is telling.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Slutitution posted:

No, and Maher, Maddow and co. are working overtime to reelect Trump by saying otherwise. They're also competing for how many warmongering government agents they bring on their shows.

Yeah you should stop talking if you haven’t read the report

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Former Human posted:

Hey Barney Frank is bar none the best politician to ask when you want to hire gay prostitutes.

I hate that guy

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I once went to a Bill Maher stand up special, with Barney Frank, on a party bus. Frank is a grumpy rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

big trivia FAIL posted:

i can't look at barney frank without picturing him in that outfit trump called him out about on twitter. nipples protruding! disrespectful!

I once shared a party bus with Barney....