Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So no one has anything to say about the latest episode? I thought it was kind of uncomfortable. Bill Maher's interview with the (gorgeous) Egyptian reporter lady who's name I forget right now had a kind of uncomfortable moment in the middle, and I was a bit disappointed that Anthony Weiner really didn't say much of substance, since I usually like hearing him debate things. Weiner would have been much better suited on a panel with two republicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Bill really seems to go out of his way to poo poo on Islam. I'm an atheist too, and there's a ton of things about Islam I don't like, but somehow Bill Maher just sounds like a douche when he talks about it. Maybe it's his face or something...

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
This episode flowed better than last week, but yeah the final new rule was pretty weak. I guess they wanted to make it love-themed since Valentine's Day is coming up.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe I'm crazy but wasn't Kerry Washington supposed to be on this week or last week? I remember seeing her name on a "Next Week Bill's guests include" list, but she wasn't on.

I know she's one of the more useless guests Bill has, but hey she's cute. V:shobon:V :colbert:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
No one had anything to say about the last episode?

I guess I will: boy, that TC Boyle seems like a weird fellow. His interview segment just felt awkward as all hell.

And he's 62? Well darn, he does look good for his age.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My biggest problem with Bill Maher is he doesn't practice what he preaches. He goes on and on about how reporters don't do their job or ask tough questions. Then Maher himself will have a far right guest or two on and he will either throw softballs (like with Joe the Plumber) or flat out forget to call them on their poo poo. Now, you could make the argument that Bill's not a journalist and therefore not the one to do that type of work, but I think it would benefit Bill greatly to be the one to call them out on their idiocy and/or lies, then look into the camera and say "see, news media? That's how you do it!"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

RevBabyKiller posted:

but Belzer did Rob Williams himself

Nothing will EVER be as bad as when Robin Williams was a panelist on this show. I still try not to think about it. I would rather have Stephen Moore as a panelist on every episode from now on, forever, than have Robin Williams on this show again.

fart blood fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 19, 2011

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Oops, double post

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

AltronHGX posted:

What happened when Robin Williams was on the show?

Basically, he wouldn't stop being Robin Williams. Acting wacky and coked out and making nonsense silly voices, often interrupting everyone to do it. Bill Maher couldn't even get through his New Rules because every time he said a sentence, Robin Williams would react with some random stupid voice/remark. How Bill didn't strangle him on the air is beyond me, but notice he hasn't been back since.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Wow at the beginning when Bill said "let's meet our panel" on quick glance I thought Andrew Sullivan was Rob Reiner.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I have never seen Ed Shultz before today and all I can say after this episode is I sincerely never want to see or hear him ever again.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Reza Aslan had a few awkward jokes (REALLY awkward) about 35 minutes into the episode, but overall I liked it.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I guess there was no Real Time last night?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
This whole episode stank, until the final New Rule. That was a great final New Rule - Bill Maher really shines when he's angry about something.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

But you can't really fault Bill for taking it easy on her. If he eviscerated every right-wing nutjob on his show there'd be a straight liberal panel on week in and week out.

Well, if they can't take the heat...

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Thank God for Eliot Spitzer for defending reality from the two shitbags on the panel aligned with idiocy.

He was GREAT tonight. The worst part was when he was trying to explain to the blonde lady that she was wrong and she just kept repeating "OBAMA DOUBLED THE DEFICIT IT'S A FACT :downs:" and he handled himself like a pro.

It's a shame he can never run for office again because he liked hookers. :(

EDIT: Also, my biggest gripe is when tea partiers say "We were against Bush's spending too!" and I'm glad Bill called them out on that bullshit line.

fart blood fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 30, 2011

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh, and the blonde lady's comments that atheism killed more people in the 20th century is beyond ridiculous, but I'm used to stupid arguments about atheism so that rolled off my back.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Radio Nowhere posted:

Maybe it was Maher being really pissed at Obama, or Neil deGrasse Tyson and Anthony Bourdain; but I thought this was a pretty good episode and season finale.

drat, season finale already? But the US Credit rating just got downgraded! I was kinda hoping he'd be around to have panels discussing that.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
drat, Maher's opening monologue was VENOMOUS last night. He just looked aggravated and tired of it all. This is the Bill Maher I like: the pissed off one.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

richardfun posted:

I know it's the View, but it's got Maher in it so I'm posting this clip here.

Watch Elizabeth Hasselbeck give new meaning to the term passive-aggressive.

Also, why the hell would he appear on that show. I'd assume that's about as far away from his target audience as he could possibly get...

Good heavens. Bill Maher and Elizabeth Hasselback need to hatefuck and get it over with.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Aside from Bill Maher's stupid views on SOPA ("Everyone just wants free poo poo!" Uhm, no Bill...) This was a decent episode.

Bernie Sanders. :allears:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm only 15 minutes into this episode and Dana Rohrabacher is making me want to punch my TV.

And Kennedy is still around?? :psyduck:

EDIT: Now I'm having a hard time deciding whether Dana or Kennedy is worse.

EDIT AGAIN: Kennedy just called atheism a religion? :psypop:

fart blood fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 28, 2012

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Stephen Moore is such a piece of poo poo.

I can't stress this enough. The man is garbage and I have no idea why he's constantly on this show. It's not like he's there to be humiliated because he never really has been on this show.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I was a bit confused by Bill Maher's final New Rule on friday about how if you don't like something, just ignore it and go on with your life. Not for nothing, but isn't this the guy that made a whole documentary on religion because he doesn't like it?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Buchholz was a complete rear end and ruined this episode. Between him, and Maher's rather bad monologue, this whole episode was a chore to watch.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
To all of you discussing your worst panel ideas....have you all forgotten when Robin Williams was on the panel many years ago? He was the only one Bill Maher looked like he wanted to run over with his fists. He was loving unbearable.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

HURR LET ME INTERRUPT PEOPLE TALKING BY YELLING UNFUNNY JOKES IN A STUPID VOICE

It was horrible.

Bill couldn't even get through New Rules because halfway through every sentence Robin Williams had to interrupt him with an unfunny voice impression that had nothing to do with what Bill was saying. Why Bill didn't tell him on Live TV to shut up is beyond me. I guess he respects him or something...

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I liked seeing Krugman on the show, but with two economists on the panel I was really surprised that they didn't talk about the Eurozone and Greece's inevitable departure from it.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Bit of an unappealing episode this week. Nothing too major. Just...there.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

ExiledTinkerer posted:

On the flip(?) side though, the next ep features the return of Gillespie...

I'd probably prefer more subdued ones to that, but maybe this time somebody will lose it on his sorry self.

I'd be interested in Mark Ruffalo being on the panel. Looking forward to that.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
The best part of tonight's episode was when the subject was Manti Tei'o, and everyone was offering insight, and then Rula Jebreal chimes in quite coldly with "Why are we talking about this idiot when so much terrible stuff is out there?" It was gold. She looked like she didn't want to be there, though.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
That Kennedy interview about vaccines made me so angry.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
It was tough watching the abortion talk on this episode...it was just making me irrationally angry at pro-life candidates for office.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Apoplexy posted:

We do, it's called Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. If you mean panel show, and really want to see a trainwreck, check out The Nightly Show to see just how off the rails something like that could end up with someone even more incompetent in charge.

Nightly Show is good.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

I mean maybe compared to Bill Maher.

.... No not even then.

Nah it's a good show.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Usually I groan when Bill whines at a crowd not liking his joke, but I liked his reaction to their reaction to his Charlie Chaplin joke. Well, I laughed at least. :shobon:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Watching the Hillary argument between Bill and Andrew Sullivan really made me wish Christopher Hitchens was still alive so he could've put his two cents in.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Anthony Weiner is such a creep and it is really a shame because he was a good fighter for our side.

Why is he back in the limelight though? I mean, I figured he'd be done with being on camera after his scandal. Then again, Spitzer shows up on Real Time a lot so...

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
That doctor seemed like a total quack.

Edit: ugh I can't believe he gave this quack TV time. This is absurd. I should just only watch PBS.

Edit #2: he even LOOKS like a scam artist, for fucks sake.

fart blood fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I love how every time PJ makes a joke on Real Time it gets a zero from the crowd. Every. Single. Time.

It's like the worst of Norm MacDonald bombing but at least when Norm bombs it's because he literally doesn't care.