Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, I can understand that Maher doesn't like religion in general, but why's he always have to be such a willfully ignorant racist shitbag when it comes to Islam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bruckner posted:

For one he referred to sam harris's book where he points out hate in every page in the koran. And much of what he said is true, Islamic terrorists want nuclear weapons, right wingers don't, Islamic terrorists want to destroy a country, and right wingers don't. Are these not facts?

Also, back to tavis smiley, I should post a link to adam carolla's rant regarding smiley's appearance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9UkkvyY9No I LOVE adam carolla's rants.

Terrorists loving everywhere would like to have nuclear weapons, they're terrorists, blowing poo poo up is what they do. The fact that they are or are not followers of Islam is a moot point. If McVeigh could've gotten his hands on a nuclear device instead of using ANFO explosives, he would have.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radio Nowhere posted:

But but but THEY want to do bad things! I bet that Congressman was more angry at Bill then a hundred Glenn Becks.

Especially when Bill just cut him off mid-sentence with a "Nope, don't buy it." and went on to reading his next talking point. The same drat thing that he was bitching about O'reilly doing just a few episodes ago.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does Frum have OCD or something? I lost count of how many times he had to reach and slide his mug a few centimeters in some direction.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ror posted:

...where the line between hard science and science fiction is.
"Science Futurism!" :pseudo:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Former Human posted:

The first half of this episode drove me up a wall. Two rightwing batty women interrupting everyone to spout half-baked ideology does not make a good show.

"The government does not create jobs!"
"Really? During the Great Depression the government didn't create jobs?"
"Ok yes... but they weren't job jobs!"

Ann Coulter is a loving troll, physically and mentally. She's the Jan Brady of politics, stamping her feet and shaking her head when people stop giving her attention for two seconds. Her politics are idiotic but her personality is even worse.

ugghhh Bill, come onnnnn, whaaaaat

edit: holy gently caress she claims on Overtime that we bombed Egypt and forced out President Mubarak? She is beyond stupid.
:stare: Did she unhinge her jaw and swallow a jungle rat right before this, or is that just a huge adam's apple?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time I saw the poo poo-eating grin on that fat motherfuckers smug face on tonight's episode I wanted to kick my loving tv in.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 15, 2011

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

readingatwork posted:

You can't be mean or snide enough to a conservative as far as I'm concerned. Their worldview is absurd, their governing ability laughable, and the things the actually try to do are almost without exception morally reprehensible. It's so bad these days that I no longer even consider them a legitimate worldview or political movement. Just a loose mix of religious cultists and con men trying to strip the copper out of the walls before the nation's demographics change and they are run out of town by an angry mob.

gently caress them. They should be openly mocked on every show they go on and it's a sad statement about us all that they're not.

Edit: I guess my point is that Maher is doing just fine and doesn't really need to change anything.
I feel bad about it, but the moment I hear a a friend or family member espousing modern day conservative view points I literally get mad at them, sometimes to the point of almost getting into a fist fight and severing(once, at least.) I just don't see how in 2011 an intelligent person could support anyone/thing really that's been brought forth by the right.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thepopstalinist posted:

Yukking it up with Keith Olbermann on the regular. So he made a lateral move from a show run by a guy who's smug and occasionally funny to a show run by a guy who's even more smug (not to mention self-important) and believes he's funny, when he never is.
I love Keith Olbermann's show if only for the fact that it's like a liberal version of the O'Reilly Factor.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

While Olbermann does have his moments...no.
I've think I've watched O'Reilly's show maybe twice but they both seem pretty similar to me. They're both commentators who have shows directed at a their wing about how the other side is ruining everything. Olbermann's might be different in that it's based on fact instead of FYGM but other than that...?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Yes other than that teeny tiny point.

There's also the fact that Olbermann doesn't attack his guests & cut their mics off.
Dude, I like the guy. I'm not attacking him. All I'm saying is his show is the liberal analogue of O'Reilly's, and it is in that conservatives probably look at it the way liberals do the Factor.

Back to Real Time discussion.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo that was a good episode, reminded me why I watch the show and deal with assholes like Fund and Christie. Loved how often the camera would center on West and the Australian guy going back and forth.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zogo posted:

There's a lot of that sentiment but is your typical Republican really calling for its dissolution?

Do people believe that knowing one language is better than knowing two?
:bahgawd::White peopleAMERICANS shouldn't have to learn MEXICAN, MEXICANS should learn to speak AMERICAN!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zVxTeflon posted:

Why is this so unreasonable? Noones advocating that you completely abandon your culture when you come here but to not learn the language of the country you choose to live in is retarded on many levels. Every person here would be all " :rolleyes: stupid american living in /visiting another country and not even bothering to learn the native language."
I agree that you should learn the native language of a country if you plan on living there, but it doesn't hurt to learn a second language when there's a growing population in your own country that is more comfortable using it or speaks it exclusively.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thomas Frank burned that Buchholz guy. :fry:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't get it, did you quote the wrong person and haven't realized it yet or something?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else getting tired of Bill getting mad at the audience for not laughing at a bad joke? A couple times every episode he'll either flub the delivery or just make a straight up unfunny joke and then turn and give the audience the finger or act like they didn't laugh because they were offended. Like, no, you just made a lovely joke dude.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Immortan posted:

Best takedown of :shillary: & her campaign in the media so far. Thanks Sullivan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7exyHxzXPE

And I find myself agreeing with Andrew Sullivan. Is this what the world's come to?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope he never comes on the show.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No he's better than Jon Stewart because he's not constantly pulling punches and doesn't do "see, the democrats are just as bad!" bullshit stories.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Immortan posted:

I was wrong. The only thing more insufferable than John Oliver is my posting.

This checks out.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't the show filmed in California? Presumably he has a medical recommendation so I don't even know what there is to "get away" with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ausmund posted:

How were they bullshit? His intentions were to point out the failures and ridiculousness of the inner workings of our political system and media for a laugh. He wasn't pushing a liberal or democratic agenda.
I can't pick out any recent examples off the top of my head. I stopped watching when they ignored Occupy until they had enough material for them to mock the movement.

Ausmund posted:

If the internet says it's perfect that means it's perfect! No need to have my own opinion!

For me, it's apples and oranges. Oliver/Stewart aren't political comedians, Maher is. Oliver's end game is to get a laugh, Maher's is to make a point. I appreciate the different approaches and it depends on what I'm in the mood for.
If Maher's not in it to get the laugh why's he always get so pissy when his jokes bomb?