Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

SyRauk posted:

What a long, pointless tirade against Mars exploration. Remember all the cool loving technology developed during the Apollo program that we now use today?

I hope he has Tyson or Nye show up and comment on this stupid loving rant.

Couldn't agree more. Couldn't investing research in terraforming help us with our problems here, like scrubbing all that poo poo out of our atmosphere? Also, why cant we do both? We can go to Mars AND save the planet. I didn't ever think that the two were mutually exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
I'm glad Joy Behar called Bill out regarding complaining about being old all the time. She even called him out a second time when he brought it up again. Old man Maher afraid to die? News at 11

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
A fool's only achievement is death.

But seriously, Bill of late has had a fixation on being old and grumbling about young people.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Whale Vomit posted:

It's really akin to people waiting to change N- Jim's name in Huck Finn. We can't white wash the past or condemn a piece of media/art because today it looks problematic. Our society is developing in part with media, and we risk losing progress by ignoring our troubling past.

I may be wrong but isn't Jim's name "Jim" in Huck Finn? Not "friend of the family Jim?" People refer to him as a "friend of the family" BUT that's not his name. His name is just Jim. Its like Frankenstein's Monster. Frankenstein is the doctor, the monster is just the monster. Its a common misconception.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
He’s coming back without writers, cause who needs them, right?

https://deadline.com/2023/09/writers-strike-real-time-with-bill-maher-returns-no-writers-hbo-1235546393/