Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

porkfriedrice posted:

Remind me again why it's necessary for the show to have the fifth guest spot (plug central)? Usually that segment ends up interrupting good debate just so Bill can kiss the person's rear end for ten minutes and talk about their upcoming book/movie/TV show etc. Not talking about Lisa Kudrow specifically, it just seems that it adds nothing to the show. I think it was two weeks ago that the fifth guest said absolutely nothing for the rest of the show after the plugs were over, which seems like such a waste. This isn't the Tonight Show, it's HBO, they shouldn't be tied to this pr bullshit.

That's my biggest gripe with the show. He has to take a break in the middle for not new rules unfunny poo poo (most of which he is the only one laughing at) and then another break to slip somebody in for no reason. You get like 15 minutes of debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Once he turned into crazy islamaphobe I haven't had the same respect for him. I can understand you not liking those mean internet pirates Bill, but literally saying all Muslims are violent is way too crazy for me to take you seriously anymore. Afleck was right.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No, Maher has shoved his head further up his own rear end the past few years and the show is barely watchable. Most of his arguments are from a senile old rich man pretending he gives one iota of poo poo about what happens politically. His jokes have been garbage for a long time and he gets mad when people don't like them. The only good parts about the show (the panel) are cut short by lovely guests or dumb skits nobody cares about. Sad thing is it used to be good.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yes the reefer madness has taken hold of Maher. He's an old man that needs to be arguing the dumb poo poo he does in an old folks home.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

More importantly he's a rich white man.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don't thin Bill has written a joke for himself in over a decade.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

When can we start blaming the baby boomers?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The better question would be, what does Bill hope to accomplish with by trying to group millions of people into the same category? There's no nuance to it, it's just using the same rhetoric the big news channels use to make you afraid of Muslims. But I guess since he's a liberal it's ok.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He wasn't ever real funny but there was a time when he wasn't an unbearable prick and made decent points most of the time. Now he just acts like a senile old man who became the person he used to make fun of. They should give the show to someone younger and not jaded. Also preferably funnier if they're gonna keep all the dumb comedy segments.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Considering we have way more home grown terrorists that do actual damage. Focusing on one religion is dumb and of course Bill loves to just assume every one of the 1.6 billion muslims around the world are completely the same. Live in the same area, all look the same, all hate the US, and believe the exact same beliefs. For someone who pretends to be a Liberal it's pretty insulting.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 26, 2017

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I watch the show on and off but as of late I really don't like it. Any real discussion is sidelined by bad joke segments and bad guests that hock their books in the middle of them having any actual discussion. And he supposedly hates all organized religion but it's become painfully clear he has a crazy rear end bias against everyone who follows Islam instead of the very small comparative non extremists portions. If you're going to feel that way of Islam then you need to direct that crazy to other religious extremists too. They really should get someone that will have real discussions and not 10 minutes of bad talking points sandwiched between a bunch of godawful jokes.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think it’s about time for Bill to go retire on his weed farm since he brings nothing to political commentary or comedy anymore. I mean it was tenuous at best before but at least he didn’t seem like quite an old piece of poo poo all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m surprised the show hasn’t been canceled, who the gently caress even watches it?