Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

CNBC is trash. I can't believe there are still people defending the Laffer Curve who have a major voice in the media of economics.

She's even worse on overtime... Ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Holy crap that tea party chick is absolutely retarded.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Gonzo McFee posted:

What annoys me is that Maher will attack Fox news for lovely journalism, racism and so on but he'll take Muslim bashing stories verbatem from their journalistic equivalents around the world, a lot of them coming under the same News Corp banner as Fox News.

I think he's sick of all religions. I agree with him on that aspect.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

ApexAftermath posted:

Doesn't help when Julian Schnabel's brains fall out of his head and he totally locks up.

Still not as weird as that hostile interview with the Kennedy. God drat that was JUST WEIRD. It was like both parties didn't want to do the interview. What was the point of having him on?

The Kennedy/Shriver was actually on Colbert like 2 days ago, a much better interview if you wanted to watch it.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Kennedy... Jesus Christ.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Windmills are 16th century technology?? Ugh...

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Man, the part about the Mormon church/donations was one of the best segments I've seen in a while.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Overtime was much better than the show this week.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
That was one of the best episodes I've seen in a long time.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Almost felt sorry for that republican tonight.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
That 350.org guy was right on.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
SE Cupp is so loving pointless to have on the show. She literally brings nothing to it, except annoyance.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Overtime:

Sam L Jackson said he was with Bruce Willis in Die Hard 2. :lol:

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Holy poo poo, Abby Huntsman is loving retarded.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Jesus christ that blonde is dumb. BUT NORTH DAKOTA HAS LOW UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
SE Cupp is pretty lovely and useless overall.

And it looks like she is getting another show. CROSS FIRE WITH NEWT GINGRICH/CUPP on one side...

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Well I was curious so I looked it up and there are no caterpillar jobs in Nevada. At least listed.

I haven't been in high school for a decade, but when I was there they definite push 4 year degrees WAY over 2 year degrees. Rowe did appear with Romney but said he didn't endorse him.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Pro-PRC Laowai posted:

They have "positions" open most definitely.
So when they are saying that a job starts at $40k and "after a few years" it's $100k+, that's bullshit. What they are wanting is someone to come and replace high-paid workers and require no training to do it. The "after a few years" is most likely representative of the current workers they want to get rid of.

In essence, they want people who are so desperate that they will work for peanuts and eat big bowls of poo poo, have all the experience of the current workers, so they can improve the bottom line.

Not saying that there are not decently paying "blue collar" jobs out there, but as stated before, they want to dilute the wage-demand power from the current workforce. The good stuff out there, it's a matter of getting loving lucky.

Sounds like all those former tank repair guys coming home from the Army have it set then :patriot:

edit: gently caress this was only a few months ago, Caterpillar's CEO defends wage cuts.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/05/24/pcat-m24.html

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Dan Savage kicked some rear end on the show.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Radio Nowhere posted:

I guess the more disgusting Santorum is first now.

How did you guys missed when Santorum blamed google for it, and saying if it was Obama it would have been removed.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Ha that blonde chick is so frustrated that she can't spout of her stupid talking points.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Space Pussy posted:

The Greenwald interview was fantastic if only to see Maher squirm. Or maybe I'm the idiot because I don't see what was crazy about the Snowden quote. Maher getting defensive over Obama's NSA position was also hilarious as you could almost see him regret giving the guy that million.

Well somehow if you donate to Republican candidates, they pretty much do what their donators want them to. You donate to Obama, and he pretty much just acts like a Republican with 70% of everything anyways.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

comes along bort posted:

Having never heard her speak before it went a long way toward explaining why she nearly destroyed HP, but raised the question how in the hell did they hire her in the first place.

The late 90's were a crazy time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I like how Bill completely ignored the whole, future generations of terrorists thing when you blow up people with drones.

I can't seem to find Jeremy Schaill's website though.