Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Has anyone been able to view the Overtime segment? Show's been over for five minutes and it still hasn't come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
What did David Carr say during overtime that made him say "did I just say that?" I didn't quite catch it. Good show overall, it was pretty funny.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Was anyone else unable to see Overtime tonight? Wouldn't work for me. Certainly was a good episode, pretty funny and insightful overall. The nutrition guy in the interview segment was a little awkward. He was having trouble answering Bill's leading questions.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
So did Bill have to catch a plane before he did Overtime or something? The live feed didn't start (for me anyway) until they had already started, maybe they explained why Seth Macfarlane was hosting it during that time.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Did anyone see Kennedy back when she was on PI? Was it as bad as this was?

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Looking forward to Dan Rather next week, hopefully he's on the panel. Yeah, he may or may not have messed up the Bush/National Guard story, but I always thought he was a good broadcaster.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would also add that he ignores how hard police have been cracking down on Occupy, making it difficult for them to do a whole lot.

Wasn't that his point though? That the people involved in OWS should be doing things that police don't have to crack down on (ie camping out in parks) and instead be more involved in the political process?

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Present day Howard Stern is a pussy, the chances are slim.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Remind me again why it's necessary for the show to have the fifth guest spot (plug central)? Usually that segment ends up interrupting good debate just so Bill can kiss the person's rear end for ten minutes and talk about their upcoming book/movie/TV show etc. Not talking about Lisa Kudrow specifically, it just seems that it adds nothing to the show. I think it was two weeks ago that the fifth guest said absolutely nothing for the rest of the show after the plugs were over, which seems like such a waste. This isn't the Tonight Show, it's HBO, they shouldn't be tied to this pr bullshit.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
They have a week to write, rehearse and prepare the show. The attacks happened hours before a live broadcast. No way they could've scrapped everything and rewrote the show to completely focus on Paris.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
There's no denying that Islam places pretty high on the Shittiest Religions list.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Dan Savage doesn't want to give up on the Dems LGBT wedge issue, even though the majority of Republicans voted for a guy who is not a foe to them. He needs the GOP to be the big bad gay hating bogeyman.

And Bill going on and on about Paul Ryan and how his lack of support for Trump means the party is split. Isn't that the point? Most Republicans want the current establishment party leaders gone. Meanwhile, no one mentions that the Democrats are even more divided. But anything to keep the myth alive that Trump has no chance.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

comes along bort posted:

He's not wrong though about the shift from anti-gay to anti-trans legislation as a continuation of the same voter base appeal effort. It's a bit of a dying gasp but it's real all the same.

I dunno about that. The split among dems is Bernie supporters threatening to sit out the election or even vote Trump but that's a small faction of the primary electorate and they're not exactly reliable voters in the first place.

Plus progressives/leftists/whatever have been thoroughly marginalized within the party for decades. This is nothing new.

Republicans are absolutely much more divided structurally at this point. They'll inevitably get on the same page more or less once the general campaign begins in earnest, but the fissures are much deeper and less likely to go away the next few cycles. The fusionist coalition goes through periods of weakness but the current level of division is totally new, and so far the party doesn't have a response.

The big irony is their candidate is essentially an establishment democrat pretending to be a conservative populist. But that has more to do with the rubes responding to the first person who actually tells them what they want to hear.

The results of the GOP primary show that voters aren't supporting evangelicals and their agenda anymore. All the anti trans stuff is coming from politicians who are still trying to pander to those groups. The evangelicals will be marginalized soon enough.

So you admit that both parties are divided, and that Bill mentioning the GOP but not the Dems was disingenuous? And that Trump has just as much of a chance as Hillary? Also like Ann mentionend, there are quite a bit of Dems switching sides and voting for Trump. Ten million American voters are "rubes". Wonderful

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

comes along bort posted:

I have no clue how you got all that from my reply so I'll just chalk it up to mild TBI.

What is TBI?

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Wow from how the primaries are going you wouldn't know it. The fact that Clinton hasn't taken Bernie out completely by now speaks volumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Yes, proof that our media is used by the DNC for propaganda is "nothing".

Trump is a meanie, by the way.