Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khurath
Jul 26, 2007

IRQ posted:

When it comes to most things Maher is a willfully ignorant shitbag, he just knows his audience real well. Him having a show is actually rather unfortunate as he is along the same lines as the Fox News pundits when it comes to sophistication. He's not all that much unlike Fox News pundits aside from his show not professing to be actual news or being on a news channel. His islamophobia (and his dumbass vaccination paranoia) is just what trips the bullshit detector real hard because for the most part he tends to parrot the views of the pathetic mess that accounts for the mainstream US "left."

Pretty much this. I've pulled my podcast subscription (unrelated, but the production quality of which has been atrocious for months now) just because there's no reason to listen anymore. Every conversation goes exactly the way you would expect given who's on the panel, so unless you really like standup comedy built on lazy stereotypes there's no reason to tune in. Watching him deal with the occasional crazy audience member is kinda funny, I suppose, but that doesn't happen regularly enough to be a draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU